Author Topic: Surgery  (Read 16667 times)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Surgery
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2014, 08:45:20 PM »
In recliner for near future. Pain sucks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

@mikec2w

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2014, 12:04:49 AM »
In recliner for near future. Pain sucks.

:frown: I hope recovery goes quick.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2014, 12:15:46 AM »
My mom just had the same surgery! DNR thread but get not of those "polar cooler" machines if you haven't already. Find a great recliner.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2014, 01:31:47 AM »
T's and P's if u got the surgery done in Lawrence/Topeka/manhattan

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2014, 08:35:18 AM »
So I'm having shoulder surgery tomorrow to fix my rotator cuff. Any of you dudes been through that?  Any advice?   I'm drinking heavily tonight to prepare. :cheers:

Good luck friend.  You can fill me in over some drinks and painkillers soon.  I might not be too far away from having this done also. 
What the hell are you guys doing to your shoulders? Mine are in tip top shape. #fanningbrag

Looking over them for the first mile of a 2-mile race.

:lol:  Well played. 

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2014, 11:36:53 AM »
Almost a month into recovery.  Still have to use a sling most of the time for a couple more weeks.  Still sleeping in a recliner most of the time due to waking up every couple of hours in bed due to weird pressure on joint.  Crossing fingers that all of this bullshit will be worth it and I can get fully recovered.  Wish I could start therapy now so I can regain use of my arm ASAP..  :impatient: 

Pro-tip:  Learn to do certain things with your non-dominant hand before surgery. 
@mikec2w

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2014, 11:59:26 AM »
hello yes im here for the surgery talk. ive had a lot of surgeries some good some bad. im guessing you are past the blocked up part but that is the worst thing about sugery

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »
tonsils out when I was 5. threw up blood like 5 times because I had apparently swallowed so much blood after my surgery. DOSE POPSICLES DOE.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2014, 02:53:33 PM »
I have had a cyst in my left wrist for years that I have long considered having surgery to remove but then I always decide against it.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2014, 03:49:05 PM »
I have had a cyst in my left wrist for years that I have long considered having surgery to remove but then I always decide against it.
dobber jr has this as well. Sometimes it looks bigger than others. You can't see it unless he shows it to you (it's not like a bowling ball or something, I mean, this dobber jr we are talking about. No deformities. It's in the genes...complete handsomeness.)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2014, 05:23:02 PM »
Hit it with a big hardback book. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2014, 05:25:44 PM »
Hit it with a big hardback book.

I think those are usually on the back of the hand, not the wrist.

Doc told me about these about 10 yrs ago.  Said they used to be called Bible Cysts.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2014, 05:35:37 PM »
counterstrike cysts. you had bad computer desk and keyboard ergo, hemmy.

Offline Teddy_Westside

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2014, 10:40:50 PM »
dobber jr has this as well. Sometimes it looks bigger than others. You can't see it unless he shows it to you (it's not like a bowling ball or something, I mean, this dobber jr we are talking about. No deformities. It's in the genes...complete handsomeness.)

I had one on my right wrist when I was younger.  Had it surgically removed before the beginning of my sophomore year and recovery wasn't that long.  I played tennis on it for the rest of high school year round with only one small flare up that went away on its own.  Haven't had any issues what so ever since.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2014, 11:11:01 PM »

I had one on my right wrist when I was younger.  Had it surgically removed before the beginning of my sophomore year and recovery wasn't that long.  I played tennis on it for the rest of high school year round with only one small flare up that went away on its own.  Haven't had any issues what so ever since.

I've had like cortisone shots and stuff but that just shrinks it for about 6 months then it comes back. Kind of lazy to get the surgery.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2014, 01:00:02 PM »
My best advice, try really hard not to get addicted to your pain meds

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »
Also, hope your recovery goes well. Sounds like you had a hell of an operation.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2014, 01:06:02 PM »
When I was 7 my ear didn't work so they took out all my ear bones and made them not so shitty and put them back in my ear. True story.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2014, 01:17:56 PM »
My mom just had the same surgery! DNR thread but get not of those "polar cooler" machines if you haven't already. Find a great recliner.

I'm pretty sure I've met EMAWmeister's mom when she was walking her dog.  :horrorsurprise:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »

I'm pretty sure I've met EMAWmeister's mom when she was walking her dog.  :horrorsurprise:

Where/what kind of dog?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2014, 01:20:12 PM »

Sort of a brown houndish looking kind of dog?  Around 83rd and Pflumn-ish.  Shoulder length or shorter blonde hair (your maybe mom)?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2014, 01:22:24 PM »

Sort of a brown houndish looking kind of dog?  Around 83rd and Pflumn-ish.  Shoulder length or shorter blonde hair (your maybe mom)?

:sdeek:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2014, 01:30:20 PM »

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »
emo, no!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2014, 01:32:44 PM »

Haha.  I've seen her/talked to her a couple times with who I assume is her husband/your dad and the dog, and then one time it was just her and no dog and I was like "hey where's the dog?" and she says she had shoulder surgery and the dog pulls too much.  Coupled that with the Lenexa locale and I found your post in the goEMAW dogs thread and boom CASE CLOSED!

(Guys remember I'm like a really nice neighbor and enjoy talking to people when I'm mowing the lawn so this is one of those instances.  :D)