Author Topic: Fall Practice and Panda X Thread  (Read 128492 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Practice
« Reply #375 on: August 11, 2014, 09:18:44 PM »
i'm not going to trash the kid like the other losers in this thread, but i really hope shelly isn't the starter for the entire year.  if you don't think he'd be a pretty big weak link, then you're fooling yourself.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2014, 09:19:30 PM »
The truth of the matter is this... There is NO substitute for actual game time reps and Barnett looked like hot dogshit against Baylor in his first start also.

Anybody with half a brain knew that whoever got thrown in there vs OU was gonna get picked on by Bobby, however Schellenberger played very well the next week vs ku even though they tried to go after him as well.  Granted, there's a world of difference between OU and ku, but the kid really isn't that bad and is not the liability some seem to think he is. 

He may not be all conference, however he's quite serviceable and won't make mistakes that get you beat.  If anybody beats him out, we'll be in even better shape because he's a smart player that is, in fact, athletic enough to play at this level.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2014, 09:27:16 PM »
yes, agree that shell starting is worst case scenario, and we will be in great shape if someone else beats him out  :excited:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:07 PM »
I'd really like to hear an update on Newlan. Lots of people including myself thought he may see some serious time at safety.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 11, 2014, 09:45:15 PM »
The truth of the matter is this... There is NO substitute for actual game time reps and Barnett looked like hot dogshit against Baylor in his first start also.

Anybody with half a brain knew that whoever got thrown in there vs OU was gonna get picked on by Bobby, however Schellenberger played very well the next week vs ku even though they tried to go after him as well.  Granted, there's a world of difference between OU and ku, but the kid really isn't that bad and is not the liability some seem to think he is. 

He may not be all conference, however he's quite serviceable and won't make mistakes that get you beat.  If anybody beats him out, we'll be in even better shape because he's a smart player that is, in fact, athletic enough to play at this level.

This. I thought, outside of the OU game, Shelly was serviceable.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 11, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »

He made a ton of mistakes that got him beat last year. 

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 11, 2014, 09:49:44 PM »

Your reading comprehension is poor.  Work on that or you'll never get out of high school and be afforded the opportunity to experience the glory of attending K-State.

bears are fast...

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 11, 2014, 09:53:53 PM »

Your reading comprehension is poor.  Work on that or you'll never get out of high school and be afforded the opportunity to experience the glory of attending K-State.
Like I said, he made a ton of mistakes that got him beat, if you're saying he won't this year, I doubt it.  He was okay vs KU and was obliterated by solid FBS teams, why is that reason for optimism for him being serviceable?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #383 on: August 11, 2014, 10:19:05 PM »
Why has everyone been so damn chippy today?

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 11, 2014, 10:22:40 PM »

it's close

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 11, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »

talk crap, get hit

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 11, 2014, 10:38:59 PM »

Like I said, he made a ton of mistakes that got him beat, if you're saying he won't this year, I doubt it.  He was okay vs KU and was obliterated by solid FBS teams, why is that reason for optimism for him being serviceable?

Outside of getting thrown to the wolves vs OU after Zimmerman went down with the injury against TCU, what other "solid FBS teams" obliterated him?  Also, Coach Hayes says that he's very consistent and that he trusts the kid.  What information do you have that a seasoned, veteran FBS level defensive coordinator is not privy to?

I'll hang up and listen off air.
bears are fast...

Offline ManBearPig

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 11, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »
Enough about Shell...how about Clink chucking a 3rd year starting OG 5 yards deep into the backfield with one hand?
THE_ED'S STAYING ALIVE GAME CHAMPION

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 11, 2014, 10:52:33 PM »
Enough about Shell...how about Clink chucking a 3rd year starting OG 5 yards deep into the backfield with one hand?
Incomprehensibly studly

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 11, 2014, 10:57:59 PM »

Outside of getting thrown to the wolves vs OU after Zimmerman went down with the injury against TCU, what other "solid FBS teams" obliterated him?  Also, Coach Hayes says that he's very consistent and that he trusts the kid.  What information do you have that a seasoned, veteran FBS level defensive coordinator is not privy to?

I'm sorry, he got shredded by one solid FBS team.  I don't have any other information, never said I did.  I simply stated I think he sucks because he was bad against OU.  What do you mean "thrown to the wolves"?  Was he not practicing with everyone else for months before that game? 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 11, 2014, 11:16:31 PM »

:curse:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 11, 2014, 11:23:59 PM »

I'm sorry, he got shredded by one solid FBS team.  I don't have any other information, never said I did.  I simply stated I think he sucks because he was bad against OU.  What do you mean "thrown to the wolves"?  Was he not practicing with everyone else for months before that game?

So, you're a backup that has no game experience, and your first start is against one of the most talented teams in the country. If that's not being thrown to the wolves, then what is?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 11, 2014, 11:46:46 PM »
If the blog ain't bendin', we're just pretendin'.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 11, 2014, 11:51:34 PM »
Have heard from a family member of a starting offensive player that we will be throwing the ball considerably more this year than any year in Snyder's second tenure

No way in hell would this parent know that, literally. After a week of practice Snyder has given up on the run so much that all the players know it and are telling their mommies and daddies. Right.

Offline Harry Doyle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 11, 2014, 11:55:38 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 11, 2014, 11:58:23 PM »
Insidery camp stuff --

-Clinkscales, as expected, is a little out of shape, takes a while for any newcomer to get "K-Stated". During a scrimmage session on Saturday, he was bullrushing a guard (believed to be Stiverson)  but was dumped to the side looking out of his league. The very next play Clink went against that same guard and collapsed the pocket driving the guard into the qb with essentially one hand.

-Valentino Coleman has looked really good, he has been that very active and disruptive 3 technique through the first week of camp.

-Donnie Starks was taking most of the first team reps at nickel this week, as Evans was out with a tight hammy and has since returned.

-Expect the safety battle between Green and Schellenberg to go down to the wire, both have made their fair amount of plays so far. My source mentioned what may have been the highlight in the Saturday team session was a explosive hit by Green where he nearly knocked Charles Jones helmet off.

-Jake looking really good, Lockett has been looking elite. Jake to Lockett timing has been superb both looking in midseason form. Andre Davis, Currie, and Burton have all looked good. DO not know if there was a play made but I was told Klein is the "king of the deep post" take it FWIW.

-RB will be between Dmac and Jones. both will get carries.

-Expect the perimeter CB battle to go down to the wire. Still being told good things about Nate Jackson. Was told he's been the only CB to slow down Lockett thus far, at times even frustrating him. The one on ones between the DBs and the WRs are very entertaining and extremely competitive. I expect Burns, McDaniel, Jackson, Evans, and Starks to provide a steady rotation between the DB positions, all will get significant playing time. Out of the 5, Evans will be the only one "not looking over his shoulder"

-In a team session today I was told Prewett had the highlight of the morning when he came down hill with a "thunderous hit" on Dmac.

No! Don't leave! Give us more!  :pray:

This made me less excited about the season.  Schellenberg is awful so if he is not being easily beaten out, then we are going to be awful at safety.

Guess there has never been a player improve from season to season. Just because you have never improved as a poster doesn't mean a K-State player can't. If he starts the season opener I will feel good about it and be behind him 100%. The more I hear the better I feel about the upcoming season.

MixBerryCrunch is a cartoon watching dumbass, don't pay attention to him. Schallenberg played in relief after one of the best safeties in program history got hurt mid game 3/4 through the season. We haven't seen enough of him to know if he's awful or amazing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2014, 12:12:37 AM »
Here's thing with Schallenberg. So I really don't know how to properly evaluate football players, the deal is 95% of you fuckheads can't either. So this kid comes in cold and makes a poor play against a very good team and idiots like MixBerryCrunch, WildcatNation, and PowercatPat all of a sudden become scouts for the 2009 New England Patriots. Never mind that they likely don't know what defense we were in or what assignments the secondary had.

I guess what I'm trying to say is shut the eff up, you idiots don't even know what the hell you're looking at.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2014, 12:40:21 AM »
Here's thing with Schallenberg. So I really don't know how to properly evaluate football players, the deal is 95% of you fuckheads can't either. So this kid comes in cold and makes a poor play against a very good team and idiots like MixBerryCrunch, WildcatNation, and PowercatPat all of a sudden become scouts for the 2009 New England Patriots. Never mind that they likely don't know what defense we were in or what assignments the secondary had.

I guess what I'm trying to say is shut the eff up, you idiots don't even know what the hell you're looking at.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2014, 01:41:16 AM »
I just wish this sorry ass staff would quit trotting out inferior talent because of whatever vendetta they have against all the more talented players.   We need a staff that will put the best players on the field, regardless.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2014, 04:53:27 AM »

I just wish this sorry ass staff would quit trotting out inferior talent because of whatever vendetta they have against all the more talented players.   We need a staff that will put the best players on the field, regardless.
This isn't peewee football folks.

Gonna win 'em all!