Author Topic: Did they have a roundtable brain storm . . .  (Read 5762 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Did they have a roundtable brain storm . . .
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2014, 10:27:53 PM »
:lol:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2014, 10:30:41 PM »

The media is overtly left bias. I think 7 is saying there's no reason to constantly bring it up. Like there's no reason to remind everyone that labor unions don't give a crap about the people they force to be in their union, it goes without saying.

Can you help me ferret out the economic underpinnings of the media's left-leaning proclivities?  These media companies are out to maximize profits, and as such are subject to the same market forces as any company in a capitalist society.

As with most left leaning institutions,  they continually under pay their untalented and unintelligent workforce, but reward them with light hours, no expectations and repeatedly tell them how smart they are and that they deserve more. If anything the economics have crushed the industry,  leaving only a few corpojuggernaughts who make their money elsewhere. Fox is crushing them $$ wise

Is there any debating that the public is now more misinformed than they've been since the FDR admin?

If Fox News is crushing them with a different business model, then why hasn't a preponderance of companies replicated the Fox model?

Why doesn't Pepsi taste more like coke?

But the soda market isn't radically Pepsi-leaning

No, it's radically coke leaning. But you can still get an rc cola if you look for one.

I would venture a guess that fewer people (% wise) get their news and information from a so-called "msm" outlet than ever, probably on a dramatically increasing basis. If that doesn't satisfy your "free markets" smell test, I don't know what will.

FYI, I'm not leading you into a trap. I'm wondering what inferences we may be able to make by considering our media constitution.

Okay. Infer away.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2014, 10:31:19 PM »
The lawsuit isn’t the only time the administration is coming under fire for transparency issues. Just this last weekend, James Risen, The New York Times reporter facing potential jail time for refusing to name his source, called the president the “greatest enemy of press freedom in a generation,” in Maureen Dowd’s Sunday column.

I must say that's startling, when the NYT's is getting pi$$ed you know things are bad.   I somewhat slightly rescind .008% of what I said about the NYT leaning left.   It only took them half a decade to catch on, but they're slowly catching on.

But hey, that's just some kind of bullshit tired political discussion that seven really hates (seven the polibot head explodes)

http://news.yahoo.com/group-sues-obama-over-access-091500146.html

Seven thinks this reality is just a bunch of, dare I say . . . bullshit politics (that everyone is tired of). 

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »
The media is overtly left bias. I think 7 is saying there's no reason to constantly bring it up. Like there's no reason to remind everyone that labor unions don't give a crap about the people they force to be in their union, it goes without saying.

Can you help me ferret out the economic underpinnings of the media's left-leaning proclivities?  These media companies are out to maximize profits, and as such are subject to the same market forces as any company in a capitalist society.

The news is a very small part of the huge companies that own the networks. I don't think spending a few million a year is an issue as long as they push the agenda and make the administration happy. Having a generous king on your side is very beneficial for business.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2014, 11:42:53 PM »

The news is a very small part of the huge companies that own the networks. I don't think spending a few million a year is an issue as long as they push the agenda and make the administration happy. Having a generous king on your side is very beneficial for business.

But corporations vote for neocons  :runaway:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2014, 07:46:54 AM »
Bullshit Politics Said:

But corporations vote for neocons