Author Topic: Snyder on Petro  (Read 5828 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Snyder on Petro
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:08:04 PM »
From the noon hour -
http://www.810whb.com/podcasts

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

catzacker

Re: Snyder on Petro
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 03:30:58 PM »
Just so people don't have to waste their time, a recap:

- cyberspace
 - snyds doesn't care about the athletic department not having any money, schedule needs to change
 - daniel thomas is good
 - OL has chemistry
 - snyds thought suh was a garbage player

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »

Please elaborate (feel free to make crap up).
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »
- snyds doesn't care about the athletic department not having any money, schedule needs to change

If Currie buckles on this, I may have a superb meltdown.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

catzacker

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »

Snyder told a story about how before the Big12CG Mack Brown called him and asked about NU.  So snyds says that he didn’t think that suh was as good as everyone said he is because he didn’t get that much pressure on us (then said it was because schematically nu was trying to get pressure from the de’s).  So then after the B12CG, mack texts him and calls him an idiot.

I'm debating whether snyds did this intentionally due to the CTR.....though I think snyds evaluation of DT talent over the last decade leads me to believe he actually thought suh wasn't that good.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 05:27:28 PM »
outstanding
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 06:12:04 PM »

Snyder told a story about how before the Big12CG Mack Brown called him and asked about NU.  So snyds says that he didn’t think that suh was as good as everyone said he is because he didn’t get that much pressure on us (then said it was because schematically nu was trying to get pressure from the de’s).  So then after the B12CG, mack texts him and calls him an idiot.

I'm debating whether snyds did this intentionally due to the CTR.....though I think snyds evaluation of DT talent over the last decade leads me to believe he actually thought suh wasn't that good.

:lol:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 07:53:07 PM »

:cockshotgun,takeoldmanoutback:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »
Love how people want to have a badass OOC schedule AND go to a bowl game.  We couldn't beat LaLa in September last year folks.

Let's just make sure we win some games in the OOC.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 11:36:58 AM »
Love how people want to have a badass OOC schedule AND go to a bowl game.  We couldn't beat LaLa in September last year folks.

Let's just make sure we win some games in the OOC.

I'm not saying anything of the kind.  Here is my position:

1. Anything that hurts basketball can shazbot! off.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.   :driving:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 01:59:29 PM »
I love how Powetards always say stuff like, "Oh gosh, we don't want to get all beat up playing somebody like Miami or Oregon."

Really?  So everybody else we play is doesn't block or tackle or hit anyone??  Nobody else besides Miami or Oregon is capable of rolling up on a key players ankle?? 

While I agree it may be a bit much to have Oregon and Miami on the schedule in the same year.   There's absolutely no reason/excuse to drop those games entirely . . . none.   

K-State can't afford to pay $900K to chowder puff U like Michigan or Tennessee can.   Play the games!!

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
Well one thing is for certain, Snyders scheduling philsophy didn't work the first time around....no reason to believe it will work this time.  Who gives a sh$t about 11 win seasons, top 10 rankings and big time bowl games if you aren't playing anyone out of conference.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »
And while I'm at it, Frank Martin better get off his ass and figure out how to get some big time 5 star talent in here.  These 3 star jokes that peter out in the Elite 8 need to go.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 02:22:36 PM »
I love how Powetards always say stuff like, "Oh gosh, we don't want to get all beat up playing somebody like Miami or Oregon."

Really?  So everybody else we play is doesn't block or tackle or hit anyone??  Nobody else besides Miami or Oregon is capable of rolling up on a key players ankle?? 

While I agree it may be a bit much to have Oregon and Miami on the schedule in the same year.   There's absolutely no reason/excuse to drop those games entirely . . . none.   

K-State can't afford to pay $900K to chowder puff U like Michigan or Tennessee can.   Play the games!!

youre better then this post dax
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline William Quantrill

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 03:18:50 PM »
Well one thing is for certain, Snyders scheduling philsophy didn't work the first time around....no reason to believe it will work this time.  Who gives a sh$t about 11 win seasons, top 10 rankings and big time bowl games if you aren't playing anyone out of conference.

Please elaborate....

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 03:35:20 PM »
Well left to his own devices (re: scheduling), Snyders gonna have us right back where we were...winning games, challenging for Big 12 titles and going to bowl games.  Now Ron Prince had the balls to play a big time schedule!

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 03:41:45 PM »
ISWT  :kstatriot:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 03:44:55 PM »
It's brewing...

Offline William Quantrill

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
Well left to his own devices (re: scheduling), Snyders gonna have us right back where we were...winning games, challenging for Big 12 titles and going to bowl games.  Now Ron Prince had the balls to play a big time schedule!

So how does Snyder's scheduling not work?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 05:12:42 PM »
:facepalm: to EVERYONE

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 09:06:32 PM »
It's a 12 f_cking game schedule now you pussified Mary's.   That's FOUR non con games for those keeping score at home.

Say uh, tell me who did K-State play in the non conference that year they won the Big 12 Championship??

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 09:57:55 PM »
Cal - 7-6 final record
Troy State
McNeese State
U Mass
Marshall

So basically 5 nobody patsies (although we managed to lose to Marshall)

So if your point is we should play another schedule like 2003, I'm all for it!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 10:41:05 PM »
Here's the deal:

ITS NOT THE LATE 90'S ANYMORE

We simply cannot afford to buy wins like we used to.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »
I don't consider Cal a patsy.

Plus I should have said 2002.   I guess beating USC cost us that ballgame at CU.

Plus, what part of we don't need to play Oregon AND Miami in the same year don't you understand??

But there's no reason or excuse to drop them both from the schedule entirely . . . as I said.

Now, if you're prepared to personally increase your Ahearn fund donation by $10K, and all the other "we shouldn't play anybody that might be good in the OOC" types are willing to increase their donation by $10K a year . . .  than sure we could probably fill up our schedules with cream puffs looking for $5-$600K plus pay days.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:48:12 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 07:50:47 AM »
Yeah. I wouldn't mind three non-con creampuffs plus an Oregon or Miami. Not ideal, but would be okay once we got back to average.