Author Topic: Wild Wildcats in the NFL  (Read 224508 times)

Offline konofo

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Wildcats in the NFL
« Reply #1350 on: August 14, 2023, 07:41:43 AM »
Is Skylar still playing?
Yes, as mentioned, he got the second half of the first preseason game, but he didn't do much for his cause.  Still, he'll likely get the start in the next game:

Quote from: Mike McDaniel press conference
Q. What do you assess from this backup quarterback battle…?
MIKE McDANIEL: What's important to keep in mind is there's a lot of things that go in – you don't just look at it like okay, Mike (White) did better than Skylar (Thompson). It's much more complicated than that in terms of the opportunities both had. Skylar needs an opportunity to play with the same guys that Mike played with, which he'll probably get next week. I think it's about how people learn, react, and especially with quarterbacks, you have to be very coachable. There's going to be a point where Tua is going to be taking all the reps and you'd better be learning from the things that you did in the preseason and the things that Tua is learning from. Quite critical in the whole evaluation process is how guys move forward from here.

Q. Have you seen enough – I guess enough is not the right word, but you have full confidence that the group (of quarterbacks) you have is the group you're going to go forward with in the regular season?
MIKE McDANIEL: I mean, I think the competition has been awesome in camp. It's been back and forth. Very happy with the room overall. I think a lot of people would be cutting out the league if you overreacted to one game situation. Again, I'll find out watching the tape tomorrow how much other players knew what they were doing when Skylar (Thompson) was in, when Mike (White) was in. That takes a toll as well as the quarterback when you're trying to do your job and having to tell other people what to do. I've been very happy with the group overall. They've done some productive things at the NFL level on numerous occasions. Preseason (Week) 1 is not going to get me to overreact to anything. Happy with the group.

kono

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 14, 2023, 08:34:16 AM »
Well he's certainly had his opportunity to show what he's got the last year or so.  Hope he can stick around a while.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 14, 2023, 09:12:10 AM »
Felix played well and so did boye-doe

Josh Hayes is doing well also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be honest I was a bit worried about FAU being a total bust in the nfl. today helped temper some of those concerns. EBD has a legit shot at making the chiefs roster I think? which is insane considering he wasn't even signed as an UDFA.

Deuce obvs amazing.

Did Kade get any playing time?

Yes, I am/was a lil worried as well. Hopefully he can keep those concerns at bay
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 14, 2023, 10:24:57 AM »
Well he's certainly had his opportunity to show what he's got the last year or so.  Hope he can stick around a while.

I don't think sticking is an issue right now, he's either the backup or the emergency QB

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 14, 2023, 11:09:54 AM »

I don't think sticking is an issue right now, he's either the backup or the emergency QB

You think Miami will carry 3 QB's on the 53 man roster? Looks like 1/3rd of nfl teams last year did it, so maybe it's not super rare.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 14, 2023, 11:11:24 AM »
Well their starter had like 3 concussions last year and they already relied on their third stringer in multiple games so I think keeping 3 would be wise.

Offline konofo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 14, 2023, 03:31:55 PM »
Exactly, it feels like it would be reckless for the Fins to go into the season with just two, and I don't think they can safely stash either of these dudes on the scout team.

kono

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 14, 2023, 10:48:57 PM »

You think Miami will carry 3 QB's on the 53 man roster? Looks like 1/3rd of nfl teams last year did it, so maybe it's not super rare.

Some weeks they'll have three, some weeks they won't, either way he'll still have a job. I really don't think he's in danger of being released.

Offline Road Crew

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 16, 2023, 09:53:33 AM »

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 18, 2023, 04:07:27 PM »
Is it me or does anyone else think we’re going to have a special season? There’s nfl talent all over the roster. Or maybe I’ve drank too much kso nyquil

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 18, 2023, 04:13:59 PM »
Like, NFL alum cats, or what do you mean? I, for one, am looking forward to watching Deuce tear it up for the 'Boys.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 18, 2023, 05:04:26 PM »
There has to be at least 10 guys that will be drafted in the next 2 years. Howard, K Johnson, Sinnot, Beebe, some other OL, Suemalo, Duke, Matlack?,  our entire secondary. And linebackers is considered the best unit and I didn’t name anyone. They seem either too young (osunsami , Clifton) or too old (green) to be drafted soon. I was going to bet the farm on the cats last year because of all the NFL prospects but thought bitcoin was a better bet 🤡. This year going to trust the cats and smash the over on 8 wins.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 18, 2023, 05:23:08 PM »
Beebe is a stone cold lock.  Don't think anyone else on the roster is tho.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 18, 2023, 10:34:42 PM »
You’ll see

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 19, 2023, 02:55:12 PM »
There has to be at least 10 guys that will be drafted in the next 2 years. Howard, K Johnson, Sinnot, Beebe, some other OL, Suemalo, Duke, Matlack?,  our entire secondary. And linebackers is considered the best unit and I didn’t name anyone. They seem either too young (osunsami , Clifton) or too old (green) to be drafted soon. I was going to bet the farm on the cats last year because of all the NFL prospects but thought bitcoin was a better bet 🤡. This year going to trust the cats and smash the over on 8 wins.

What in the world would lead you to believe that Seumalo or Matlack will be drafted? Neither of them have shown NFL potential yet. Duke would have to have a monster year to recover from the the coaching staff did to him last year, and Howard isn't even sniffing nfl draft boards. Keagan Johnson hasn't played a snap for the cats yet and we're already talking about him going to the nfl? come on.

My guess is we have maybe 3 draftees next year, Beebe and 1 or 2 more sneak in there in the late rounds.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: August 19, 2023, 05:16:25 PM »
Sounds like someone needs a kso subscription  :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 19, 2023, 08:23:49 PM »
Is it me or does anyone else think we’re going to have a special season? There’s nfl talent all over the roster. Or maybe I’ve drank too much kso nyquil
it’s not just you, stunz.  we’re going to win the league again and cement ourselves onto the big 12’s iron throne.  so it is written.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 19, 2023, 08:28:00 PM »
If I was going to anoint anyone who hasn't played a down for the cats yet an NFL player it would probably be Will Lee. You can't teach 6'3 190 with a 4.5 forty time.  This is DBU after all, come on now.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 19, 2023, 09:05:59 PM »
Sounds like someone needs a kso subscription  :lol:

yeah I wandered over there for a day or 2 when it was $1. absolutely no interest in being associated with those people

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 19, 2023, 10:29:12 PM »
Kcfdsquawk smdh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 19, 2023, 11:06:25 PM »
Skylar, 3 TDs
Deuce, 1 so far

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 28, 2023, 11:22:47 AM »
I saw a mock draft with KT Leveston going in the late first round. So that's pretty neat!

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 24, 2023, 02:17:48 PM »
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 29, 2023, 09:21:11 AM »

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 30, 2024, 01:25:38 PM »
Don't know where to put this, but Adrian Martinez playing QB for the Birmingham team in the new XFL/USFL combo league