Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 233275 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2014, 12:42:54 AM »
Comparing this shooting to that of Treyvon Martin is an emotional reaction that doesn't seem to be based in fact and is somewhat ironic considering the weight of the evidence in the TM case pointed to a justifiable shooting, whereas the initial facts here do not.

And, while I'll repeat that the initial facts do not support this shooting, can we please drop the "blacks are being hunted in the streets" bullshit? This started with the guy attacking the cop. That alone doesn't justify the shooting but let's not pretend that he didn't put himself in a bad situation (hey, on that point, it is a good comparison to TM). Pro tip - black or white, don't pick fights, especially with cops.

Finally, as others have noted , it's not fair to equate the looters with the ones seeking justice. The looters are opportunistic animals who probably don't give a crap about this shooting.

Do you ever call white people who do foolish things "animals"?

Did you just make the assumption that all the looters here were black or otherwise non-white? I have no idea what the racial composition was, and I use the term animal without respect to race. The label fits the conduct. Stop tossing around accusations of racism.

So the answer is no?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2014, 12:43:07 AM »
Comparing this shooting to that of Treyvon Martin is an emotional reaction that doesn't seem to be based in fact and is somewhat ironic considering the weight of the evidence in the TM case pointed to a justifiable shooting, whereas the initial facts here do not.

And, while I'll repeat that the initial facts do not support this shooting, can we please drop the "blacks are being hunted in the streets" bullshit? This started with the guy attacking the cop. That alone doesn't justify the shooting but let's not pretend that he didn't put himself in a bad situation (hey, on that point, it is a good comparison to TM). Pro tip - black or white, don't pick fights, especially with cops.

Finally, as others have noted , it's not fair to equate the looters with the ones seeking justice. The looters are opportunistic animals who probably don't give a crap about this shooting.

I get (and agree with) your point, but would you call a white majority riot of similar scale just" foolish"?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2014, 12:44:06 AM »

Did you just make the assumption that all the looters here were black or otherwise non-white? I have no idea what the racial composition was, and I use the term animal without respect to race. The label fits the conduct. Stop tossing around accusations of racism.

:lol:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2014, 12:45:37 AM »

I get (and agree with) your point, but would you call a white majority riot of similar scale just" foolish"?

Probably. I think a good comparison would be Occupy Oakland protesters that got out of hand. I may call them knuckleheads instead.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2014, 12:50:43 AM »

Oof

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2014, 12:50:58 AM »
We have different thresholds then. Breaking a bramledge sink is foolish, large scale rioting and burning businesses goes beyond foolish (imho)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2014, 12:52:37 AM »

So the answer is no?

No, the answer is that you automatically assumed that the looters are 100% black, which seems pretty raaaacist if you ask me. Also lol at describing the looting as "foolish." Not that I can prove it or that you'd believe me, but I've previously referred to George Tiller as a monster and an animal - the same as Gosnell - and I've used the same terminology for that white murderer who raped and buried alive the little girl in Florida while clutching her pink elephant. But good job on the race baiting - you've really advanced the narrative.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2014, 12:54:36 AM »
We have different thresholds then. Breaking a bramledge sink is foolish, large scale rioting and burning businesses goes beyond foolish (imho)

That's fair. Idiotic good enough?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2014, 12:55:19 AM »
Did you add 4 A's so that it would sound like the black kid watermelon "dats waycist" gif if it were to have sound?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2014, 12:55:34 AM »

So the answer is no?

No, the answer is that you automatically assumed that the looters are 100% black, which seems pretty raaaacist if you ask me.

:lol:

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2014, 12:56:09 AM »

Yes, pretty idiotic

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2014, 12:57:15 AM »

So the answer is no?

No, the answer is that you automatically assumed that the looters are 100% black, which seems pretty raaaacist if you ask me. Also lol at describing the looting as "foolish." Not that I can prove it or that you'd believe me, but I've previously referred to George Tiller as a monster and an animal - the same as Gosnell - and I've used the same terminology for that white murderer who raped and buried alive the little girl in Florida while clutching her pink elephant. But good job on the race baiting - you've really advanced the narrative.

So the rioters are as bad as child murderer/rapists in your mind?

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2014, 12:57:43 AM »

Yes, pretty idiotic

for the last time guys, the sink wasn't broken intentionally.

it was an accident  :curse:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2014, 12:59:14 AM »
Did you add 4 A's so that it would sound like the black kid watermelon "dats waycist" gif if it were to have sound?

Doesn't have an elongated a tho

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2014, 12:59:21 AM »

Yes, pretty idiotic

You're an animal

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2014, 01:00:22 AM »

Yes, pretty idiotic

What an idiot

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2014, 01:07:46 AM »
Do the majority of the looters live in the neighborhood they're looting?  Very dumb if so.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2014, 01:09:17 AM »

Yes, pretty idiotic

What an idiot

for the record i was only a witness to it. a good 15 feet, okay maybe 10, from the scene of the accident
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2014, 02:18:08 AM »
It's pretty interesting to see how comfortable some people are with making judgements on events rooted in feelings they could never understand. Whereas a little self-awareness would help you understand how you kinda sound like an bad person. Unless you are a robot or something. Beep boop.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2014, 08:03:19 AM »
It sure didn't take long for some to make excuses as to why this kid was shot.
"Saint Louis area cop from police department with a documented history of racism shoots and kills unarmed black teen."
"Well I heard that the so called teen was a really big man and someone said he was standing in the way of the cop car trying to go somewhere?"
"Well couldn't the cop have used a tazer or pepper spray or something?"
"Didn't you hear me say he was a big black man, what if the tazer didn't work, what if he had a gun? The officer couldn't risk any of that, that boy was dangerous. Oh did I mention they are looting now, they never learn."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2014, 08:28:04 AM »

This shooting was more justified than the Martin shooting.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2014, 08:47:29 AM »
I am so hurt for Michael Brown's parents, but I'm done being outraged over black men being hunted in the streets. We don't value black lives the way we do others, that's fact.
Fact?  Who is "we"?  I think there's a lot of people that are outraged by the murder.

Fact.

We is everyone, the western world as a collective. Black people too, we shoot each other like rough ridin' pop cans on a post because a black life doesn't have equal value.  This has nothing to do with outrage. If I posted a video on YouTube of me shooting a baby raccoon there would be plenty of outrage.

was just about to post something similar to this.  it sounds simplistic, but the problem needs to be addressed between blacks themselves before "white america" will correct itself.

This is nowhere close my point, like way way way off. There isn't a damn thing black people can do to make white people do anything they don't want to do. Black men are like 8% of the population of the western world, we don't set societal rules. I've spent most of my life in Western Kansas, Northern New England, and Central Iowa; most people I come across have most of their interactions with black people with black men like me, that doesn't stop some (most?) of them thinking all black people are thuggish, rapey, gang bangers.

Most white girls and women are raped by white men, we don't look at white men as rapey, nor should we.

i don't think i was very clear.  i was agreeing that society as a whole, including black society does not value a black life, particularly a young black life.  black youths are something like %400 more likely to be the victim of a homicide than other races.  you don't think that if young black kids stopped (or slowed down) on killing each other, that maybe the whole "thuggy gangbanger" stereotype might die down too?  it's obviously more complicated than that, but if islamic fundamentalists would stop stoning people and cutting heads off and crap, the world might not view arabs as savages.

to your second point, maybe not rapey, but men, and white men in particular are judged very quickly as being pedophiles.  males are running away from elementary (and secondary) teaching for fear of being judged as a pedophile.  i imagine in your line of work you've felt some of the same pressure.

Seven, most black men haven't murdered anyone or don't even own guns. Most Muslims aren't terrorists or would even think about committing an act of terror. People color have to commit no crimes to not be thought of criminals?

most male teachers have never molested a kid.  i'm not sure what your point is here.  i think you're confusing my personal opinion of people of color when we were both talking about society as a whole?  you said it yourself, black people shoot at each other like popcans on a post.  weird that you didn't feel the need to qualify your own statement with (but not most black people), but my statements need talking down to.  the thug stereotype exists for a reason, however unfair you may feel that is.  throwing your hands up and saying "well we don't make the rules!" is a cop out.  obviously this problem (the value of black life in america) is not solely on the shoulders of black people, but i don't know how you can get white america to care (qualifier just for mir, lots of white people do care) until black america starts to first (qualifier just for mir, lots of black people do care).

You have to stop having conversations and reading things into the replies, can you read what I'm saying without making inferences? None of my posts take your personal thoughts or feelings into account. You stated a widely held belief that people of color have some control over how they are widely viewed and I simply countered that point by stating that most black people don't fit the image that society have given us. No there is nothing black people can do to solve this. Fear of black people didn't start in the 1980's LA, the fear of black men goes back to the freeing of slaves, crips and bloods didn't exist then.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2014, 08:49:23 AM »
It sure didn't take long for some to make excuses as to why this kid was shot.
"Saint Louis area cop from police department with a documented history of racism shoots and kills unarmed black teen."
"Well I heard that the so called teen was a really big man and someone said he was standing in the way of the cop car trying to go somewhere?"
"Well couldn't the cop have used a tazer or pepper spray or something?"
"Didn't you hear me say he was a big black man, what if the tazer didn't work, what if he had a gun? The officer couldn't risk any of that, that boy was dangerous. Oh did I mention they are looting now, they never learn."

I didn't make any of those excuses and, in fact, said that the initial facts do not justify the shooting. I simply pointed out that some (including you, apparently) are ignoring the fact that the guy put himself in a very bad situation by attacking a cop.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2014, 08:53:47 AM »

So the answer is no?

So the rioters are as bad as child murderer/rapists in your mind?

From a pure evil standpoint, of course not. From a breakdown of society standpoint, absolutely. These looters have abandoned the restraints we impose upon ourselves to have a civilized society in favor of their baser slash/burn/steal animal impulses. Which is why I call them animals. Because they are, or they're at least behaving that way while looting.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2014, 08:57:38 AM »
It's pretty interesting to see how comfortable some people are with making judgements on events rooted in feelings they could never understand. Whereas a little self-awareness would help you understand how you kinda sound like an bad person. Unless you are a robot or something. Beep boop.

Beep boop. Claiming that the looting is an emotional reaction to the shooting is pretty stupid in my opinion. Beep boop.