Author Topic: meh, sucked to lose that one BUT..  (Read 2269 times)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
meh, sucked to lose that one BUT..
« on: September 19, 2014, 01:02:35 PM »
Snyder is building defenses like he had in the late 90s - early 2000s.  That is evident.  A lot of quality, young talent on the roster on that side of the ball.  And he has recruited well for the OL.

I'm extremely confident we'll have a tremendous defense and a very solid OL next year.  There is a lot to be happy about with the current position of this program.

We do need to plug in a few playmakers.  This will be a good season but the next two seasons might be even better.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: meh, sucked to lose that one BUT..
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 01:07:08 PM »
Two years max for bill, if that

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:08:59 PM »
We really need to all hope and pray that Hubener can take the kind of beatings that Klein can.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 01:09:29 PM »
Who is going to play QB next year, 'hatter?

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »
my early money would be a jc transfer we have yet to identify (meaning fan base, the staff probably knows of a few) and/or the JC transfer we had come in this year w/ 4 years of eligibility.  I really like him but he wasn't going to be in the depth chart this early.  I mean he just got here in the summer.

Outside shot possibility would be Delton.  But I would bet on him likely redshirting so he can get stronger and add some weight.  It is nice to know that he will be joining the program for Spring football as an early signee.

Just remember 2011.  We should have a much better offensive line than in 2011.  The QB could be a superior passer to Klein.  I think we might nab a big play receiver out of a juco in this class.  Remember guys like Davis and Judah Jones who have yet to see more time. 

Again, you build really outstanding teams around great defense and Olines.  I don't think Auburn will be as good offensively as they were last year yet they are far more dangerous at receiver and have a returning starter at QB...but we shut them down like nobody did last year.  Why?  There offensive line misses Kozan at LG, Robinson at LT, and, while not a OL, Prosch at FB.  Great teams are built around defense and OL play.
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

catzacker

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 01:34:17 PM »
Ya know, glossing over having a QB and playmakers for next year as though those things are like pennies in a change jar is pretty damn funny.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 01:36:03 PM »
Nothing beats a 'hatter post with an immediate retort from 'zacker. :lol: Yen and Yang

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
meh, sucked to lose that one BUT..
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 03:05:46 PM »
College football quarterback is probably the most important position in team sport in America, IMO.

Kansas State is the best example of this over the last 21 years.

I've watched LHC Bill Snyder fall on his face without one, when many other parts of the team were promising.

I have zero idea if Bill will fail again next year, and to Hatter's point fans don't know anything about QB prospects for next year.  As a result, I'd argue that none of us know if we'll fail next year or not.  Until I see a QB, I'll be guessing "fail," but I'll change that in a second with a good QB and a couple wide outs.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 03:07:43 PM »
Offensive skill positions are going to be a huge concern.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 03:22:57 PM »
Can you imagine if Sams was starting and we had him coming back for his senior season next year with our monster defense and awesome OLine?   :horrorsurprise:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 03:24:21 PM »
Can you imagine if Sams was starting and we had him coming back for his senior season next year with our monster defense and awesome OLine?

It would have been great.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 03:24:33 PM »
Can you imagine if Sams was starting and we had him coming back for his senior season next year with our monster defense and awesome OLine?

But he high steps and wasn't capable of checking us into ineffective plays like Jake Waters.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 03:24:38 PM »
no, it hurts too much

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 03:28:45 PM »
I mean even if Sams wouldn't have contributed that much on the field he would have at least brought immense Louisiana swagger into every play he was in rather than the aw shucks just happy to be here Iowa mentality.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 03:30:53 PM »
Ehhh, can't really recall an example unless it would be Ell's sophomore year. In Sproles' senior year, we had no QB or defense. Snyder's first two years back, there were a lot of holes everywhere.

College football quarterback is probably the most important position in team sport in America, IMO.

Kansas State is the best example of this over the last 21 years.

I've watched LHC Bill Snyder fall on his face without one, when many other parts of the team were promising.

I have zero idea if Bill will fail again next year, and to Hatter's point fans don't know anything about QB prospects for next year.  As a result, I'd argue that none of us know if we'll fail next year or not.  Until I see a QB, I'll be guessing "fail," but I'll change that in a second with a good QB and a couple wide outs.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 09:00:20 PM »
my guess is our o-line will suck next year

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 09:01:21 PM »
Can you imagine if Sams was starting and we had him coming back for his senior season next year with our monster defense and awesome OLine?   :horrorsurprise:

it makes the staff's decision to go waters over sams that much more baffling. i will give dimel a super mean look the next time i see him at rockabelly or wherever.

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 09:34:42 PM »
So we will lose every game next season but have an outstanding defense!

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 09:37:27 PM »
i'm surprised there isn't more outrage about our joke of an offense.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 09:47:46 PM »
What difference does having a good offensive line make if you have no skill position players than really exploit what they create?

I mean really, the "go to" guy for next year is going to be . . . Taylor Laird?   Let's hope he's the consumate DITR.

Criminal level of recruiting by this staff over the last five years.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 09:50:19 PM »
What difference does having a good offensive line make if you have no skill position players than really exploit what they create?

I mean really, the "go to" guy for next year is going to be . . . Taylor Laird?   Let's hope he's the consumate DITR.

Charles Jones looks promising  :dunno:

I thought the talent on the field showed well for recent recruiting. Talent wasn't the issue

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 09:50:28 PM »

we don't have a good offensive line

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 10:00:38 PM »

I thought the talent on the field showed well for recent recruiting. Talent wasn't the issue

So, Riddle me this Robin.   Why does the guy (who even after last night still averages nearly 5 yards a carry) only touch the ball 11 times last night?   

I guess we'll chalk it up to the eternal weirdness of Dimel-Miller-Snyder's land of the perpetual check at the line offense?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 10:30:19 PM »

So, Riddle me this Robin.   Why does the guy (who even after last night still averages nearly 5 yards a carry) only touch the ball 11 times last night?   

I guess we'll chalk it up to the eternal weirdness of Dimel-Miller-Snyder's land of the perpetual check at the line offense?

They tried to establish the run game in the first half with no success. It was better in the second but still not something you could rely on to move the chains. Throwing to Curry Sexton was pretty much their best shot at moving the chains.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 11:51:19 PM »
i'm surprised there isn't more outrage about our joke of an offense.

We knew it would happen. I had my meltdown last year when we chose Waters over Sams.