Author Topic: Fall Practice and Panda X Thread  (Read 128587 times)

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Practice
« Reply #325 on: August 11, 2014, 04:21:44 PM »
Bill hasn't fast tracked JUCO guys nearly as much during v2.0, BUT we really haven't had many guys like Derricott and Clinkscales during that time either. Both of those guys will be plugged in as soon as they develop an acceptable understanding of their assignments. People like to talk about Dakorey Johnson and Chris Brown last year, but those guys aren't NFL caliber players. I'd bet my left nut that Clinkscales and Derricott make a pro roster at some point.

Let's assume that Derricott puts on pads tomorrow and starts working with the linebackers.  He'll have 18 days before the first game to learn pretty much everything.  Maybe he plays this year, but to assume he will unseat a previous starter, who has played at a consistent level, who went to media days...

Well, okay.  I'll just forget everything I've ever learned and known about LHC LHC Bill Snyder the past however many years.

He's put such an emphasis on experience the second go around.  If Derricott is as good as folks think he can be, I see Bill making him wait a year before unleashing him on the world.

Has Derricott even been working out?  Is the consensus that we'd rather unleash him onto the world halfway through a season where we will have entrenched starters and backups?

Take potential talent out of the equation. He just got here too late.

I'm just going to leave these here...

https://twitter.com/dvonta20/status/491230017276231680/photo/1
https://twitter.com/dvonta20/status/486512537060392960/photo/1

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2014, 04:28:39 PM »
oh yeah, if you guys forgot, he's going to wear #3. which means he has no choice but to be a complete rough ridin' stud.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 11, 2014, 04:29:46 PM »
 :sdeek:
Bill hasn't fast tracked JUCO guys nearly as much during v2.0, BUT we really haven't had many guys like Derricott and Clinkscales during that time either. Both of those guys will be plugged in as soon as they develop an acceptable understanding of their assignments. People like to talk about Dakorey Johnson and Chris Brown last year, but those guys aren't NFL caliber players. I'd bet my left nut that Clinkscales and Derricott make a pro roster at some point.

Let's assume that Derricott puts on pads tomorrow and starts working with the linebackers.  He'll have 18 days before the first game to learn pretty much everything.  Maybe he plays this year, but to assume he will unseat a previous starter, who has played at a consistent level, who went to media days...

Well, okay.  I'll just forget everything I've ever learned and known about LHC LHC Bill Snyder the past however many years.

He's put such an emphasis on experience the second go around.  If Derricott is as good as folks think he can be, I see Bill making him wait a year before unleashing him on the world.

Has Derricott even been working out?  Is the consensus that we'd rather unleash him onto the world halfway through a season where we will have entrenched starters and backups?

Take potential talent out of the equation. He just got here too late.

I'm just going to leave these here...

https://twitter.com/dvonta20/status/491230017276231680/photo/1
https://twitter.com/dvonta20/status/486512537060392960/photo/1
 :sdeek: Those legs need a redshirt year

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 11, 2014, 04:50:30 PM »
Man Shellshock sure has run his ships aground and set them on fire as it comes to DD being a stud.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 11, 2014, 04:55:42 PM »

Man Shellshock sure has run his ships aground and set them on fire as it comes to DD being a stud.
I, for one, love it.

Gonna win 'em all!

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 11, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »
Looks a little chubby (for AB comparos).
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 11, 2014, 04:58:28 PM »
Looks a little chubby (for AB comparos).

I think the phrase you're looking for is: built like a brick shithouse.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 11, 2014, 05:15:59 PM »
Marvin Simmons was a beast w/ the weights too, right.......just saying

I sure hope not.... :pray:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 11, 2014, 05:23:37 PM »
ShellShock is clearly a tit man and not a legs man. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 11, 2014, 05:33:10 PM »

I, for one, love it.

Gonna win 'em all!

next-level zeal.  inspirational stuff.
emaw

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 11, 2014, 05:35:27 PM »

You sorta have to respect it.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 11, 2014, 05:37:56 PM »
Insidery camp stuff --

-Clinkscales, as expected, is a little out of shape, takes a while for any newcomer to get "K-Stated". During a scrimmage session on Saturday, he was bullrushing a guard (believed to be Stiverson)  but was dumped to the side looking out of his league. The very next play Clink went against that same guard and collapsed the pocket driving the guard into the qb with essentially one hand.

-Valentino Coleman has looked really good, he has been that very active and disruptive 3 technique through the first week of camp.

-Donnie Starks was taking most of the first team reps at nickel this week, as Evans was out with a tight hammy and has since returned.

-Expect the safety battle between Green and Schellenberg to go down to the wire, both have made their fair amount of plays so far. My source mentioned what may have been the highlight in the Saturday team session was a explosive hit by Green where he nearly knocked Charles Jones helmet off.

-Jake looking really good, Lockett has been looking elite. Jake to Lockett timing has been superb both looking in midseason form. Andre Davis, Currie, and Burton have all looked good. DO not know if there was a play made but I was told Klein is the "king of the deep post" take it FWIW.

-RB will be between Dmac and Jones. both will get carries.

-Expect the perimeter CB battle to go down to the wire. Still being told good things about Nate Jackson. Was told he's been the only CB to slow down Lockett thus far, at times even frustrating him. The one on ones between the DBs and the WRs are very entertaining and extremely competitive. I expect Burns, McDaniel, Jackson, Evans, and Starks to provide a steady rotation between the DB positions, all will get significant playing time. Out of the 5, Evans will be the only one "not looking over his shoulder"

-In a team session today I was told Prewett had the highlight of the morning when he came down hill with a "thunderous hit" on Dmac.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2014, 05:41:37 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 11, 2014, 05:42:13 PM »
Good stuff.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 11, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »
Insidery camp stuff --

-Clinkscales, as expected, is a little out of shape, takes a while for any newcomer to get "K-Stated". During a scrimmage session on Saturday, he was bullrushing a guard (believed to be Stiverson)  but was dumped to the side looking out of his league. The very next play Clink went against that same guard and collapsed the pocket driving the guard into the qb with essentially one hand.

-Valentino Coleman has looked really good, he has been that very active and disruptive 3 technique through the first week of camp.

-Donnie Starks was taking most of the first team reps at nickel this week, as Evans was out with a tight hammy and has since returned.

-Expect the safety battle between Green and Schellenberg to go down to the wire, both have made their fair amount of plays so far. My source mentioned what may have been the highlight in the Saturday team session was a explosive hit by Green where he nearly knocked Charles Jones helmet off.

-Jake looking really good, Lockett has been looking elite. Jake to Lockett timing has been superb both looking in midseason form. Andre Davis, Currie, and Burton have all looked good. DO not know if there was a play made but I was told Klein is the "king of the deep post" take it FWIW.

-Expect the perimeter CB battle to go down to the wire. Still being told good things about Nate Jackson. Was told he's been the only CB to slow down Lockett thus far, at times even frustrating him. The one on ones between the DBs and the WRs are very entertaining and extremely competitive. I expect Burns, McDaniel, Jackson, Evans, and Starks to provide a steady rotation between the DB positions, all will get significant playing time. Out of the 5, Evans will be the only one "not looking over his shoulder"

-In a team session today I was told Prewett had the highlight of the morning when he came down hill with a "thunderous hit" on Dmac.

No! Don't leave! Give us more!  :pray:

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 11, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »
Have heard from a family member of a starting offensive player that we will be throwing the ball considerably more this year than any year in Snyder's second tenure

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 11, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »
Great info; thank you. Don't give any hints on your source, Sean Snyder hunted me down once and I was almost fired from my job at Derby!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 11, 2014, 05:47:50 PM »
 :sdeek:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 11, 2014, 05:50:38 PM »
Insidery camp stuff --

:thumbs:

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 11, 2014, 05:51:38 PM »
this page is hot.
emaw

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 11, 2014, 06:07:22 PM »
Insidery camp stuff --

This made me less excited about the season.  Schellenberg is awful so if he is not being easily beaten out, then we are going to be awful at safety. 
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 11, 2014, 06:14:42 PM »
this page is hot.
You might call it a band. Not a little but alot.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 11, 2014, 06:20:29 PM »
So, we are going to be ELITE.  :gocho:

I think our corners are Dark Horse Badass. We are going to break losers in the open field,

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 11, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »
Shellshock is a gigantic bad person, but I'm 100 percent rooting for him in this one.  :drool:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline elkwc

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 11, 2014, 06:36:45 PM »
Insidery camp stuff --

This made me less excited about the season.  Schellenberg is awful so if he is not being easily beaten out, then we are going to be awful at safety.

Guess there has never been a player improve from season to season. Just because you have never improved as a poster doesn't mean a K-State player can't. If he starts the season opener I will feel good about it and be behind him 100%. The more I hear the better I feel about the upcoming season.