Author Topic: Are we talking about this?  (Read 14800 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Are we talking about this?
« on: August 07, 2014, 10:18:54 AM »
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/24651173/k-states-snyder-rips-college-athletics-says-schools-have-sold-out?v=1&vc=1

Or are we just used to Bill being Bill?

I mean Bill, come on, love ya.   But I've read your contracts, and if you really don't want the money, club memberships, courtesy cars, expense accounts, annual trips to Mayo for a physical, Final Four Tickets etc. etc. than don't ask for them or take them.   Oh, and don't set your kids and grandkids up with six figure jobs for life (while lobbying for them to be the head guy) and full ride scholarships.

I know you give big donations, which is cool . . . but they're also known as a tax deduction, important for someone with a total compensation package worth over $3 million a year. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Are we talking about this?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:22:03 AM »
According to the Associated Press, the 74-year-old Snyder said, "We're all about dollars and cents."

He said "we" not "they" so I don't see what the problem is

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 10:24:53 AM »
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/24651173/k-states-snyder-rips-college-athletics-says-schools-have-sold-out?v=1&vc=1

Or are we just used to Bill being Bill?

I mean Bill, come on, love ya.   But I've read your contracts, and if you really don't want the money, club memberships, courtesy cars, expense accounts, annual trips to Mayo for a physical, Final Four Tickets etc. etc. than don't ask for them or take them.   Oh, and don't set your kids and grandkids up with six figure jobs for life (while lobbying for them to be the head guy) and full ride scholarships.

I know you give big donations, which is cool . . . but they're also known as a tax deduction, important for someone with a total compensation package worth over $3 million a year.

I think Bill is saying he'd rather someone give that $3 million to the library.

However, I think he's also cognizant that it's the reality, so you have to pay to play.  He just doesn't like it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 10:26:10 AM »
According to the Associated Press, the 74-year-old Snyder said, "We're all about dollars and cents."

According to Bill there is a problem, he's part of it, but apparently not going to change any of his ways to fix it.

Sorry Pan . . . the grudgingly take the $233K a month (or thereabouts) shtick don't hunt.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 10:29:11 AM »
just bill being bill IMO.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 10:30:13 AM »
Didn't JoePa have a relatively low salary?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 10:30:54 AM »

According to Bill there is a problem, he's part of it, but apparently not going to change any of his ways to fix it.

Sorry Pan . . . the grudgingly take the $233K a month (or thereabouts) shtick don't hunt.

I didn't say there wasn't a hint of hypocrisy in there.

It's like, "Hey, I didn't ask to make this much, but I'm not going to say no."

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 10:33:43 AM »
he wants to level the playing field for little ol' ksu. who cares if he's a hypocrite in this instance.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 10:34:24 AM »
Yeah he takes a big salary but he's pretty resistant to change in college football that is money driven:

1. Conference realignment
2. Facility upgrades
3. Uniform Upgrades
4. Non traditional gamedays

He could ask for, and get, much more money. Honestly I don't see the amount of hypocrisy that dax is implying. I'm no believer that Snyder is the saint many in our fanbase wish he was, but I do think he's credible enough to say what he did.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 10:37:10 AM »
he wants to level the playing field for little ol' ksu. who cares if he's a hypocrite in this instance.

But I don't really subscribe to the "little ol' ksu" bit.   Are we Texas, Alabama, or Ohio State.  No.   But we're part of the haves, as is pretty much every other major conference school these days. 

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 10:39:56 AM »
Yeah he takes a big salary but he's pretty resistant to change in college football that is money driven:

2. Facility upgrades
3. Uniform Upgrades

He could ask for, and get, much more money. Honestly I don't see the amount of hypocrisy that dax is implying. I'm no believer that Snyder is the saint many in our fanbase wish he was, but I do think he's credible enough to say what he did.

I agree with all but #3 there. Not playing MU/NU/CU, leaving his office during the upcoming offseason, and 2 Thursday games this year are really bothersome for LHCBS.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 10:42:39 AM »
TC he hates uniform upgrades more than I hate Ned Yost

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 10:44:42 AM »
shots fired @Currie

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 10:45:12 AM »

2. Facility upgrades
3. Uniform Upgrades

What amount of hypocrisy do I see?  (Think of the funny like a clown, funny ha ha scene from Good Fellas)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 10:45:34 AM »
There is a cancer that is me; I hope someone finds a cure for me.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 10:48:37 AM »

But I don't really subscribe to the "little ol' ksu" bit.   Are we Texas, Alabama, or Ohio State.  No.   But we're part of the haves, as is pretty much every other major conference school these days.
he needs to beat those schools for his championship and taking away this advantage would help. he also sorta believes what he is saying even if he doesn't practice it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 10:49:23 AM »

he needs to beat those schools for his championship and taking away this advantage would help. he also sorta believes what he is saying even if he doesn't practice it.

So the old sly dog routine?

Nice thought Bubbles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 10:52:52 AM »
Also, don't get me started on the whole Taj Mahal and leaving the office deal. 

Had Bill been more flexible and left his office and let what needed to really be done, be done.   He wouldn't need to leave his office after this football season.   He is almost completely responsible for the fact that Vanier is a nice but very inefficient football facility and thus now needs to be completely replaced.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 10:57:37 AM »

2. Facility upgrades
3. Uniform Upgrades

The dude took the HC job making $80K a year. This isn't the first time he's brought this up. I also posted about this in the other thread yesterday. He's old school and you're not going to change his ways now. He has adapted his 2nd go around however.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 10:57:55 AM »

Had Bill been more flexible and left his office and let what needed to really be done, be done.   He wouldn't need to leave his office after this football season.   He is almost completely responsible for the fact that Vanier is a nice but very inefficient football facility and thus now needs to be completely replaced.

We'd be Alabama right now if it wasn't for Bill!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 10:58:18 AM »
Elder Gentleman Upset That World Has Moved On From The Good Old Days

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 11:00:50 AM »

Yeah if it wasn't for Bill we'd finally have all the nice things. So sick of that old grandpa holding us back!

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 11:07:05 AM »
TC he hates uniform upgrades more than I hate Ned Yost

Seems like a very weird thing to hate. Also, he's obviously winning this battle if that is the case.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 11:30:37 AM »
My first thought is that he's saying this now because he's getting ready to retire.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 12:14:18 PM »
My first thought is that he's saying this now because he's getting ready to retire.

Snyder may be getting ready to retire from coaching, but I'm betting he will figure out some way to continue cashing large checks from K-State.