Author Topic: Fall Practice and Panda X Thread  (Read 128579 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Practice
« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2014, 04:53:54 AM »

Here's thing with Schallenberg. So I really don't know how to properly evaluate football players, the deal is 95% of you fuckheads can't either. So this kid comes in cold and makes a poor play against a very good team and idiots like MixBerryCrunch, WildcatNation, and PowercatPat all of a sudden become scouts for the 2009 New England Patriots. Never mind that they likely don't know what defense we were in or what assignments the secondary had.

I guess what I'm trying to say is shut the eff up, you idiots don't even know what the hell you're looking at.
This isn't peewee football folks.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 12, 2014, 07:06:18 AM »
Here's thing with Schallenberg. So I really don't know how to properly evaluate football players, the deal is 95% of you fuckheads can't either. So this kid comes in cold and makes a poor play against a very good team and idiots like MixBerryCrunch, WildcatNation, and PowercatPat all of a sudden become scouts for the 2009 New England Patriots. Never mind that they likely don't know what defense we were in or what assignments the secondary had.

I guess what I'm trying to say is shut the eff up, you idiots don't even know what the hell you're looking at.

Looks like Schellenberg and I had a lot in common then.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 12, 2014, 07:43:08 AM »

Oh wow, the resident egotist spoke and expects everyone to bow to his self-perceived genius again. Shocking. Go pretend to be a spectacular human somewhere else.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 12, 2014, 08:20:36 AM »
i agree that we're going to throw the ball a lot this year.  2007 freemaw 499 attempts?  prob not.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline millertime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 12, 2014, 09:10:54 AM »
To be fair, the team that made Shellenberg look bad also torched the Alabama D in the Sugar Bowl.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 12, 2014, 09:13:54 AM »
A lot of assaholic behavior in this thread.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 12, 2014, 09:18:04 AM »
A lot of assaholic behavior in this thread.
They are showing why they are bottom-tier posters.  Football season brings them out.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 12, 2014, 11:01:22 AM »
I just wish this sorry ass staff would quit trotting out inferior talent because of whatever vendetta they have against all the more talented players.   We need a staff that will put the best players on the field, regardless.

regardless of what? ...if they know what they're doing?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #408 on: August 12, 2014, 11:03:06 AM »
To be fair, the team that made Shellenberg look bad also torched the Alabama D in the Sugar Bowl.

I think the play everyone remembers was the one where he got juked out of his shorts by Knight (or one of the RB's, I can't remember).

But he had a really solid, if not good, game against KU, and they had a legit running game.

I have no problem starting him if that's what it comes to.  It's pretty clear that I value 5th year senior experience.

It's not like the kid is some super-scrub.  He was 2nd Team All-Jayhawk at Butler before coming in here, redshirting, and then getting solid PT behind Zimm.

Anyway, worst-case scenario, he's a capable backup that has big time game reps.  Best case, he's a capable starter surrounded by really good secondary players around him.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 12, 2014, 11:28:10 AM »

I think the play everyone remembers was the one where he got juked out of his shorts by Knight (or one of the RB's, I can't remember).

But he had a really solid, if not good, game against KU, and they had a legit running game.

I have no problem starting him if that's what it comes to.  It's pretty clear that I value 5th year senior experience.

It's not like the kid is some super-scrub.  He was 2nd Team All-Jayhawk at Butler before coming in here, redshirting, and then getting solid PT behind Zimm.

Anyway, worst-case scenario, he's a capable backup that has big time game reps.  Best case, he's a capable starter surrounded by really good secondary players around him.

I think we have very similar end views Panj, just differences in how we get there. If Prewett ends up not being as solid in LHCBS's eyes as I see him, then by all means trust in Bill and start Shell; Same theory goes for Derricott. I just drink the purple koolaid hard every year and am soo passionate about the Cats that I see past some logic and jump to the best possible outcome and convince myself that it's how things are going to work out...basically i'm a textbook optimist to a fault.

With that being said, i'm pulling for Derricott and Prewett to be starters this year and I hope that i'm right...but the reality is that everyone isn't perfect and I could be wrong, in which case i'll eat crow because i'm not too proud to admit when i'm wrong.

Hopefully we can laugh about these posts over a beer when we win the Natty this year and all of this just funny! Heck, i'll buy!

Go Cats!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 12, 2014, 11:33:29 AM »
Anyone know a good carpenter in Garnett?  Preferrably a K-Stater!!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 12, 2014, 11:45:49 AM »
Can anyone else confirm that Womack is expected to play, and not redshirt?  I really want him to play this year.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 12, 2014, 11:53:52 AM »
Can anyone else confirm that Womack is expected to play, and not redshirt?  I really want him to play this year.

Has Snyder ever said he wishes Sproles redshirted his freshman year?

That would probably provide some guidance here.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 12, 2014, 11:58:07 AM »
This is from today's TCJ, Pete:

“I think (Warmack) is doing well right now,” Snyder said. “He will have the opportunity to compete and make his way. We will address whether that becomes redshirt or not in about two to three weeks.”

Warmack was the first member of the Wildcats’ 2014 recruiting class to commit. The true freshman understands the competition at the running back spot and is excited to finally get his college football career started.

“I was waiting ever since I committed to hurry up and get up here,” Warmack said. “Now that I’m finally here, I’m glad. (Training camp) is good. I’ve just been trying to get the plays down and give defenses a good look on scout team and stuff like that.”

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 12, 2014, 12:35:56 PM »

Has Snyder ever said he wishes Sproles redshirted his freshman year?

That would probably provide some guidance here.
Sproles was absolutely a contributor as a true freshman and would of only gotten better had he not hurt his shoulder in the 2nd game of the year.  He was the perfect compliment to Scobey. 

In hindsight, it didn't really cost the program much that he didn't redshirt - At best we are a 7-5 team in 2005 if Sproles is on that team.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 12, 2014, 12:37:31 PM »
Snyder said in the presser he gives every freshman the option to redshirt or not. He claimed it's always their decision and he lets them decide.  He also said he likes what he sees so far from Warmack. I'm optimistic that he won't.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 12, 2014, 12:40:26 PM »
technically it's the player's choice, but if coach thinks a player needs to redshirt he will do everything he can to make the player just go ahead and say "ok fine i'll redshirt"

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 12, 2014, 12:41:59 PM »
Snyder said in the presser he gives every freshman the option to redshirt or not. He claimed it's always their decision and he lets them decide.  He also said he likes what he sees so far from Warmack. I'm optimistic that he won't.

"It's your choice if you want to redshirt or not.  I should add that if you don't, you'll spend a year of eligibility sitting on the bench.  So really, the choice is yours."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 12, 2014, 12:42:35 PM »
Put me down for team Captain Shellenberger

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 12, 2014, 12:44:40 PM »

"It's your choice if you want to redshirt or not.  I should add that if you don't, you'll spend a year of eligibility sitting on the bench.  So really, the choice is yours."
"I'm rough ridin' Dalvin Warmack. I was your first commit and brought others with me. I was a super stud and you have a shitty running back core right now. I think i'll play, coach."  :surprised:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 12, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »

"I'm rough ridin' Dalvin Warmack. I was your first commit and brought others with me. I was a super stud and you have a shitty running back core right now. I think i'll play, coach."  :surprised:

"Son, you'd best check your tone before I turn YOU into a core."

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 12, 2014, 01:07:34 PM »
i'm not going to trash the kid like the other losers in this thread, but i really hope shelly isn't the starter for the entire year.  if you don't think he'd be a pretty big weak link, then you're fooling yourself.

This
Back for more bad takes.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 12, 2014, 01:15:57 PM »
I want Schellenberg to be good, just for his name alone.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 12, 2014, 01:26:24 PM »
If they said they didn't want to redshirt couldn't you just say "ok" and then not play them all season and call it a redshirt anyway?  It's not like you have to declare it before the season or something.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 12, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »
If they said they didn't want to redshirt couldn't you just say "ok" and then not play them all season and call it a redshirt anyway?  It's not like you have to declare it before the season or something.

"I...declare...BANKRUPTCY!!!"
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang