Author Topic: Official KU Coaching Search  (Read 27811 times)

The Big Train

Re: Official KU Coaching Search
« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2014, 08:05:29 PM »
i cant believe nobody has said the obvious choice here.  C.J. Hamilton

i mean the guy has like 79 state championships at silver lake.  he is just a stones throw away from ku's new track complex.  knows how to handle high school kids and coach em up.  sure he might not want to play in a shitter stadium but hey its D1 football.  would be a great get for ku.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2014, 08:24:31 PM »
Kind of a lateral move, ain't it?

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2014, 08:31:09 PM »
Kind of a lateral move, ain't it?

Really a step down.  At SLake, CJ has kids a community, and administration all committed to success at all things they do.  At kU, unless you consider out of control sexual assault a go, not so much.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2014, 12:50:55 PM »
It looks like its ole Ed's to lose:

Quote from: Ed Orgeron, via College Football Talk

"It's a Power Five (job)," Orgeron told George Schroeder of USA Today at a speaking engagement Monday in Little Rock, Ark. "(Mark) Mangino went 12-1 and went to the Orange Bowl. It's in a great conference. His staff proved that you can do it."

When asked if he really wanted to be Kansas' fourth head coach seven years, Orgeron was undeterred.

"It's a challenging job," he said. "But most jobs you get, there's gonna be some things you're gonna have to fix."

I am thinking 2 Million maybe?
I think his success at the helm with USC was more to do with being surrounded by talent than his coaching . Despite that, Pat Haden did Orgeron pretty dirty IMO. Pulling for O to get a gig but it would be too big of a gamble for Zenger to keep his job, O hasn't proven he can do something with nothing

I wonder how many guys Coach O already has secretly committed to the Hawks?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »
Any truth to the buzz that Sheahon is secretly contacting Mack?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2014, 03:02:42 PM »
SMU is the better job

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 31, 2014, 07:52:30 PM »
No way.  Mack could get any other job he wanted tomorrow if he wanted back in.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2014, 01:44:23 AM »
Heard some great stories about Weis and Mangino this past week.

Girl I know went to do an interview with Weis. Got to his office and was told to wait. After 20 minutes they let her in and he's just sitting at his desk with a blanket over him. Kind of weird, but okay. After a few questions he reaches to grab something on his desk and the blanket falls down a bit, revealing that he is not wearing a shirt under it! He had 20 minutes to get ready, and decided putting a shirt on just wasn't that important! Who knows what else he wasn't wearing!

Talked to some parents of a kid that was pretty low on the totem pole in the AD, and would run errands for Mangino when some other people couldn't. This included sometimes having to pick up his daily snack of a bucket of fried chicken from KFC. The best part? He wouldn't eat the chicken, just the fried skin. Then he'd throw all the chicken away.

They also had to install a super flusher on his toilet because he clogged it so often. And he also would often forget toilet paper so his female secretary would have to bring him in toilet paper on a regular basis.

Oh ex-KU coaches, I love the stories I hear about you.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2014, 07:22:30 AM »
 :Lurk:

lol Mack is not going to coach somewhere he has to lose to Texas every year.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2014, 07:43:56 AM »

Girl I know went to do an interview with Weis. Got to his office and was told to wait. After 20 minutes they let her in and he's just sitting at his desk with a blanket over him. Kind of weird, but okay. After a few questions he reaches to grab something on his desk and the blanket falls down a bit, revealing that he is not wearing a shirt under it! He had 20 minutes to get ready, and decided putting a shirt on just wasn't that important! Who knows what else he wasn't wearing!

Talked to some parents of a kid that was pretty low on the totem pole in the AD, and would run errands for Mangino when some other people couldn't. This included sometimes having to pick up his daily snack of a bucket of fried chicken from KFC. The best part? He wouldn't eat the chicken, just the fried skin. Then he'd throw all the chicken away.

They also had to install a super flusher on his toilet because he clogged it so often. And he also would often forget toilet paper so his female secretary would have to bring him in toilet paper on a regular basis.

That blanket story is terrifying

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2014, 08:02:15 AM »
Bowen gives ku nice cover for when everyone says, "no way I'm taking that dead end job."

The Zulu can be like, "we like what we saw out of clint and think he's earned the opportunity."  When really the only shot they had was with a lower tier MAC pseudo - lateral hire.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2014, 07:40:06 PM »

No towel boys?  :surprised:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »
That was my takeaway too, Katdaddy.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire