Author Topic: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread  (Read 313048 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #2525 on: December 20, 2016, 02:00:13 PM »
rutgers just got hit with 7 sanctions....

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: December 20, 2016, 02:07:02 PM »
rutgers just got hit with 7 sanctions....

16 players failed drug tests and were allowed to play against department policy.  Sounds like they need ADJC to clean it up.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: December 20, 2016, 02:12:34 PM »
Okay if DJamer Wally is to be remotely believed then who was the negative influence?  Wasn't Kill on the sidelines during games?  But, haven't seen a peep from Snyder on his leaving.  Hmm

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: December 20, 2016, 02:15:21 PM »
Sounds like Jerry really killed the mood
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: December 20, 2016, 02:19:06 PM »

Remember back in the day when jerry kill was just a name that would pop up here once or twice a year in an other games thread and there'd be a few jokes about his name and the event of the day?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: December 20, 2016, 02:20:46 PM »

Remember back in the day when jerry kill was just a name that would pop up here once or twice a year in an other games thread and there'd be a few jokes about his name and the event of the day?

Yep, kinda weird now.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: December 20, 2016, 02:25:08 PM »
What an irrelevant person to be the focus of this offseason's first controversy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: December 20, 2016, 06:11:22 PM »
I mean there is that whole not letting him turn the football program over to his first born son thing.

There has been absolutely no indication that this was ever a possibility. It should be obvious to anyone with common sense that if Sean had a desire to be a head coach it would have happened by now.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: December 20, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »
I mean there is that whole not letting him turn the football program over to his first born son thing.

There has been absolutely no indication that this was ever a possibility. It should be obvious to anyone with common sense that if Sean had a desire to be a head coach it would have happened by now.

I mostly agree with you, but that's because I suspect that Sean doesn't REALLY want the job...like, he isn't willing to put a Ron binder together and really fight for the job. I do really think that Bill wants Sean to want the job, and I also do really think that Currie really does not want Sean to have the job, but that's merely speculation on my part. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: December 20, 2016, 11:53:47 PM »

I mostly agree with you, but that's because I suspect that Sean doesn't REALLY want the job...like, he isn't willing to put a Ron binder together and really fight for the job. I do really think that Bill wants Sean to want the job, and I also do really think that Currie really does not want Sean to have the job, but that's merely speculation on my part.

If I were to speculate I would say that Sean's reluctance to coach may have something to do with Sean watching what being a head coach did to Bill the father. Did Bill and Sean's mom divorce after he became the head coach at K-State?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: December 21, 2016, 12:25:57 AM »

If I were to speculate I would say that Sean's reluctance to coach may have something to do with Sean watching what being a head coach did to Bill the father. Did Bill and Sean's mom divorce after he became the head coach at K-State?

Before.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2536 on: December 21, 2016, 09:30:01 AM »

Another poster here once told me that they were at a kid's birthday party with Sean, and Sean made a comment that if he were the head coach, he wouldn't be at the birthday party, hence why he didn't want it.

So, I think your speculation is probably pretty damn close to the bulls eye.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: December 21, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »
Other coaches don't have to miss all the birthday parties. Bill is just a weirdo.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: December 21, 2016, 10:51:53 AM »
Sean is sooooo millennial. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: December 21, 2016, 11:53:23 AM »

gen xer. largely ignored by dad and now helicoptering at a birthday party one of his kids was invited to instead of just dropping off and picking up like a normal human.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2540 on: December 21, 2016, 12:40:15 PM »

gen xer. largely ignored by dad and now helicoptering at a birthday party one of his kids was invited to instead of just dropping off and picking up like a normal human.

Some birthday parties are fun.  One girl's grandpa dressed up like a pirate and gave us all rum drinks, and then we got to eat pizza and have cake with the kids.

I don't know about you, but I had a pretty good evening that night.  I can be bought with cake, pizza, and rum.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: December 21, 2016, 01:36:07 PM »
Isn't it a positive that Snyder hates Currie?  Like, that's one of the things I like best about him.

I'm not sure it's something I really like, but it's definitely endearing. Snyder apparently won't even go near him during church. CHURCH!

Church feuds can be some serious stuff.  Maybe we all have this wrong, and this thing is entirely a church feud?  Any Manhattan area Presbyterian insiders out there?
Go there with the folks when I'm in town. Currie is there most times, Bill very rarely mainly on holidays. I have seen them interact briefly but bill leaves immediately after the service and Currie rubs shoulders.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: December 21, 2016, 04:48:24 PM »

Some birthday parties are fun.  One girl's grandpa dressed up like a pirate and gave us all rum drinks, and then we got to eat pizza and have cake with the kids.

I don't know about you, but I had a pretty good evening that night.  I can be bought with cake, pizza, and rum.

I could probably handle this
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: December 21, 2016, 10:19:10 PM »
Isn't it a positive that Snyder hates Currie?  Like, that's one of the things I like best about him.

I'm not sure it's something I really like, but it's definitely endearing. Snyder apparently won't even go near him during church. CHURCH!

Church feuds can be some serious stuff.  Maybe we all have this wrong, and this thing is entirely a church feud?  Any Manhattan area Presbyterian insiders out there?
Go there with the folks when I'm in town. Currie is there most times, Bill very rarely mainly on holidays. I have seen them interact briefly but bill leaves immediately after the service and Currie rubs shoulders.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LFHOFADJC is a known shoulder don't.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: December 22, 2016, 08:12:49 AM »

Are the shoulder rubs primarily on women, like Joe Biden does?  If so, very creepy.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: December 22, 2016, 12:53:10 PM »

Are the shoulder rubs primarily on women, like Joe Biden does?  If so, very creepy.
Shoulder rubs are so old fashion, and mainly are used by cattle now days.  Modern folks are into butt rubs anyway.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: December 22, 2016, 01:21:50 PM »
With the Joe Mixon video release, there is some outrage at Bobby Stoops for keeping Mixon on OU's squad. Would this make LHCBS re-think retirement if he knew Stoops would be available--I understand they are on excellent terms.  Would Currie dare make the hire?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: December 22, 2016, 01:25:17 PM »
With the Joe Mixon video release, there is some outrage at Bobby Stoops for keeping Mixon on OU's squad. Would this make LHCBS re-think retirement if he knew Stoops would be available--I understand they are on excellent terms.  Would Currie dare make the hire?

Sorry to quote my own post, but ran across this in the comments section in the Yahoo article:
Here's something everyone should know about Joe Mixon and his propensities. This last October, he had illegally parked his car (a brand new Dodge Challenger)* in a parking lot for which he did not hold a permit. A traffic enforcement officer ticketed his car as a result, Mixon saw her and approached her saying: ""Don't put that shi*t in my face." He then tore up the ticket and threw it at her hitting her in the face. He then got in his car and according to the police report: "inched at the officer with vehicle in drive to intimidate the officer with vehicle." BTW, all he did was move his car to another adjoining parking lot which he also did not hold a parking permit for his car. *I'll let you figure out how a college student-athlete can afford a brand new decked-out Challeger without violating NCAA rules regarding impermissible benefits.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: January 03, 2017, 11:33:06 PM »
I was reading up on this Tracy Claeys stuff and found this article, people think the world of kill I guess, enough to fire your coach.

Report: UConn's Bob Diaco fired after not showing interest in Rutgers OC Jerry Kill

Chris Ash quickly zeroed in on Jerry Kill and offered him a record salary for the job of Rutgers offensive coordinator.

On the other hand, Bob Diaco reportedly showed no interest in having Kill as offensive coordinator -- and it might be one of the factors that cost the UConn coach his job when he was fired Monday, a month after the season ended.

The Hartford Courant reported Tuesday that:

A source -- not (athletics director David) Benedict -- said that former Minnesota head coach Jerry Kill was on campus a few weeks back, that Kill wanted the job and Diaco wasn't interested in Kill. Benedict would not comment on this.

Benedict was the deputy athletics director at Minnesota from 2012-14, when Kill was the Golden Gophers football coach. He was named 2014 Big Ten Coach of the Year and could be a home run hire if he remains healthy.

Kill, who is finishing up his term as associate athletics director in charge of football at Kansas State this week, is Rutgers' eighth offensive coordinator in eight seasons.

Diaco went through three offensive coordinators in three seasons at UConn and was in the market for a fourth when the offseason started. There was media speculation as to whether Diaco's ego not would allow him to hire a big name from outside of his inner circle.

"I had a couple other opportunities," Kill said when he was introduced by Rutgers, "but I took the job with Chris because I think we are very similar in coaching styles, personalities, same philosophy."

Where Diaco reportedly showed no interest in Kill, Ash flew out to Manhattan, Kan. for a meeting within two days of the position opening.

Kill's hire also represents a smart break from Ash's first-year philosophy, when he filled out the coaching staff with mostly former colleagues and trusted friends of friends within the business. Kill offers a sounding board for a second-year head coach.

Offensive coordinator Drew Mehringer was a 28-year-old first-time FBS-level play-caller. He left to be a co-coordinator at Texas.

Rutgers ranked last in the nation in total offensive yards, while UConn ranked last in scoring offense.

"I talked to several individuals at a lot of different places, different backgrounds, guys that I knew, guys that were connected to people that I trust and have worked with before, guys that were older, guys that were younger," Ash said.

"I didn't have a priority of a 1-through-10 or anything like that. Just took good notes on the people that I talked to and the information I was getting back through my background checks as I called around.

"As I talked about the profile I had laid out and I kept trying to check mark the boxes, everything kept coming back to Coach Kill being the guy who checked the most boxes and made the most sense and was the best fit."