Author Topic: Fall Practice and Panda X Thread  (Read 128564 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Practice
« Reply #475 on: August 12, 2014, 10:01:31 PM »
I feel like it's long over due for a mod to tell these asswipes to stfu.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline DKmode50

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 12, 2014, 10:19:02 PM »
MakeitRains comment about the player being concerned about their draft  because of different offense has my curiosity piqued but also i'm a little confused and annoyed:

Offenses playbooks will  have impact the most on RBs,QBs,WRs,Oline,TE......in regards to draftability ..in my opinion. Now let's dissect this a little.

Who of our players that has a legitimate chance at the NFL would have reason for concern that the shift in offense would effect their draft stock.

I'm just going to throw out RB's because we don't have any NFL talent ( not really arguable) at this position. So i can't see how that's a major concern for any of them...unless they have very inflated egos and think they are NFL studs even though they've never started a game.
op
 QB's....Waters certainly would have concern, but he came here under the guise of a run/pass option offense and he knew it coming in,,,if he's getting to throw more that should thrill him...so that excludes him
 WR's....again...getting thrown to more should be very likeable for WRs....so this position is eliminated
 TE's....again....more passes...more potential touches for you

So that leaves Oline,,,, and this is where i get annoyed and confused. The NFL drafts Olineman on intangibles and athleticism not necessarily on what type of offense you are running in college,,,so that shouldn't concern you. Regardless on whether or not you have played in a pass happy or run happy offense in college, if you have the right size, speed and athleticism...NFL scouts are going to like you quite a bit. So you are kind of an idiot if you think a shift in offensive philosophies is going to dramatically impact your draft stock....

More importantly you should probably take comfort in the fact that Snyder has pumped out a ton of NFL talent, he knows how to develop it, take solace in the fact you are in good hands.

But last thought,,,,if said mystery player and family are concerned more about themselves and self interests than the upcoming season .....THAT's more concerning to me than anything.

2 posts and already 19 ellipses.  Intrigued to see if he can keep up this pace.

....... lol. ;) yeah i know. I even annoy myself with them. It's just a  bad 'tick' i have when typing.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 12, 2014, 10:19:26 PM »
I feel like it's long over due for a mod to tell these asswipes to stfu.
Amen, bruther!  :thumbs:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 13, 2014, 01:09:30 AM »
Sonofabitches!  :shakesfist:

Offline the_ugly_clown

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 13, 2014, 08:16:57 AM »
Are the players hydrating well???

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2014, 09:23:57 AM »
Are the players hydrating well???

Word out of Vanier is that they are not. They're also eating butter straight out of the packets.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »
well now with franklyfrankyou's little tidbit about someone on the offense being concerned that the offense philosophy will damage their draft stock, let's start speculating who that is. because I honestly couldn't think of anyone that it would hurt.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2014, 10:17:04 AM »

well now with franklyfrankyou's little tidbit about someone on the offense being concerned that the offense philosophy will damage their draft stock, let's start speculating who that is. because I honestly couldn't think of anyone that it would hurt.

Gronk

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2014, 10:25:47 AM »

Gronk

nope. a more wide open, passing offense plays well to gronk. he's certainly not an every down RB and he is a master of the pop pass over defense to the fullback out of the backfield.

the only group I could see that would think a more pass oriented offense would hurt their draft stock would be the OL. but even then, I would disagree. NFL is a passing league etc...

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2014, 10:30:56 AM »
Whitehair having to be a serviceable LT because they don't trust anyone else there instead of a dominant OG?

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 13, 2014, 10:31:56 AM »
Whitehair having to be a serviceable LT because they don't trust anyone else there instead of a dominant OG?

LT far and away highest paid OL position. Nope.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 13, 2014, 10:36:08 AM »

Robinson was a 4* he might think this year was going to be his year to stay healthy and impress NFL scouts.  :dunno:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 13, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 13, 2014, 11:02:48 AM »

Robinson was a 4* he might think this year was going to be his year to stay healthy and impress NFL scouts.  :dunno:

Yeah, that could be about the only one. Pretty misguided if that were the case, though.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 13, 2014, 11:06:23 AM »

Yeah, that could be about the only one. Pretty misguided if that were the case, though.

Yeah, you can come to K-State as a running back and barely play and yet still get drafted.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 13, 2014, 11:06:35 AM »

"These guys are all delusional" Quote from former D-I football player.  Robert Rose was pretty sure he was going pro last year.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #491 on: August 13, 2014, 12:03:46 PM »

Yeah, you can come to K-State as a running back and barely play and yet still get drafted.

William Powell.

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #492 on: August 13, 2014, 12:33:20 PM »
Ok, once. But no way could something like that have happened twice. Not a chance.

:Wha:

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 13, 2014, 01:39:31 PM »

Gronk

nope. a more wide open, passing offense plays well to gronk. he's certainly not an every down RB and he is a master of the pop pass over defense to the fullback out of the backfield.

the only group I could see that would think a more pass oriented offense would hurt their draft stock would be the OL. but even then, I would disagree. NFL is a passing league etc...

The pop over pass is part of our qb run package.  That won't work in a wide-open spread offense.  I have a feeling we will throw more at start of year to keep waters healthy.  If it gets to November and we have a shot at hardware, we will start running waters more, which means the pop pass opens up.

In any event, if Gronk thinks his status is helped/hurt by the frequency with which we run that badass play, he is dead wrong.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 13, 2014, 01:43:52 PM »

William Powell.
Bryce Brown.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline jwcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 13, 2014, 01:48:29 PM »
Thomas Clayton.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 13, 2014, 01:49:52 PM »
he was being sarcastic guys sheesh

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 13, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
William Powell never got drafted FWIW.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 13, 2014, 01:51:30 PM »

Here is a brief recap of what Yelee said before his untimely demise.

Kyle Klein changed positions again and is now working out at LT,  Dividends have already been seen in goal line situations.

Caleb Prewett is on a one man crusade to get Warmack a starting position by blowing up other running backs in practice.

Clinkscales lost his footing in a match up with an offensive guard recently and got "embarrassed."  Offensive guard was seen on the Supermoon Sunday night trying to extract himself from the moon's surface.  Geary took notes is perfecting his moon rush too.

Nate Jackson was said to have mystified Lockett with some new jeopardy questions in team meeting after one recent practice.  Lockett in turn recruited uber smart Tanking and Geary to his team to vanquish Jackson's upstarts.  However, Jackson is not giving in so easily and became a defensive player to be accounted for.

Yelee admitted that he was. in fact, Sean Snyder and  that he was just jacking around with his dad when he made the post.  He is sorry but realizes it may be another 25 years before he gets considered for  the heading coaching spot.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 13, 2014, 02:06:37 PM »

William Powell.

Got on the field as a KR. He was a stud tho. Really wish we would have utilized him more.