Author Topic: Shitty Schelly  (Read 12937 times)

catzacker

Re: Shitty Schelly
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2014, 10:19:27 AM »
Shelly had a good play on the hail mary, but it was because the rest of the get fresh crew in our secondary played that ball terribly.  And Shelly's play on the opening drive (as well as Truman's) was atrocious.  There was a pass breakup that Shelly had where if it had been Travis Green, it would have been picked off.  I'll be curious to see how Shelly (and Truman) do against TCU's offense.  To be fair, Dakorey had a terrible read in coverage that should have resulted in a big OSU play, but they are so rough ridin' terrible the TE dropped the pass and he didn't get the right fits on a few plays too.  Davis is painful to watch.  Burns has gotten better as the season has gotten along, it's not automatic that if you need a 12yd slant you just throw it Burns' way.  That title falls to Nate Jackson now.

In Truman's defense, OSU schemed the first drive to basically spread us out and get Hill one on one with him.

There aren't many linebackers that can go against Hill and not look bad.

It's like OSU saw what they did on the first drive and after that said, "well, crap, that worked really well, now let's try something new" so they went to running Hill up the middle and not trying to match him up against safeties or LB's until right before the end of the half.  I  know he tweaked his ankle, so maybe that was it. 

I'm pretty sure we made some adjustments too. After the game several of our guys said they came out with some things we hadn't seen before on film and after we adjusted to that we were fine.

i'm sure we did, but osu for some reason began to run between the tackles after that first drive, instead of getting Hill on the edge/outside.  It was weird to me. Maybe we set the edge better and/or his ankle injury slowed him? I dunno.  They also tend to throw to him out of the backfield more than they did last night. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shitty Schelly
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2014, 12:12:15 PM »
Shelly had a good play on the hail mary, but it was because the rest of the get fresh crew in our secondary played that ball terribly.  And Shelly's play on the opening drive (as well as Truman's) was atrocious.  There was a pass breakup that Shelly had where if it had been Travis Green, it would have been picked off.  I'll be curious to see how Shelly (and Truman) do against TCU's offense.  To be fair, Dakorey had a terrible read in coverage that should have resulted in a big OSU play, but they are so rough ridin' terrible the TE dropped the pass and he didn't get the right fits on a few plays too.  Davis is painful to watch.  Burns has gotten better as the season has gotten along, it's not automatic that if you need a 12yd slant you just throw it Burns' way.  That title falls to Nate Jackson now.
:facepalm:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting