Author Topic: Defensive Help  (Read 5411 times)

Offline Stat_Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Defensive Help
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »
For as vanilla as it was I wouldn't look to much into anything.  These games have always been about getting them used to buying into the system and seeing that it works.  For all we know it was a great scheme, "Mueller, don't dominate them, let the rest of the d-line get used to getting off blocks", linebackers, stay in the same D, no blitzing, checking keep it vanilla until you can do the basics etc etc...  Just what I saw, keeping it simple, not exposing anything (not that we really change much up anyway), but getting ourselves better so not to make mistakes in a few weeks.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 10:12:37 PM »
SFA had 80 yards on 3 carries (2 were QB scrambles) and -11 on the other 18 attempts. :o

I don't think they really threw for crap against the 1's, but don't really remember.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 10:50:58 PM »
Do we have anyone behind Morgan Burns who could step up? Perhaps Prewitt? Burns got burnt deep several times during SFA. He has a problem not turning around to find the ball when its in the air and that will be a huge problem in BIG12 play.

Burns is our best corner, dumbstick

well, he sucks so...

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 10:52:15 PM »
Do we have anyone behind Morgan Burns who could step up? Perhaps Prewitt? Burns got burnt deep several times during SFA. He has a problem not turning around to find the ball when its in the air and that will be a huge problem in BIG12 play.

Burns is our best corner, dumbstick

well, he sucks so...

And you blow, so that's why it's so goddamn windy in kansas!!! 
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 10:52:28 PM »
Don't think there is much to worry about. This game will be the worst game we have scouted. Thought the corners (Burns, McDaniel and Jackson) all looked really talented. Our front fours as appears to be really talented. I do want to see Dakorey Johnson and Travis Green start soon. Was really impressed with Green in open space.

Offline BRULL

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »
Welp.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 04:27:20 PM »
I think the whole these players will work themselves into shape and be ready for Auburn/conference was always a fan's dream scenario and based on little historical/tangible evidence. Hopefully I'm wrong. Would love to see more of Dakorey Johnson, Travis Green and Prewett on D as well.
Unfortunately, yes, but I would like at least 1 of them to make an impact, all have big potential and we are going to need a lot of athleticism to contain auburn, which it appears we currently don't have.  Agree on those players seeing the field more as well.

:thumbs: