Author Topic: Michelle Obama  (Read 9776 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Michelle Obama
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 10:06:37 AM »
MO is great. I don't know how anyone could hate her.
I don't know enough about her to hate her. She's just kinda there, you know? I know she wants our kids to eat healthy, while her husband is a chain smoker, but that's about it.

Well, now you know two things. She wants our kids to eat healthy, and if a short person asks her for help reaching something on the top shelf at Target, she thinks it's probably due to racism.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:17:52 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 10:09:16 AM »
I don't really care about her one way or the other but the target story is a terrible story. She needs to up her story telling game.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 10:09:57 AM »
I didn't see anywhere in anything you quoted that she claimed to be mistaken for a Target employee.

You're right, but I'm confused as to why else she would now cite this story as an example of racism. She's claiming that the woman asked for her help because she is black, right? That she wouldn't have asked a white woman for help? That doesn't make any sense.

It seems likely that the reason the woman asked for help is exactly as Michelle described it to Letterman - she's tall, the other woman was short. The woman even joked "you didn't have to make it look so easy."

So can someone please explain the racism here?
She didn't claim it was racism, either.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 10:16:55 AM »
I didn't see anywhere in anything you quoted that she claimed to be mistaken for a Target employee.

You're right, but I'm confused as to why else she would now cite this story as an example of racism. She's claiming that the woman asked for her help because she is black, right? That she wouldn't have asked a white woman for help? That doesn't make any sense.

It seems likely that the reason the woman asked for help is exactly as Michelle described it to Letterman - she's tall, the other woman was short. The woman even joked "you didn't have to make it look so easy."

You think People Magazine just randomly decided to insert this story into its article titled "The Obamas: How We Deal with Our Own Racist Experiences"? I guess that's possible. Seems like a stretch.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 10:17:42 AM »
liberal media :shakesfist:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 10:19:45 AM »
Why does K-S-U read People magazine?  Seems weird.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 10:19:52 AM »
I always LOL at people outraged by media they don't watch/listen to/read. OH MAN I'M SO MAD AT (fox news, MSNBC, Rush, Hannity, People mag, NY Times, etc). Who gives a crap about People magazine? Dentist office waiting room people maybe?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 10:21:54 AM »

You think People Magazine just randomly decided to insert this story into its article titled "The Obamas: How We Deal with Our Own Racist Experiences"? I guess that's possible. Seems like a stretch.
When's the last time you clicked on a people magazine link before today?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
The implication is clearly there that mistaking MO has a store employee was in fact racism.

That's what we've become; innocuous, every day things that happen all across the country every day, are somehow racist if the situation occurs to certain people.

A sorry state of affairs.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
It was a pretty weak example of racism.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2014, 10:27:50 AM »
The implication is clearly there that mistaking MO has a store employee was in fact racism.

That's what we've become; innocuous, every day things that happen all across the country every day, are somehow racist if the situation occurs to certain people.

The implication wasn't there, and nobody mistook her for an employee.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »

The implication wasn't there, and nobody mistook her for an employee.

Okay then

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2014, 10:29:33 AM »
I was mistaken for a target employee once. I was wearing khaki shorts and a red polo, and some lady came up to me and asked if we had something (don't remember what she was looking for). I just shrugged my shoulders and said I have no idea. The lady looked angry and probably told the manager about me.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2014, 10:30:09 AM »
how much of your last paycheck do you guys think moochelle funneled into this puff piece coming out on that liberal rag? :curse:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2014, 10:30:35 AM »
I think the implication is there.  I would imagine most people would intuitively make that link reading the story as written.  However, the onus is on the author(s) of the piece.  It was either lazy or dishonest.  Or both.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2014, 10:31:05 AM »
I was mistaken for a target employee once. I was wearing khaki shorts and a red polo, and some lady came up to me and asked if we had something (don't remember what she was looking for). I just shrugged my shoulders and said I have no idea. The lady looked angry and probably told the manager about me.
:lol:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2014, 10:40:21 AM »
I dunno but this target story makes me think she'd be pretty boring IRL. I mean, its the boringest story ever.

My favorite first lady OAT remains the same:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2014, 10:42:39 AM »
Barbara bush had a radio show on Sunday mornings where she would read to kids. I think it was on NPR maybe. Very great. I listened to it sometimes.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2014, 10:44:01 AM »
First lady has to be about the worst job on the planet. That is a good point, CF3. Imagine planning an entire day around a trip to Target. It would be like living in Meade and planning a big Saturday shopping in Dodge City.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2014, 10:46:32 AM »
yeah its a pretty lame job. i think i would hate being a famous person honestly.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2014, 10:59:15 AM »
First lady has to be about the worst job on the planet. That is a good point, CF3. Imagine planning an entire day around a trip to Target. It would be like living in Meade and planning a big Saturday shopping in Dodge City.

LOL, Moooochelle and her girls are constantly flying around the world to shop on the taxpayer dime while BO golfs.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2014, 11:07:20 AM »
Goddamnit libtards, stop defending this pathetic bullshit. JFC
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »

Man, the libtards really retreated quickly to their last possible defense of "well, nobody reads that stuff anyway."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2014, 11:51:14 AM »

Man, the libtards really retreated quickly to their last possible defense of "well, nobody reads that stuff anyway."

Is Kendall pregnant?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2014, 11:56:17 AM »

People is probably the most read magazine in the world.