Author Topic: Carr Bros.  (Read 15555 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Carr Bros.
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2014, 03:03:47 PM »
Good lord. I was not aware of this story. Hard to read. Just disgusting.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2014, 03:05:56 PM »
Wow just read that link about what happened.

Holy balls this seems like an ez call

It comes down to whether you think the role of your government should be that of a parent who punishes people when they do wrong or whether you think it should be a minimalist entity that only gets involved to remove people from society in a humane way to the benefit of everyone else. I tend to go with the latter, but my Christian beliefs that you should forgive, turn the other cheek, not kill people, etc. make it a pretty easy call for me.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2014, 03:14:57 PM »
Live by the gun die by the gun. Thats what I always say.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2014, 03:16:09 PM »
Let the boys in prison run a train on them. Break it up. Then once they heal up let them have some unsupervised yard time

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2014, 03:17:21 PM »
Will help with sexual frustration and rage issues for those inside and theyre dead. Win win

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2014, 03:18:14 PM »
Let the boys in prison run a train on them. Break it up. Then once they heal up let them have some unsupervised yard time
Play that song "In Cars" during the train sesh too

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2014, 03:20:11 PM »
I think they should let them exercise daily, have access to any reading material they request, be fed well, have proper medical care, and have a clean bed to sleep on. Also, prisoners who get in fights, rape other prisoners, etc. should be kept in solitary confinement so that stops happening. It's pretty sick and disgusting, and it's disgraceful that we acknowledge that it happens and not only choose to do nothing about it, but celebrate it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2014, 03:25:28 PM »
I think they should let them exercise daily, have access to any reading material they request, be fed well, have proper medical care, and have a clean bed to sleep on. Also, prisoners who get in fights, rape other prisoners, etc. should be kept in solitary confinement so that stops happening. It's pretty sick and disgusting, and it's disgraceful that we acknowledge that it happens and not only choose to do nothing about it, but celebrate it.

I think solitary confinement (as it is generally defined) is also pretty cruel.

http://ccrjustice.org/solitary-factsheet

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »

I think solitary confinement (as it is generally defined) is also pretty cruel.

Maybe, but it's a lot less cruel than letting somebody who likes to rape other inmates hang out with other inmates.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »
I think the death penalty should be made public and tickets should be sold like a sporting event.  All proceeds go to the cost of the execution and the victim's families.  This should be done for people like the Carr bros and pedophiles. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2014, 03:38:59 PM »
I think the death penalty should be made public and tickets should be sold like a sporting event.  All proceeds go to the cost of the execution and the victim's families.  This should be done for people like the Carr bros and pedophiles.

What kind of sick individual would attend one, let alone pay money to attend?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2014, 03:40:37 PM »

I think they should let them exercise daily, have access to any reading material they request, be fed well, have proper medical care, and have a clean bed to sleep on.

What right do they have to a fairly good life (which is what you described)? Didn't they forfeit that when they tortured and murdered people? The only arguments against capital punishment that I can wrap my head around are those that are based on:

1. The potential of convicting an movement person (n/a here)
2. The idea that life in prison is worse than death. (Not in your idyllic scenario)
3. The theory that capital punishment cases end up costing taxpayers more than life sentences
:adios:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2014, 03:43:46 PM »

I think they should let them exercise daily, have access to any reading material they request, be fed well, have proper medical care, and have a clean bed to sleep on.

What right do they have to a fairly good life (which is what you described)? Didn't they forfeit that when they tortured and murdered people? The only arguments against capital punishment that I can wrap my head around are those that are based on:

2. The idea that life in prison is worse than death. (Not in your idyllic scenario)
3. The theory that capital punishment cases end up costing taxpayers more than life sentences

I don't believe that what I described is a fairly good life at all. It's a miserable life where people still treat you like you are a human being. These guys committed terrible crimes, but they are still human.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2014, 03:47:55 PM »

4. Killing people is wrong?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »

4. Killing people is wrong?
I suppose that is a logical argument. Not one I agree with in cases like this, but certainly understandable.
:adios:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2014, 03:57:32 PM »
Surprised that some of you are Kansans and not aware of this. First time I've really felt old on gE.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2014, 04:00:21 PM »
Surprised that some of you are Kansans and not aware of this. First time I've really felt old on gE.

Gonna win 'em all!

It was my senior year of high school. I paid little/no attention to the news in those days.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »

I don't believe that what I described is a fairly good life at all. It's a miserable life where people still treat you like you are a human being. These guys committed terrible crimes, but they are still human.

Again, just a quick point of correction, I really don't think these monsters qualify as "human."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2014, 04:06:15 PM »

Again, just a quick point of correction, I really don't think these monsters qualify as "human."

Well, clearly you are letting your emotions get the better of you.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2014, 04:10:30 PM »
Be their penpal then

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2014, 04:12:45 PM »
I don't think prison should be comfy.  I am not for rape and what not, but definitely think that there should be no library other than law materials, tv, classes, color finishes, hot water, etc in max prisons for violent offenders.  Keep them safe, warm, fed, and that is it.

If you want to have a discussion on sentencing restructuring or something like that, I would be all for it.  However, if you kill someone(not standing your ground, of course), then you should be treated like an animal.  Not as punishment, but as a deterrent for others. 

Take all the money you want to spend on that crap and put it into prevention, mental health programs, education, etc.  Basically anything that statistically shows that ppl with such things have a lower incarceration rate. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2014, 04:14:28 PM »
If people want people that commit these heinous acts to be provided with room, board, and an education, they can donate money to pay for that.

Hungry? Homeless? Ill? Go on a rape and murder spree and get room, board, excercise, healthcare, friends, and an education for life!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »
I really wouldnt give a eff if it was a walled off domed city that violent, heinous people were kept in to establish their own brand of justice, laws, customs, etc. Air drop food in once a week and call it a day.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2014, 04:18:59 PM »
Does everyone understand how little regard I have for people like the carrs?

Yes!!

Ok, I'm done. :D

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2014, 04:21:24 PM »
I don't think prison should be comfy.  I am not for rape and what not, but definitely think that there should be no library other than law materials, tv, classes, color finishes, hot water, etc in max prisons for violent offenders.  Keep them safe, warm, fed, and that is it.

If you want to have a discussion on sentencing restructuring or something like that, I would be all for it.  However, if you kill someone(not standing your ground, of course), then you should be treated like an animal.  Not as punishment, but as a deterrent for others. 

Take all the money you want to spend on that crap and put it into prevention, mental health programs, education, etc.  Basically anything that statistically shows that ppl with such things have a lower incarceration rate.

Some violent offenders are going to get out of prison eventually. They share facilities with murderers who won't. What do you expect them to do when they get out if you put them into a facility where you treat them like an animal for 10 years?

If people want people that commit these heinous acts to be provided with room, board, and an education, they can donate money to pay for that.

Hungry? Homeless? Ill? Go on a rape and murder spree and get room, board, excercise, healthcare, friends, and an education for life!

If I were hungry, homeless, and ill, I would probably just go to a soup kitchen so I could have interaction with people who aren't violent criminals and not be confined to a cell with bars for the rest of my life, but different strokes for different folks, I guess.