Author Topic: How did gE do it?  (Read 8687 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How did gE do it?
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »
Have Katdaddy hold a class on how to be a great poster. Don't allow anyone to post on WtW until they have certification that they have taken said class.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 12:59:57 PM »
In general, K-State fans have a sense of camaraderie that is simply lacking with most KU fans.  That's basically why WTW doesn't work.  There's no sense of community... it's just a few snarky posters who act like they're above everyone else (see: Spracne).

No idea why you are pursuing this beef.  I mostly leave you alone because picking on you feels like battering a woman.   :th_twocents:

Case in point.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 01:01:06 PM »
In general, K-State fans have a sense of camaraderie that is simply lacking with most KU fans.  That's basically why WTW doesn't work.  There's no sense of community... it's just a few snarky posters who act like they're above everyone else (see: Spracne).

No idea why you are pursuing this beef.  I mostly leave you alone because picking on you feels like battering a woman.   :th_twocents:

Case in point.

Are you suggesting that women are inferior? :nono:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 01:04:54 PM »

Case in point.

No, but kudos on your experience with battering women.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 01:09:27 PM »

Case in point.

You would be welcomed with open arms, OregonSmock.  Your passion for KU is peerless.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 01:10:17 PM »

Case in point.

Well,

He does follow ku athletics and battering women is a common theme/occurrence in Lawrence.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2014, 01:17:57 PM »
Have you guys forgotten what the T in TSC stands for? I think so.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2014, 01:26:27 PM »
Have you guys forgotten what the T in TSC stands for? I think so.

Yes, which goes back to my point about camaraderie.  K-State fans are all in on K-State athletics, and they stick by each other.  You guys make each other better posters.  KU fans rarely ever have each other's backs, and consistently fight with each other.  Spracne has rarely, if ever, come to my defense as a KU fan on a K-State message board.  In fact, he usually joins in on the bullying and the groupthink that ensues whenever I ruffle someone's feathers.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »
Not sure why you want to make every thread about me, but let me ask you this:  Would you tell a tree to stop being a tree?  Would you ask a dog to become a cat?  No matter how much you argue with folks here, you won't change the loyalty in their heart.  It's a fruitless endeavor.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2014, 01:36:03 PM »
I prefer exclusivity and elitism.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2014, 01:38:53 PM »
Not sure why you want to make every thread about me, but let me ask you this:  Would you tell a tree to stop being a tree?  Would you ask a dog to become a cat?  No matter how much you argue with folks here, you won't change the loyalty in their heart.  It's a fruitless endeavor.

You're making a lot of assumptions here.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2014, 01:42:36 PM »
The gE secret:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2014, 01:45:54 PM »
1.You guys ahould pick a beef with some old school media guy that most of your fans follow religiously but is really a huge dumbass.

2. Wave some wheat

3. Profit

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2014, 01:47:57 PM »
1.You guys ahould pick a beef with some old school media guy that most of your fans follow religiously but is really a huge dumbass.

2. Wave some wheat

3. Profit

Shay at Jayhawk Slant is already worse than Fitz, if you can believe it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »

2. Wave some wheat

3. Profit

Shay at Jayhawk Slant is already worse than Fitz, if you can believe it.

On to step two, you guys!

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2014, 02:14:48 PM »
If Fitz went to ku he'd be like that shay guy.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
We have it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 03:50:07 PM »
Someone from WTW needs to find some zeal and press the #KUGroupthink on twitter hard but without one of the tweeters getting sued by Joe Davis.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 06:12:43 PM »
goEMAW.com has an amazing assortment of people with great wit, people who are ITK, people who are very talented with videos and shops, people who don't go all OMG BEWBS all the time, and mods who firmly believe in self-policing. That's a rare combo and I don't think you can just snap your fingers and create it at your whim

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2014, 06:24:02 PM »
ku doesn't have the turmoil that is necessary to separate good bbs'ers from the masses. there is apathy in one sport and dominance in the other. great bbs'ing comes from .500 seasons where there is week to week excitement and speculation. ksu had a lot of those seasons from 04-09.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2014, 06:59:55 PM »
ku doesn't have the turmoil that is necessary to separate good bbs'ers from the masses. there is apathy in one sport and dominance in the other. great bbs'ing comes from .500 seasons where there is week to week excitement and speculation. ksu had a lot of those seasons from 04-09.

Thank god.  The other would be boring as hell imo.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2014, 01:55:01 PM »
just from my unique set of skills i would like to point out that the cooking thread is pretty meh and they don't even have a separate bbq/grill thread

KISS OF DEATH

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »
Three things WtW has working against it:

1. The more creative posters from the phog who broke off and formed WtW were at their best when they were faced with controversy (i.e. TomLight being a dumbass/racist/fascist/WuShock). That controversy has been taken away and they've sat on their laurels as a result.

2. No Missouri posters there to rile up anyone. We did some half-assed attempts but they're too familiar with gE's tactics to really get all that angry when we try to troll.

3. Basically WtW never totally broke off from the Phog culture in general. Which is mostly why when they get sizable numbers of KU tuck refugees from the Scout network going down those posters essentially go back to the Phog after Scout gets fixed because despite its terribleness the Phog still has two draws: 1. Massive KU groupthink and 2. Sheer numbers. All WtW offers to them is the ability to cuss, criticize the team/programs, and make photoshops that TomLight would consider risque (and they don't really do the latter anymore), none of which KU tucks really want all that much. If they want to become a larger force in the longer term they have to start recruiting more wacky(squawk) personalities and forging their own brand, but they've been focused on picking off Phog and (to a much lesser extent) KUSports posters which was imo to their long term detriment.

When gE was formed after the matt scott/ksufans controversy it already had two things going for it: 1. A distinct culture that had very little bleeding over between it and GPC/KStateFans despite their common backgrounds and 2. A sizable community. WtW had neither.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2014, 09:02:55 PM »
gif thread.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2014, 11:01:01 PM »
No @ksuboobs to side track us