Author Topic: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.  (Read 299620 times)

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Re: Nebraska's struggle for relevance.
« Reply #1275 on: August 12, 2020, 05:35:08 PM »
Do you think the conference would be in a better or worse position to negotiate TV deals if Nebraska was back in the BigXII?

If they were to come back, the conference would be stronger and stand to generate more revenue because ESPN and Fox know that Nubs vs OU, UT, and even KSU will generate more TV dollars than Nubs vs Northwestern, Rutgers, or Maryland. If you kick the trash in Waco to the curb and bring them in, you get those old Big8 match ups every year instead of the few marque games happening once every other year in the big 10.

I don't think it'll happen, but everyone would be better off if they came back instead of staying put.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 12, 2020, 05:45:55 PM »
I suspect that the biggest takeaway we will have when this COVID stuff is all over is that Nebraska talked a lot, but ultimately had to just shut up and take it.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 12, 2020, 06:06:48 PM »
Taxed from surly

Being a Kstate fan I agree with this 100%. They beat up on Kstate and the other Big8 schools (minus OU) for 60+ years, just pummeling our faces in while smiling about what great fans they are. When Kstate finally started beating NU consistently (5-2 from 98-04) they couldn't take it and fired Solich which started their downward spiral to where they are now. Then they left us and their 100+ year history with the Big8 schools to prove they were still relevant.

I would have loved nothing more than to have spent the last 10 years jumping up and down on their dying corpse as corn kernels shot from their mouth like BB's.

I want them back in the Big12 for that reason alone, to kick them while they are down until there is no more leather left on my shoes.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 12, 2020, 06:14:43 PM »
I thought I'd auctioned off my NEBRASKA F*CKING SUCKS shirt at the last FattyFest but just now looked and I still have it.  :ksu:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 12, 2020, 07:21:55 PM »
Do you think the conference would be in a better or worse position to negotiate TV deals if Nebraska was back in the BigXII?

If they were to come back, the conference would be stronger and stand to generate more revenue because ESPN and Fox know that Nubs vs OU, UT, and even KSU will generate more TV dollars than Nubs vs Northwestern, Rutgers, or Maryland. If you kick the trash in Waco to the curb and bring them in, you get those old Big8 match ups every year instead of the few marque games happening once every other year in the big 10.

I don't think it'll happen, but everyone would be better off if they came back instead of staying put.

Do I think that Nebraska would result in the conference getting an additional $30 million per year in revenue, no I don't. Not anymore than anyone else in the Big 10 west, except maybe Wisconsin. They have a great combination of football relevance and television subscribers.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 13, 2020, 08:28:27 AM »
Taxed from surly

Being a Kstate fan I agree with this 100%. They beat up on Kstate and the other Big8 schools (minus OU) for 60+ years, just pummeling our faces in while smiling about what great fans they are. When Kstate finally started beating NU consistently (5-2 from 98-04) they couldn't take it and fired Solich which started their downward spiral to where they are now. Then they left us and their 100+ year history with the Big8 schools to prove they were still relevant.

I would have loved nothing more than to have spent the last 10 years jumping up and down on their dying corpse as corn kernels shot from their mouth like BB's.

I want them back in the Big12 for that reason alone, to kick them while they are down until there is no more leather left on my shoes.

I bet that person smells amazing

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 13, 2020, 09:11:40 AM »

Do I think that Nebraska would result in the conference getting an additional $30 million per year in revenue, no I don't. Not anymore than anyone else in the Big 10 west, except maybe Wisconsin. They have a great combination of football relevance and television subscribers.

Wisconsin is definitely miles closer to what Nebraska was in the 90's than Nebraska is now.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 13, 2020, 01:17:20 PM »
wisconsin is relevant, nebraska isn't

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 13, 2020, 01:31:22 PM »
Nebraska is potentially available, Wisconsin isn't.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 13, 2020, 01:52:13 PM »
of course they're available, they're worthless

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1285 on: August 13, 2020, 02:39:32 PM »
Hey guys, did you know that there's a lot of free dog crap available in these containers around the park? Just waiting to get picked up by any lucky dude.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 13, 2020, 04:05:12 PM »
not anymore there isn't!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1287 on: August 13, 2020, 04:40:42 PM »
Clams knows value

Offline lakesbison

• Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • BisoNation
« Reply #1288 on: August 13, 2020, 05:05:52 PM »
NDSU and Nebraska were in talks for a game too.

NDSU would whip their asses
www.BisoNation.com   7 time Natl Champs

K-State is NDSU 3.0  (cuz wyoming is 2.0)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 13, 2020, 05:13:53 PM »
Yes, so would everyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: August 13, 2020, 05:43:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/ronniedgreen/status/1293903116161544199?s=21

Isn’t this the second or third time Nebraska has had to make a statement like this since joining the big10?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 14, 2020, 07:46:40 AM »
They should be very embarrassed by this most recent statement.  Everyone knows that it's definitely a "OK, I'm sorry, I'll shut and do what I am told" statement.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 14, 2020, 10:58:08 AM »
They should be very embarrassed by this most recent statement.  Everyone knows that it's definitely a "OK, I'm sorry, I'll shut and do what I am told" statement.
It just confirms what every logically thinking human has ever thought. Nebraska is whipped and will never get to leave the big 10 10 til they get their act together.

There is nothing NU fans want more than Scott Frost to be the guy to turn it around, the thing is he won't
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 14, 2020, 11:50:44 AM »

100%, they proved to be the baby backed bitches they have always been. Prima donnas. They think the world revolves around their has been football program and get incensed any time things don't go their way.

Maybe they should try and be ND and just go Independent. Sure they will make no money since the only people who will watch is the state of Nebraska and they will fall even further into obscurity, but hey, at least they won't have Texas, Michigan, tOSU, Penn St. et al telling them they are just another cog in the wheel.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 16, 2020, 07:28:45 PM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 16, 2020, 08:10:38 PM »
Lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 16, 2020, 10:06:33 PM »
Iowa did this last week, of course Nebraska is behind one of their rivals. I don't want to be overly harsh to these parents but are they dumbfucks or what? Don't they realize these letters need to be going to their university presidents? Do they really think the commissioner of the conference made this decision without the will of his board of governors?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 16, 2020, 10:16:21 PM »
Iowa did this last week, of course Nebraska is behind one of their rivals. I don't want to be overly harsh to these parents but are they dumbfucks or what? Don't they realize these letters need to be going to their university presidents? Do they really think the commissioner of the conference made this decision without the will of his board of governors?
The UP's don't want to take that blame! They might have told the parents to go to the league!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 16, 2020, 10:23:26 PM »
The UP's don't want to take that blame! They might have told the parents to go to the league!

These parents want to be mad enough to write letters telling people how do to their jobs should at least know who to be mad at. Hard to take them seriously as knowing anything when they can't even get that right. How often was it reported that they voted and Nebraska and Iowa were the only dissenting votes? Did they think Kevin Warren was like playing dolls and voted himself 14 times?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 16, 2020, 10:25:22 PM »
It's the same bullshit with people blaming Mark Emmert and the NCAA. They haven't had control over FBS football in our lifetime.