Author Topic: Content Tracker  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Content Tracker
« on: June 09, 2014, 03:11:40 PM »
As of today Chrome as been opening content tracking ads in new tabs when I click links. It may or may not be exclusive to this site. I haven't been able to make it deliberately trigger elsewhere.

Usually I can find a solution myself, but no luck. What in the eff is going on? It's really rough ridin' annoying.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Content Tracker
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »
As of today Chrome as been opening content tracking ads in new tabs when I click links. It may or may not be exclusive to this site. I haven't been able to make it deliberately trigger elsewhere.

Usually I can find a solution myself, but no luck. What in the eff is going on? It's really rough ridin' annoying.

I use chrome and don't have this happen. virus?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 11:15:23 PM »

Some sort of malware/virus. I did some research, addressed an issue with my adware cleaner not updating and it fixed the issue after I ran it.

The Big Train

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 06:16:32 PM »

Some sort of malware/virus. I did some research, addressed an issue with my adware cleaner not updating and it fixed the issue after I ran it.

If it ever happens again these are both great at preventing that crap

https://www.malwarebytes.org/
https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome