Author Topic: Voter ID  (Read 28817 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Voter ID
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 09:51:01 AM »
We must stop voter fraud!  Because even though places like Kansas and Wisconsin have never been able to prove a single case of voter fraud these laws would have stopped, these laws are necessary!
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 10:04:33 AM »
Really, this issue outlines how shitty, archaic, and 20th century our practices for obtaining an ID are. You should not have to wait in line at all to get a driver's license. You should be able to fill out all the paperwork and if necessary, take the test online before you even show up. Drivers tests should be by appointment and the only process that should be handled inside of the DMV is taking a photograph.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 10:15:39 AM »
Really, this issue outlines how shitty, archaic, and 20th century our practices for obtaining an ID are. You should not have to wait in line at all to get a driver's license. You should be able to fill out all the paperwork and if necessary, take the test online before you even show up. Drivers tests should be by appointment and the only process that should be handled inside of the DMV is taking a photograph.

National IDs!!!! OBAMA FASCIST!!!!
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 10:28:17 AM »
So is it true that all people on welfare receive a "government assistance ID card"? Because that's listed as an acceptable form of identification to vote. Seems like that pretty much nixes the whole "too burdensome for poor people" argument.

I also agree that, putting voter fraud aside, it's maybe not such a bad thing to require at least a small amount of effort to vote.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 10:32:29 AM »
I also agree that, putting voter fraud aside, it's maybe not such a bad thing to require at least a small amount of effort to vote.

I'm not sure if I agree with this. Maybe you could list some pros/cons.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 10:36:59 AM »
I tend to believe that people who are too busy to go and get an ID are also too busy to go vote.

The entire idea that there is widespread voter fraud is pretty ridiculous.

How much voter fraud is acceptable, I don't even know how to measure it, wanna use percentage of the vote?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 10:51:21 AM »

I'm not sure if I agree with this. Maybe you could list some pros/cons.

I can't say this for certain, but I would assume that people who are willing to make an effort to vote have also made an effort to educate themselves and understand why they're voting for a particular candidate. They also care enough about their country to make the effort. Both of those are good qualities for the electorate, no matter which ideology. I'm not talking about running a 5k - we're talking extremely little effort here, and if you're not willing to even do that, you annoy me and I'm glad your vote doesn't count.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 12:19:41 PM »
We must stop voter fraud!  Because even though places like Kansas and Wisconsin have never been able to prove a single case of voter fraud these laws would have stopped, these laws are necessary!

NEVER A SINGLE CASE  :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2014, 12:46:48 PM »
GW Bush may have never been president if there had been a voter ID law in 1999. Back then illegal immigrants were more on the side of the republicans, especially those from Mexico.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »
GW Bush may have never been president if there had been a voter ID law in 1999. Back then illegal immigrants were more on the side of the republicans, especially those from Mexico.

How did they register to vote?

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2014, 01:01:09 PM »

Exactly, they a) can't and b) never would because what immigrant lacking documentation would walk into an office who's nearly sole purpose is to verify documentation? The majority of illegal immigrants don't have checking accounts, credit cards, driver's licenses, etc because they're afraid that by trying to get one they'll get deported. It's absolutely insane that anyone thinks any "illegal" immigrant would risk everything they have to cast 1 ballot in an election.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2014, 01:02:46 PM »

How many has Kobach found?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »

same way they do it now, stolen social security number, name and address.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2014, 01:35:23 PM »

Exactly, they a) can't and b) never would because what immigrant lacking documentation would walk into an office who's nearly sole purpose is to verify documentation? The majority of illegal immigrants don't have checking accounts, credit cards, driver's licenses, etc because they're afraid that by trying to get one they'll get deported. It's absolutely insane that anyone thinks any "illegal" immigrant would risk everything they have to cast 1 ballot in an election.

none of this is true.  Good grief

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2014, 02:23:22 PM »

Nobody is being deported, or even held in custody. They are being paid by ACORN and the hundreds of it's spinoffs. Load them on buses with a list of socials to register, then again to the polls. There is also a problem with citizens voting multiple times under different names. Registrars offices don't care and take the information at face value.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2014, 02:26:12 PM »
 :jeffy:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2014, 02:36:20 PM »
This is pretty LOL.

So these guys laugh at the thought of voter fraud in general, but then to point out what a huge problem voter fraud actually is, but only on the republican side.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2014, 02:48:38 PM »
having to register to vote is more of a barrier than having to possess identification.  registering to vote is such a ridiculous concept.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2014, 02:53:03 PM »
having to register to vote is more of a barrier than having to possess identification.  registering to vote is such a ridiculous concept.

Yeah, if they had a national voter ID card, you wouldn't need to re-register every time you moved. I also like the purple thumb dye thing they do in other countries.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2014, 03:12:30 PM »

bingo

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2014, 03:29:53 PM »
Yeah, if they had a national voter ID card, you wouldn't need to re-register every time you moved.

if anyone wanted to sell the idea to the public, this is the way to do it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2014, 03:32:44 PM »

bingo

We have voter id laws, retards.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2014, 05:56:05 PM »
Kinda sad how the resident neocons are acting out because renocat is stealing their attention
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2014, 06:03:21 PM »
They are threatened by a real conservative, I guess.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2014, 09:29:01 PM »
It's not just requiring ID.  For example, when we moved back to Kansas, my wife went out to the website and wrote down everything she needed to take.

She took her Missouri DL, birth certificate, SSN card, etc.  Pretty much everything she had.  When she got to the polling place, they wanted to see her marriage certificate so they could prove that she was married to me, and that's why her name on her current ID didn't match her birth certificate.

It doesn't matter that she had two forms of ID that were considered fine; they needed something they didn't even tell her to bring.

When I sat in the DMV waiting to get all of this taken care of, at least 50% of the people coming in were turned away because they didn't have enough ID.  They had all sorts of stuff, but it was about 75% of what they needed.  Even when I did get all of it done, I requested to register to vote when I got my DL, for which I provided all of the necessary info, and I was still told to send in a picture of my Passport to the county voting office.

Look, I'm all for responsible identification, but what they are doing is incredibly complex for 90% of the people out there.  It's almost designed frustrate people to the point of, "Eff it, I don't give a crap about voting."