Author Topic: things you would ask Auburn fans if they could afford to make it to the game  (Read 23127 times)

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: things you would ask Auburn fans if they could afford to make it to the game
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2014, 08:56:23 AM »
We are getting dangerously close to this thread falling into the Pit.

:dunno:  yeah I dont get it..  I mean I understand this thread was opened all in fun, and my posts in here reflect that, but some of you KSU guys' inferiority complexes are REALLY starting to come out.  I mean, Ive always enjoyed travelling out and meeting other people at away games and going through their gameday experiences, as well as talking to visitors when they come, and so on, but it seems like yall would rather just circle jerk it all amongst yourselves.  oh well its getting to the point where Im not even going to feel bad in the least when Malzahn runs the score up in your own house.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: things you would ask Auburn fans if they could afford to make it to the game
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2014, 09:01:12 AM »
We are getting dangerously close to this thread falling into the Pit.

:dunno:  yeah I dont get it..  I mean I understand this thread was opened all in fun, and my posts in here reflect that, but some of you KSU guys' inferiority complexes are REALLY starting to come out.  I mean, Ive always enjoyed travelling out and meeting other people at away games and going through their gameday experiences, as well as talking to visitors when they come, and so on, but it seems like yall would rather just circle jerk it all amongst yourselves.  oh well its getting to the point where Im not even going to feel bad in the least when Malzahn runs the score up in your own house.

WELCOME BACK BEEMZY!!!!   :excited:

Offline autalkinghead

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2014, 09:16:34 AM »
Because Bubba was a minority

nailed it.

Are we that shallow?

I was surprise you understood such a politically correct way of saying it.  Does that answer your question?

Joking aside, the constant "racist" jabs do get tiresome. That crap happened a long time ago. Give it a rest already.

So racism has been eliminated in Alabama?

Yup, just as much as everywhere else in the world.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2014, 10:56:14 AM »
Why do auburn fans didn't have such an inferiority complex about being southern? 
Everyone in 'Cats land is happy, though it's hard not be when you're in the happiest of the happy places in the U-S-of-A!

Offline damonismyhero

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2014, 10:56:56 AM »
'Murica!

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2014, 11:03:31 AM »
Why do auburn fans didn't have such an inferiority complex about being southern? 
Everyone in 'Cats land is happy, though it's hard not be when you're in the happiest of the happy places in the U-S-of-A!

weak. that line was already used, on this same page even.  id have thought that living in KS, so far away from pretty much EVERYTHING, that you'd have a better imagination.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2014, 11:09:32 AM »

weak. that line was already used, on this same page even.  id have thought that living in KS, so far away from pretty much EVERYTHING, that you'd have a better imagination.
Despite this, I'm still happy?  Take some lessons from titletown and being from the south will no longer bring you down. You guys have a beach, that's cool. 

What other things do Alabama people derive happiness from?

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2014, 11:28:36 AM »
Lets talk next Friday.

Find a cheap route to MHK?  :driving: :drool:

Too bad the game is on Thursday, CHBud.   :gocho:

Offline CrushNasty

• Katpak'r
  • Future Shooter Jones W.C.
    • View Profile

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2014, 11:39:01 AM »

Despite this, I'm still happy?  Take some lessons from titletown and being from the south will no longer bring you down. You guys have a beach, that's cool. 

What other things do Alabama people derive happiness from?

better.  dont get me wrong now, its meh, but definitely an improvement.

hmm lessee, just a few for you...  world class golf, awesome red snapper season, I have a crap ton of hummingbirds out my window fighting up a storm right now as I type this, I see black squirrels and fox squirrels in my yard (not to mention the deer), fantastic rivers and lakes for my cuddy cabin boat, fantastic weather for awesome tailgating to the end of NCAAFB regular season.  On yeah tons of SECCG wins and 2 naational football championships for the Tigers.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2014, 12:01:18 PM »
A question for both AU and KSU fans...does anyone really care about academics? Let's not kid ourselves.

Only for the Auburn fans, why do you care so much about a tree on a corner?

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
A question for both AU and KSU fans...does anyone really care about academics? Let's not kid ourselves.

sure im good with academics.  grew up really poor so didnt go to AU proper, only went to AU/Montgomery for a year, then enlisted and later finished my degree when I lived in ATL.  Now enrolled in GATechs MSCS program.  Sure, education is cool.  Not nearly as fun as watching football though.

Surely you dont suggest updyke behavior is normal and proper do you?  They were 2 very old trees, kind of a historic setting, and something enjoyed by the population. What do you think of the idiots that destroyed those ancient stacked rock monuments in UT?  Is it "meh whats the big deal, they are just old rocks..."

Offline autalkinghead

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2014, 12:24:53 PM »

I only care because the value of my degree is kinda tied to it.

It's a living thing that we intended to kill slowly with toilet paper, not poisoned by the hands of a redneck. That should have been our kill.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2014, 12:39:55 PM »

sure im good with academics.  grew up really poor so didnt go to AU proper, only went to AU/Montgomery for a year, then enlisted and later finished my degree when I lived in ATL.  Now enrolled in GATechs MSCS program.  Sure, education is cool.  Not nearly as fun as watching football though.

Surely you dont suggest updyke behavior is normal and proper do you?  They were 2 very old trees, kind of a historic setting, and something enjoyed by the population. What do you think of the idiots that destroyed those ancient stacked rock monuments in UT?  Is it "meh whats the big deal, they are just old rocks..."

did you just confess to being a t-shirt fan?  :Wha:

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2014, 12:49:43 PM »

How did you afford this?

I lol'd

Same.  Good job, Wintz.  :Sword Fight:
Yep,was funny and this thread should have been locked at that point  :flush:

Just wondering Jabeez,how long ago did you have your stroke ?

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2014, 01:05:43 PM »

did you just confess to being a t-shirt fan?  :Wha:

I have no problem admitting you are a "better KSU fan" than I am an "AU fan" because you went to KSU.  How sad for those whose self-worth is tied to such a thing.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »
i'm mad at myself for even posting in this shithole, but have to remind everyone participating in it, just in case you lost your way, that this thread rough ridin' sucks

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline damonismyhero

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2014, 01:28:37 PM »

I only care because the value of my degree is kinda tied to it.

It's a living thing that we intended to kill slowly with toilet paper, not poisoned by the hands of a redneck. That should have been our kill.

I chortled

Offline CHB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2014, 01:30:30 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/GPA-SAT-ACT-Graphs/ss/auburn-university-admission-gpa-sat-act.htm

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/GPA-SAT-ACT-Graphs/ss/kansas-state-university-admissions-gpa-sat-act.htm

A big part of K-State's land grant mission from the inception of the university was to bring education to all of the people of Kansas.  The minimal admission standards for the first 150 years intentionally enabled individuals to be able to earn a college degree if they worked hard enough for it.  The first class in 1863 had 52 students:  26 men and 26 women.  Since this was in the midst of the Civil War, it was difficult for everyone to finish in four years, needless to say.  However, the first graduating class in 1867 was 2 men and 3 women.  Yep, women were the majority of the first graduating class at K-State.

The first male black graduate was in 1899.
The first female black graduate was in 1901.

I don't have the exact statistics and dates at my fingertips, but Kansas State was one of the few universities in America to admit blacks to the College of Veterinary Medicine. Until the Tuskegee School of Veterinary Medicine opened in the 1940's, K-State had graduated approximately 50% of the black veterinarians in the entire United States.  The history of the Tuskegee Vet school is rich with collaborations with and leadership of Kansas State graduates.

I have a feeling that many institutions with "higher standards" have a history filled with exclusions of females and minorities being denied admission simply because they weren't white males.

That is a great thing KSU has done in providing an opportunity to those that may otherwise not have been able to get. I think KSU is a great institution, I was responding  to multiple posts suggesting that all Alabamians and Auburn alum were stupid. 

Offline CHB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »
Lets talk next Friday.

Find a cheap route to MHK?  :driving: :drool:

Too bad the game is on Thursday, CHBud.   :gocho:

"Too bad the game is on Thursday, CHBud.   :gocho:"       Seriously Clark? I did not realize that.

Offline Michiganisstillgood

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2014, 02:50:44 PM »
Because Bubba was a minority

nailed it.

Are we that shallow?

I was surprise you understood such a politically correct way of saying it.  Does that answer your question?

Joking aside, the constant "racist" jabs do get tiresome. That crap happened a long time ago. Give it a rest already.

So racism has been eliminated in Alabama?

Yup, just as much as everywhere else in the world.

That's what I figured. So don't just say "That crap happened a long time ago." It happens now.

eff you and your high horse.

Great post, Tigers. Intellectual, to say the least. BTW, you do to your 'Bama horses what you want (I can only imagine) but we don't drug our horses here and get them to be "high" horses. Guess drugging them is the only way you can have your hideous ways with them down your way.

I have calmed down some. I guess what really ticks me off about this crap is that I personally knew three people who were shot because of their race in robberies in Memphis, in two different events. In both cases the victims were white and the perps were black. This was testified to by surviving black victims of the robberies.

Where is the outrage? Where is Jesse Jackson and Sharptown. Where was the media? Where was the US so-called Justice Department with their civil liberties and hate crimes charges?
Modern race baiting is bullshit, and I am tired of listen ting to the holier than thou crap on here. Fun is fun, but there is a point where it goes too far.

You seem like you're really bummed that you can't lynch black people without repercussions, anymore.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2014, 03:02:14 PM »
Sunflowersue is probably an excellent vet.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2014, 03:20:22 PM »
Oh; I forgot something last night on the subject of the importance of high admission standards.  The more open standards haven't held K-State back in the area of scholarship and honors:

TOP SCHOLAR RANKINGS
 1986-2013
Public colleges and universities
state-supported schools

• Kansas State University is the only state-supported university since 1986
to rank among the Top 10 of all U.S. schools for the combined total number of
scholars in Rhodes, Marshall, Truman, Goldwater and Udall competitions.
• Among all 500 state universities, K-State ranks first nationally in Truman and
Goldwater and fourth in Udall scholarship competition since each foundation
began awarding scholarships. K-State ties for second in Rhodes and ties for
fourth in Marshall competition since 1986.
• Among all of the 2,000 four-year colleges and universities in America -- 500
public; 1,500 private -- K-State is fourth nationally in the number of Goldwater
scholarships awarded, ranks seventh in Truman and Udall competitions.
• The Truman Foundation recognized K-State in 1996 as a Truman Scholarship
Honor Institution, the first time the Foundation singled out universities for their
achievements in Truman competition. At that time, only 17 schools were chosen
from the 454 colleges and universities which have produced Truman scholars

Source:  http://www.k-state.edu/media/achievements/scholarstop10of5pub.pdf

Hey Auburn fans, where do you guys rank in the top scholar rankings? Pretty high I'm sure, with such high admission standards. Don't be modest, let's hear some bragging.

Offline sunflowersue

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2014, 04:49:44 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/GPA-SAT-ACT-Graphs/ss/auburn-university-admission-gpa-sat-act.htm

http://collegeapps.about.com/od/GPA-SAT-ACT-Graphs/ss/kansas-state-university-admissions-gpa-sat-act.htm

A big part of K-State's land grant mission from the inception of the university was to bring education to all of the people of Kansas.  The minimal admission standards for the first 150 years intentionally enabled individuals to be able to earn a college degree if they worked hard enough for it.  The first class in 1863 had 52 students:  26 men and 26 women.  Since this was in the midst of the Civil War, it was difficult for everyone to finish in four years, needless to say.  However, the first graduating class in 1867 was 2 men and 3 women.  Yep, women were the majority of the first graduating class at K-State.

The first male black graduate was in 1899.
The first female black graduate was in 1901.

I don't have the exact statistics and dates at my fingertips, but Kansas State was one of the few universities in America to admit blacks to the College of Veterinary Medicine. Until the Tuskegee School of Veterinary Medicine opened in the 1940's, K-State had graduated approximately 50% of the black veterinarians in the entire United States.  The history of the Tuskegee Vet school is rich with collaborations with and leadership of Kansas State graduates.

I have a feeling that many institutions with "higher standards" have a history filled with exclusions of females and minorities being denied admission simply because they weren't white males.

That is a great thing KSU has done in providing an opportunity to those that may otherwise not have been able to get. I think KSU is a great institution, I was responding  to multiple posts suggesting that all Alabamians and Auburn alum were stupid.

I never took your previous remarks to be directed to me, so no sweat.  I think it's silly to paint all fans of a different school or all residents of a state as stupid, but I realize that lots of folks fall back on hyperbole. 

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »
Are these AL plains Aggies serious?  Or is the joke on me? I'm confused.