Author Topic: what a shitty f'ing offense  (Read 2788 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: what a shitty f'ing offense
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2014, 12:21:13 PM »
A Waters loving bud blamed Sexton for running a poor route on the almost td fade pass. I think my bud needs to stop slobbing Waters' knob.
Thoughts?

Gonna win 'em all!

I think your bud needs to be even more angry at the fact that Curry Sexton (great kid) was the "go to" guy last night.    At most school's Curry's covering a kick, or on a punt/kick-off receiving team for a couple of years at best.   At K-State he's the outlet for when Lockett is covered.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 12:39:18 PM »
A Waters loving bud blamed Sexton for running a poor route on the almost td fade pass. I think my bud needs to stop slobbing Waters' knob.
Thoughts?

Gonna win 'em all!

I think your bud needs to be even more angry at the fact that Curry Sexton (great kid) was the "go to" guy last night.    At most school's Curry's covering a kick, or on a punt/kick-off receiving team for a couple of years at best.   At K-State he's the outlet for when Lockett is covered.
Sexton did turn and look for the ball inside first but throwing fades to sub 6' possession receivers is far from ideal

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2014, 01:23:07 PM »
I thought Sexton should have looked to the outside. It looked to my like Jake was trying to throw Sexton to the sideline and not to the back corner, which given the coverage was the best read. JMHO.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2014, 01:45:34 PM »
I thought Sexton should have looked to the outside. It looked to my like Jake was trying to throw Sexton to the sideline and not to the back corner, which given the coverage was the best read. JMHO.
Well dammit! I like to make fun of my bud for saying stupid things in support of Waters, but I guess I'll have to wait for a different stupid comment. Glad I checked with gE first! For the time being its :Lips Sealed:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 03:19:55 PM »
The ending of that game was almost as gut wrenching as watching the Ochs family(Colorado branch) pop champagne in my living room afterwards

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »
Waters lack of speed/running ability really showed last night. Auburn's defense isn't great, but it's fast. Waters is far too slow for him to be effective against fast defenses. It also seemed that Waters doesn't really understand how to escape the pocket especially to his left. He has to be more accurate throwing it if we are going to have a chance against OU or Baylor. Given his history last year though, he's always going to be a fairly inaccurate passer.

catzacker

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2014, 11:22:54 AM »
ah, a jake waters overthrow. like a nice warm blanket.  sprinkled in with some pedestrian running from out backs.  the opening drive was all a ksu fan could ask for.