Author Topic: Fall Practice and Panda X Thread  (Read 130250 times)

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Practice
« Reply #350 on: August 11, 2014, 06:37:02 PM »

Shellshock is a gigantic bad person, but I'm 100 percent rooting for him in this one.  :drool:

also #1cat'n here

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 11, 2014, 06:42:26 PM »
:sdeek:
Bill hasn't fast tracked JUCO guys nearly as much during v2.0, BUT we really haven't had many guys like Derricott and Clinkscales during that time either. Both of those guys will be plugged in as soon as they develop an acceptable understanding of their assignments. People like to talk about Dakorey Johnson and Chris Brown last year, but those guys aren't NFL caliber players. I'd bet my left nut that Clinkscales and Derricott make a pro roster at some point.

Let's assume that Derricott puts on pads tomorrow and starts working with the linebackers.  He'll have 18 days before the first game to learn pretty much everything.  Maybe he plays this year, but to assume he will unseat a previous starter, who has played at a consistent level, who went to media days...

Well, okay.  I'll just forget everything I've ever learned and known about LHC LHC Bill Snyder the past however many years.

He's put such an emphasis on experience the second go around.  If Derricott is as good as folks think he can be, I see Bill making him wait a year before unleashing him on the world.

Has Derricott even been working out?  Is the consensus that we'd rather unleash him onto the world halfway through a season where we will have entrenched starters and backups?

Take potential talent out of the equation. He just got here too late.

I'm just going to leave these here...

https://twitter.com/dvonta20/status/491230017276231680/photo/1
https://twitter.com/dvonta20/status/486512537060392960/photo/1
 :sdeek: Those legs need a redshirt year

Well, you can pretty much only see his shins, so...

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 11, 2014, 06:44:27 PM »
Insidery camp stuff --

-Clinkscales, as expected, is a little out of shape, takes a while for any newcomer to get "K-Stated". During a scrimmage session on Saturday, he was bullrushing a guard (believed to be Stiverson)  but was dumped to the side looking out of his league. The very next play Clink went against that same guard and collapsed the pocket driving the guard into the qb with essentially one hand.

-Valentino Coleman has looked really good, he has been that very active and disruptive 3 technique through the first week of camp.

-Donnie Starks was taking most of the first team reps at nickel this week, as Evans was out with a tight hammy and has since returned.

-Expect the safety battle between Green and Schellenberg to go down to the wire, both have made their fair amount of plays so far. My source mentioned what may have been the highlight in the Saturday team session was a explosive hit by Green where he nearly knocked Charles Jones helmet off.

-Jake looking really good, Lockett has been looking elite. Jake to Lockett timing has been superb both looking in midseason form. Andre Davis, Currie, and Burton have all looked good. DO not know if there was a play made but I was told Klein is the "king of the deep post" take it FWIW.

-RB will be between Dmac and Jones. both will get carries.

-Expect the perimeter CB battle to go down to the wire. Still being told good things about Nate Jackson. Was told he's been the only CB to slow down Lockett thus far, at times even frustrating him. The one on ones between the DBs and the WRs are very entertaining and extremely competitive. I expect Burns, McDaniel, Jackson, Evans, and Starks to provide a steady rotation between the DB positions, all will get significant playing time. Out of the 5, Evans will be the only one "not looking over his shoulder"

-In a team session today I was told Prewett had the highlight of the morning when he came down hill with a "thunderous hit" on Dmac.

:buh-bye:

No! Don't leave! Give us more!  :pray:

This made me less excited about the season.  Schellenberg is awful so if he is not being easily beaten out, then we are going to be awful at safety.

Guess there has never been a player improve from season to season. Just because you have never improved as a poster doesn't mean a K-State player can't. If he starts the season opener I will feel good about it and be behind him 100%. The more I hear the better I feel about the upcoming season.

No one cares what you think, Schellenberg, you unathletic bad person.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 11, 2014, 07:28:27 PM »
Why am I concerned about our WR depth? Someone make me feel better.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 11, 2014, 07:29:35 PM »

waters only throws to one person, don't worry about it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 11, 2014, 07:31:45 PM »

Lockett, Curry, Davis, Burton, and Klein have all looked good, reportedly.   I'm fine with that.   :dunno:

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 11, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »

Wide receiver is not a concern. Schellenberg is a projected starter; you should be concerned about this.   

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 11, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »

Wide receiver is not a concern. Schellenberg is a projected starter; you should be concerned about this.

What is your deal with Schellenberg?  If Coach Hayes feels he gives us the best chance for success initially based on his knowledge of the game, schemes, coverages, etc, then I'm not one to argue.

We are talking about the FS spot, here.  Green missed a shitload of practice reps due to injury last year, Newlan is a RS frosh, and then we are down to true freshmen.  The last thing you want out of your free is to have dumb mistakes that leave guys running loose in the secondary.
bears are fast...

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 11, 2014, 08:29:40 PM »

What is your deal with Schellenberg?  If Coach Hayes feels he gives us the best chance for success initially based on his knowledge of the game, schemes, coverages, etc, then I'm not one to argue.

We are talking about the FS spot, here.  Green missed a shitload of practice reps due to injury last year, Newlan is a RS frosh, and then we are down to true freshmen.  The last thing you want out of your free is to have dumb mistakes that leave guys running loose in the secondary.

My deal with Schellenberg is that he should not be playing FBS football. If he is the best we have, then how can we expect to have anything other than a mediocre defense? Maybe you should go back and watch his highlights from last year if the prospect of him starting doesn't terrify you. 

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 11, 2014, 08:39:25 PM »
Insidery camp stuff --

-Clinkscales, as expected, is a little out of shape, takes a while for any newcomer to get "K-Stated". During a scrimmage session on Saturday, he was bullrushing a guard (believed to be Stiverson)  but was dumped to the side looking out of his league. The very next play Clink went against that same guard and collapsed the pocket driving the guard into the qb with essentially one hand.

-Valentino Coleman has looked really good, he has been that very active and disruptive 3 technique through the first week of camp.

-Donnie Starks was taking most of the first team reps at nickel this week, as Evans was out with a tight hammy and has since returned.

-Expect the safety battle between Green and Schellenberg to go down to the wire, both have made their fair amount of plays so far. My source mentioned what may have been the highlight in the Saturday team session was a explosive hit by Green where he nearly knocked Charles Jones helmet off.

-Jake looking really good, Lockett has been looking elite. Jake to Lockett timing has been superb both looking in midseason form. Andre Davis, Currie, and Burton have all looked good. DO not know if there was a play made but I was told Klein is the "king of the deep post" take it FWIW.

-RB will be between Dmac and Jones. both will get carries.

-Expect the perimeter CB battle to go down to the wire. Still being told good things about Nate Jackson. Was told he's been the only CB to slow down Lockett thus far, at times even frustrating him. The one on ones between the DBs and the WRs are very entertaining and extremely competitive. I expect Burns, McDaniel, Jackson, Evans, and Starks to provide a steady rotation between the DB positions, all will get significant playing time. Out of the 5, Evans will be the only one "not looking over his shoulder"

-In a team session today I was told Prewett had the highlight of the morning when he came down hill with a "thunderous hit" on Dmac.

:buh-bye:

:thumbs:   Thanks Mr. Pimp    :ksu:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 11, 2014, 08:45:37 PM »

My deal with Schellenberg is that he should not be playing FBS football. If he is the best we have, then how can we expect to have anything other than a mediocre defense? Maybe you should go back and watch his highlights from last year if the prospect of him starting doesn't terrify you.

He wasn't great last year. Maybe he's better this year? We've fielded several quality defenses with safeties that nobody would accuse of being burners. We'll be fine if he starts, but would also be great if somebody else beat him out. Not worried either way.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 11, 2014, 08:53:17 PM »
Thanks BP!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 11, 2014, 08:54:08 PM »
'Blast, tell us more about Sean hunting you down and your job at Derby

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 11, 2014, 08:55:27 PM »

MBC is 100% right. Do you guys not remember the play where the QB pump faked him inside, he turned around and ran the wrong way and they scored? Um, yeah. Even if he is better this year, if he is the starting FS we trot out there against teams like Baylor and Auburn, it is going to be very, very bad for us. We would be going from Zimmerman to a player that wouldn't sniff the field for KU or ISU. He is very Pitt Stateesque to me.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 11, 2014, 08:57:32 PM »

He was bad, but inexperienced. It's concerning that his only good game was KU. I don't think he's especially un-athletic, and I think he may improve like many of our safeties do with more experience. If he's playing like a #1 in practice I think he's had to have improved, hopefully a lot.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 11, 2014, 08:59:13 PM »

MBC is 100% right. Do you guys not remember the play where the QB pump faked him inside, he turned around and ran the wrong way and they scored? Um, yeah. Even if he is better this year, if he is the starting FS we trot out there against teams like Baylor and Auburn, it is going to be very, very bad for us. We would be going from Zimmerman to a player that wouldn't start for KU or ISU.

I honestly don't believe he would start for any other power five team. That is how awful he is.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 11, 2014, 09:00:27 PM »

MBC is 100% right. Do you guys not remember the play where the QB pump faked him inside, he turned around and ran the wrong way and they scored? Um, yeah. Even if he is better this year, if he is the starting FS we trot out there against teams like Baylor and Auburn, it is going to be very, very bad for us. We would be going from Zimmerman to a player that wouldn't start for KU or ISU.

I honestly don't believe he would start for any other power five team. That is how awful he is.

What is Bryce Petty going to do to this pud?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 11, 2014, 09:01:35 PM »

Help me understand why he shouldn't be playing FBS football, please.

He actually played quite well vs ku and I'm not sure that he struggled anymore against OU in his first start than what Barnett did in his first go vs Baylor the first time Zimmerman got hurt.

I'm of the belief that the comparative difference between him with zero experience vs the sooners compared with what we'd have gotten from a well seasoned Ty Zimmerman have skewed some folks perceptions of him.  Coach Hayes sees them all everyday and if he's the most consistent, then he gives us the best chance to win at this point.
bears are fast...

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 11, 2014, 09:03:39 PM »
Shellshock is a gigantic bad person, but I'm 100 percent rooting for him in this one.  :drool:

Shot to the heart there seven..I only met you once at the station...

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 11, 2014, 09:05:58 PM »
Prewett will be the starter over Shellenberger...might not be for the first game but it'll happen...

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 11, 2014, 09:06:34 PM »
Worrying about who this coaching staff starts is a major waste of time. I don't care how tuckish that sounds. If he's starting there, there's probably not a better option there. This isn't pee wee football folks.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 11, 2014, 09:11:18 PM »

Help me understand why he shouldn't be playing FBS football, please.

He actually played quite well vs ku and I'm not sure that he struggled anymore against OU in his first start than what Barnett did in his first go vs Baylor the first time Zimmerman got hurt.

I'm of the belief that the comparative difference between him with zero experience vs the sooners compared with what we'd have gotten from a well seasoned Ty Zimmerman have skewed some folks perceptions of him.  Coach Hayes sees them all everyday and if he's the most consistent, then he gives us the best chance to win at this point.

I'm not going to go back and forth in this. He was a joke out there last season and everyone knows that. If you say he transformed into a good player in the off-season then fuckin'aye that's splendiferous. I just think it's more likely that our second safety position is probably going to be dog crap if he's the best we've got.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 11, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »

Shot to the heart there seven..I only met you once at the station...

strictly a bbs'n observation
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 11, 2014, 09:15:30 PM »
Prewett will be the starter over Shellenberger...might not be for the first game but it'll happen...

I am hoping for this. As others have clearly said, Schellenberg is awful.