Author Topic: Let's hear more about all the walk ons  (Read 17852 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear more about all the walk ons
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2014, 08:01:28 PM »
I'm pretty OK with where our program is at.

:dunno:

I'm with you Dlew.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2014, 08:02:30 PM »
Who was the last team to win a championship with less than a 60 thousand seat stadium? The problem isn't walkons, it's ain't no seats.
1990, both teams claiming a natty (Colorado and Georgia State) had around 50k at the time... so yeah, been a while.

For the record i don't think building a big Iowa Statey crap stadium would fix our woes getting more talented athletes.

*Georgia Tech btw. but the stadium was 46k so your point still stands.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2014, 08:06:41 PM »

I'm with you Dlew.

Likewise... It also seems like the ones bitching the loudest are also the ones who expected/predicted an 8-4 or 7-5 season before it began.

bears are fast...

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2014, 08:09:05 PM »

I'm with you Dlew.

It's definitely fine. I'll speak for myself, but if we are winning 7 games on a rebuild year (last year) and winning 9 or so games a season I can't complain.

As for competing for the playoff, I expect to do that maybe something like 2 times every 10 years. The reason getting there is so tough for a team like KSU is because realistically you have to be a top 15 type team 2 years in a row just to start off the season not too far behind everyone else in the polls.

While I will admit I had my hopes high for a playoff team this year, I can't deny that going 9-3 or 10-2 would be a great season. And neither should anyone else.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2014, 08:36:22 PM »
TCU clown suited all our scholarship players and people are complaining about the walkons. Seems backwards.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2014, 08:48:03 PM »
TCU clown suited all our scholarship players and people are complaining about the walkons. Seems backwards.
They clown suited our entire team except for one guy who happens to be a scholly recipient. The two glaring weaknesses on defense are walk ons. We know we have better talent riding the pines that are scholly recipients (including Clinks over my guy Geary). The walk ons are fair game here. If Bill plays the scholly guys over walk ons and the result is the same, those guys would be the cannon fodder.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2014, 08:53:05 PM »
They clown suited our entire team except for one guy who happens to be a scholly recipient. The two glaring weaknesses on defense are walk ons. We know we have better talent riding the pines that are scholly recipients (including Clinks over my guy Geary). The walk ons are fair game here. If Bill plays the scholly guys over walk ons and the result is the same, those guys would be the cannon fodder.

What have you seen or heard to suggest Clinks would be a better option than Geary?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2014, 08:55:07 PM »

What have you seen or heard to suggest Clinks would be a better option than Geary?
WWW.rivals.com- That's about as far as some of these guys thought process goes. :frown:

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2014, 09:20:12 PM »

Clinks was solid in his last two games but didn't play at all on Saturday.  Geary, along with the rest of the defensive line, was ineffective. Seems like he should have been given the chance to come in and show what he could do.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2014, 09:28:37 PM »

WWW.rivals.com- That's about as far as some of these guys thought process goes. :frown:
Try again..http://www.chatsports.com/kansas-state-wildcats/a/Clinkscales-adding-depth-to-Cats-DLine-0-10668251

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2014, 09:34:52 PM »
I haven't seen Clinks do anything yet. He doesn't look like he knows any pass rush moves. He doesn't use his hands at all and only bull rushes. Geary doesn't offer a pass rush, but it looks like he is immovable and holds his position well.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2014, 10:15:16 PM »

The unintentional humor of this post is amazing.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2014, 10:34:18 PM »
Kim Carnes really brings the zeal as a sports enthusiast/analyst. He wanted waters over sams, then retracted, and picked up on the Chargers when he moved into his trailer out in San Diego. Said the chiefs would suck and here we are. Kim Carnes, #1 sports analyst on this board. :ROFL:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2014, 11:01:49 PM »
Kim Carnes really brings the zeal as a sports enthusiast/analyst. He wanted waters over sams, then retracted, and picked up on the Chargers when he moved into his trailer out in San Diego. Said the chiefs would suck and here we are. Kim Carnes, #1 sports analyst on this board. :ROFL:

What is this post?   

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2014, 12:07:56 AM »

What is this post?
Are you going to rejoin the chiefs thread or just be a waste of breath? :confused:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2014, 12:13:04 AM »
I used to wonder whether kim was a wacky sock, or vice versa. Not anymore. This rivalry is for real.  :popcorn:

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2014, 12:28:55 AM »
This is an asinine thread.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2014, 12:46:52 AM »
realistically you have to be a top 15 type team 2 years in a row just to start off the season not too far behind everyone else in the polls.

That sucks for Mississippi State and TCU.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2014, 01:34:20 AM »
realistically you have to be a top 15 type team 2 years in a row just to start off the season not too far behind everyone else in the polls.

Yeah.  I think the preseason rank thing mattered more during the BCS, when you had to count on AP voters not being dingbats.  So far, (with the exception of Alabama's conspicuously high ranking) the committee has done a pretty good evaluating the total body of work.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2014, 01:37:39 AM »

That he gets double-teamed within a play or two during basically every game he plays, after sitting on the sideline for most of the season tells me a lot. Should he be getting all the snaps over Geary?  :dunno:, the defense is not made better by leaving him on the sidelines.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2014, 01:50:55 AM »

Yeah.  I think the preseason rank thing mattered more during the BCS, when you had to count on AP voters not being dingbats.  So far, (with the exception of Alabama's conspicuously high ranking) the committee has done a pretty good evaluating the total body of work.

Alabama is ranked No. 4 or better in 87 of the 96 rating systems listed on the Massey composite. Their average rating is 1.64 better than the next best team (Mississippi State) and at least two full points/ spots better than every other team. It gets old seeing Alabama hanging around, but they deserve it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2014, 02:34:15 AM »
THE problem is that K-State pee's down their leg EVERY time they are presented with a chance to really succeed.  It is the same whether it's football (1998, 2012, 2014), basketball (2010, 2013), or baseball (2013).  It has been this way since 1950's MBB, and countless times in between.  We're great if we're the underdog or overachieving, but the minute people take notice and expect us to perform we fail.

We compete with and beat far superior athletes every single year.  We just find a way to melt when the lights get bright.  Whether it's dropping passes, fumbling, kickoff returns, sketti-brains, scared play calling, going ice cold from 3 point range, fouling with 5 seconds left to force a draining double OT game, dead bats, etc.  It's as predictable as sunrise and sunset.

However, I LOVE even being in contention to compete for championships.  Can you really imagine how bad it must suck to be a fan of Houston, UNT, Wyoming, Troy, UAB, CSU, or even Iowa State?

I don't have any idea how to change it.  Hire a coach with swag, who recruits players with swag?  These small-time, overachievers are great, but the cream eventually rises to the top.  I can't bring myself to call for outright cheating,  although there doesn't seem to be much downside as far as the ncaa or society are concerned.

TL;DNR: We never go home and "have relations" with the prom queen.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2014, 02:45:53 AM »
Wacky is probably the best fit for the Wabash out of anyone on this board.

Sad, but true.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2014, 03:13:13 AM »
Just saw Lefty's "ksu can't win the must win game" thread.  I see all the valid arguments.  For me, it's not that we can't beat a team ranked 10 spots above us on the road so much as we often play like crap.  We tend to display an inability to dictate game tempo, style, etc.,  or adjust to what the other team is exploiting.  I'm talking "0-10 when both teams ranked in top 10, and 7 times by double digits" type stuff.  These aren't exactly David/Goliath type odds.  Our 5 hearts and lack of depth are what got us there, and what eventually get us killed.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
  • Cocaine is a helluva drug
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2014, 08:51:34 AM »
Just saw Lefty's "ksu can't win the must win game" thread.  I see all the valid arguments.  For me, it's not that we can't beat a team ranked 10 spots above us on the road so much as we often play like crap.  We tend to display an inability to dictate game tempo, style, etc.,  or adjust to what the other team is exploiting.  I'm talking "0-10 when both teams ranked in top 10, and 7 times by double digits" type stuff.  These aren't exactly David/Goliath type odds.  Our 5 hearts and lack of depth are what got us there, and what eventually get us killed.

and gE'ers  have the nerve to call other schools small timey.