Author Topic: First Official K-State Women's Soccer Thread  (Read 111498 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: First Official K-State Women's Soccer Thread
« Reply #1125 on: February 24, 2021, 08:35:01 AM »
If soccer also gets a covered practice pavilion they better start winning a lot more. 

One of the fastest facilities ascendence in women’s collegiate soccer history.

How many programs in America have a facility like that? (assume some have access to similar, but mostly referring to a dedicated on campus one)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 09, 2021, 08:50:12 AM »
Hear we are getting a fresh transfer from the buffs. Maybe some hope

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 10, 2021, 04:03:32 AM »
If soccer also gets a covered practice pavilion they better start winning a lot more. 

One of the fastest facilities ascendence in women’s collegiate soccer history.

How many programs in America have a facility like that? (assume some have access to similar, but mostly referring to a dedicated on campus one)

Like what we have? A whole lot.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 22, 2021, 09:34:46 AM »
I follow facilities closely and I don’t think I’ve seen a single soccer program have a dedicated covered practice facility built just for the soccer program.

I’d be curious to know which schools have built a covered/or indoor practice facility just for soccer.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 22, 2021, 08:29:53 PM »
I follow facilities closely and I don’t think I’ve seen a single soccer program have a dedicated covered practice facility built just for the soccer program.

I’d be curious to know which schools have built a covered/or indoor practice facility just for soccer.

We don't have that either. When we need to practice indoors we use the indoor football field.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 24, 2021, 08:44:07 AM »

We don't have that either. When we need to practice indoors we use the indoor football field.

I didn't say we did, but the master plan calls for either indoor tennis courts or a soccer pavilion on what would become the old football grass practice field.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 28, 2021, 10:02:29 PM »
Last place again  :frown:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 29, 2021, 09:43:25 PM »
wait until they get their new stadium and stuff

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 08, 2022, 01:21:44 PM »
I'll say it again.   Easily the fastest facilities ascendance in K-State history.   Keeping in mind that BFP is a single sport facility.   It's not a women's/men's soccer/lacrosse facility like many of the nicer facilities in the country.   Or like Texas which is a soccer/track facility.      It's time that this program start moving forward out of the cellar.   I haven't seen them all, but I would say in the Big 12 only Okie Lite's facilities surpasses K-State.    KU's doesn't count because it's a suburban park that KU leases. 

https://www.kstatesports.com/news/2022/4/8/soccer-k-states-buser-family-park-to-feature-new-videoboard-in-2022.aspx

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 08, 2022, 01:37:02 PM »
lol, that video board should go a long way in erasing the 25-35 year historic head start between K-State soccer and the rest of the sport.

I've always said you can learn a lot about college athletics recruiting by looking at the size of the video board of the involved programs.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 08, 2022, 01:43:00 PM »
They should triple the size of it and watch the trophies roll in.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 08, 2022, 02:23:03 PM »
lol, that video board should go a long way in erasing the 25-35 year historic head start between K-State soccer and the rest of the sport.

I've always said you can learn a lot about college athletics recruiting by looking at the size of the video board of the involved programs.

You are literally still using the fact that 2 backwards ass states didn't stop playing by the old girls basketball rules until 2.5 decades ago as the reason why WCBB is dominated by a handful of programs.   While the rest of the states started playing by the men's rules 35 plus years ago.   You then use an analogy of UCLA a dynasty that ended FIVE DECADES ago to try and make your bad point.   The women literally have the same facilities as the men, and at some schools from a purely basketball fandom perspective the old arenas that have been highly renovated (at a cost of tens of millions of dollars) just for the women are superior to the sterile arenas used by the men. 

I didn't say K-State needs to start winning national titles, but they need to start moving their way out of the cellar.   The big time women's programs in soccer literally waited decades to get what K-State women got in 5 years.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 08, 2022, 08:24:28 PM »
They should triple the size of it and watch the trophies roll in.

:excited:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 09, 2022, 12:34:43 PM »
All I'm saying is lets ascend from the cellar (Insert Ratt Album cover)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 18, 2022, 10:31:19 PM »
Lost opener 1-2, completely outclassed by the Northwestern version of the Wildcats for the last 2/3's of the game.  NW dominated the second half.

New videoboard looks great, pitch looks great, still hating the lighting at the BFS/JVF.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: August 18, 2022, 11:51:44 PM »
Agree on all counts

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 19, 2022, 09:31:44 AM »
i watched very little of the game, but seeing the pitch made me want natural grass at bsfs

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 19, 2022, 10:58:37 AM »
we suck again

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: August 19, 2022, 11:47:45 AM »
I opened the twitters yesterday and first thing I saw was out goal to go up 1-0, and was like, hmm, wonder if they pulled it off, hit refresh, first tweet was just the sober "Final" and was like welp, there you go
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: August 19, 2022, 01:54:58 PM »
I'm going to nerd out.

We've got Musco Lighting (Iowa) in all of our venues except maybe Bramlage, and I just don't like the way their lighting translates on TV.   

They went a little cheap at BSF/JVF with the Musco modular light system, it's sort of a pre-packaged deal.  No Biggie.   The Toint is a more customized system, but on ESPNPlus particularly when K-State sports has their cameras, the infield shadows are just awful.   The $2 million dollar system in BSFS while an improvement over the old, still isn't that great IMO.   I'm fairly certain it was Musco LED they put in Bramlage when they put in the new Panasonic VB and the new sound system.  It's better, but still has dark areas on the floor, at least that's my observation on TV. 

Based on my observos, I believe the lighting system on the new practice field for football, will be the best one.    8 standards, 4 on a side. 

I can almost always tell when Musco has done the lighting at a stadium just by the way it looks on TV.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 19, 2022, 08:11:35 PM »
I think the lighting sucks in stadium as well, it's dark. Flood Aggie's stadium has Musco lights but it doesn't appear to be nearly as dark as BFP. I've always wondered if the location of the stadium, looking into the void of the practice fields and the horrible facilities and grounds graveyard, contributes to how dark it looks, there's no background light at all.

I don't know if I've ever been to the toint at night, so I can't comment on there.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 21, 2022, 01:48:31 PM »
Back when I sold data networks, AV distribution systems and video services to schools and colleges (including Sanford Stadium at Georgia #popscollar) for new school construction you had to pile through the whole freaking bid document in some instances.  Multiple times the football stadium was in those documents and they would talk about  average illuminance , light scatter and stuff like that.  So I picked up a little knowledge while trying to get to the parts I needed to be concerned with.   I don't think background lighting plays a factor.    I think for BPS they just went cheap.  Also, if you go look at the Volleyball Arena construction camera, its settings make the BFP look very bright.    I just don't think 4 standards is enough, they need better distribution and/or higher towers and more luminaires.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 21, 2022, 04:21:22 PM »
how long is long enough to “build the program” and determine what we hired in dibbini

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: August 21, 2022, 04:41:31 PM »
27 shots, 12 on goal, 1 goal, draw  :Yuck:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 21, 2022, 05:22:38 PM »
how long is long enough to “build the program” and determine what we hired in dibbini
Good question.  They had the fastest ascendence to top notch facilities in Kstate athletic history.  Sure would be nice to see that investment paying off into some upper level conference  finishes.