Author Topic: Official NBA Thread  (Read 157758 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Official NBA Thread
« Reply #2201 on: February 09, 2023, 04:05:44 PM »
:runaway:

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: February 11, 2023, 10:30:27 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: February 11, 2023, 10:37:52 PM »
:lol:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: February 11, 2023, 10:40:55 PM »
holy crap :sdeek:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: February 12, 2023, 01:13:56 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: February 13, 2023, 09:48:11 AM »

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: February 13, 2023, 10:23:51 AM »
i didn't mean that in a bad way. them talking about lebron while he's sitting right freaking there is both super awkward and hilarious.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: February 13, 2023, 10:27:38 AM »
i didn't mean that in a bad way. them talking about lebron while he's sitting right freaking there is both super awkward and hilarious.

yeah it is very strange and kinda cringey. I'm not mad but it made me uncomfortable lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: February 13, 2023, 10:39:51 AM »

yeah it is very strange and kinda cringey. I'm not mad but it made me uncomfortable lol

My apologies, stunted.

It was wholesome a.f. to me. I can't imagine the wild crap the players have heard and seen with the fans sitting literally right next to them. Bro was clearly 100% unfazed by that 12 year old fanning out.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: February 13, 2023, 10:42:32 AM »
I'm more referring to the interview when he's sitting right there. Regardless it ain't that deep.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: February 13, 2023, 11:11:14 AM »
I'm more referring to the interview when he's sitting right there. Regardless it ain't that deep.

Yeah, I know I was saying that he's probably well skilled at tuning conversations out that happens in those seats. Remember this one :ROFL:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: February 13, 2023, 12:56:18 PM »

Yeah, I know I was saying that he's probably well skilled at tuning conversations out that happens in those seats. Remember this one :ROFL:

I forgot Spade was there next to Rock haha
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: February 14, 2023, 11:40:01 AM »
was def wholesome but espn gonna espn

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: February 25, 2023, 10:06:18 PM »
Holy crap, and lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: February 26, 2023, 03:45:12 PM »
How did you guys pick your fav NBA team?  All my other sports rooting interests are geography based.  The Timberwolves would be my best option I suppose, because I spend increasingly more time in MN.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: February 26, 2023, 03:48:06 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: February 27, 2023, 12:53:13 AM »
How did you guys pick your fav NBA team?  All my other sports rooting interests are geography based.  The Timberwolves would be my best option I suppose, because I spend increasingly more time in MN.

I've had about half the league at one time or another as a favorite NBA team and it's always tied to a player. I currently don't have a favorite but in my lifetime that mantle has gone to, in order
Philadelphia
Chicago
Phoenix
Minnesota
Boston
Minnesota again
Oklahoma City
Golden State
I'd love to pick New Orleans as my new favorite, but the big boy can't stay on the court

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: February 27, 2023, 08:26:24 AM »

I picked mine out of spite.  It was '93 everyone loved the Bulls so I became a Suns fan.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: February 27, 2023, 08:37:28 AM »

I picked mine out of spite.  It was '93 everyone loved the Bulls so I became a Suns fan.
I was a Knicks fan back then for the same reason. Since then golden state is my favorite but only because of Steph. Who cares if he's not there.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: February 27, 2023, 10:01:48 AM »
If you’re compelled to pick a team, pick whichever ownership group you like best.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: February 27, 2023, 10:14:17 AM »
i don't even pick a team or watch games, i just follow the drama

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: March 25, 2023, 10:23:05 AM »
I’d put this in the proper nowell thread but don’t want to take away from the games there.

DALLAS -- The home crowd loudly booed at the American Airlines Center during a timeout midway through the third quarter Friday night, when the Dallas Mavericks trailed the Charlotte Hornets by 18 points.

"We probably should have been booed in the first quarter," Mavericks coach Jason Kidd said after a 117-109 loss to an undermanned Charlotte team that dropped Dallas (36-38) to 11th place in the Western Conference standings, a spot out of the play-in scenario.

Dallas is 7-12 since All-Star guard Kyrie Irving joined the team following a blockbuster trade with the Brooklyn Nets that Mavs management hoped would boost their chances to contend this season. That includes 3-7 when Irving and Doncic, who have both dealt with nagging injuries, are in the starting lineup together.

Irving scoffed at what he called "the pretty words that sports loves to put in, like hope and concern," saying that an adjustment period was anticipated after a major midseason trade. The injuries to Doncic and Irving, who has missed a total of four games due to right foot soreness, have complicated that process.

Nevertheless, Irving attributed the Mavs' poor start against the Hornets to a lack of energy.

"We're a very poised group on days where I feel like we put in the best effort, and then on days where kind of the energy falters or we don't start off well or the offense isn't going or people aren't making shots, there could be some emotional pulling in other directions that can dictate the outcome of games," said Irving, who had 18 points, nine rebounds and seven assists but shot poorly (6 of 16 from the floor, including 1 of 8 from 3-point range).

"And we're still feeling each other out in a way of getting used to each other's efforts and attitudes and temperament. And that's a real thing. That's a human thing. That's a human element. Whether people believe it in basketball or not, there's a very fine line between winning basketball games and everyone being on the same page and losing basketball games and things splintering and pointing fingers."

As much as Kidd considered the boos deserved, Irving considered the fans' reaction to be irrelevant.

"So? So what? Just the way I feel about it," Irving said. "I've been in New York City, so I know what that's like. You obviously want to play well, but it's only five people on the court that can play for the Dallas Mavericks. If the fans want to change places, then hey, be my guest. Got years of work ahead to be great enough to be on this level. But our focus isn't necessarily on the boos. It should be on our performance and just being there for each other."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35940160/mavs-booed-jason-kidd-calls-effort-luka-doncic-admits-frustrations

https://twitter.com/dameshek/status/1639320924888637440

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: March 25, 2023, 12:07:37 PM »
I'm surprised that Dameshek didn't do that in a blaccent while mixing in some ebonics. Growth. Onward and upward.