Author Topic: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)  (Read 213400 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)
« Reply #2925 on: August 20, 2020, 10:13:50 PM »
So I’ve gotten back into the sports card hobby a bit. How good are these  Tatis and Luis Robert fellows? Their cards are absolutely on fire.

Tatis is a legit star, LuRo, we'll see, dude has played like 25 major league games.

I’m not a baseball nut, but I think tatis has the potential to be the goat.  He is unreal talented.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: August 20, 2020, 11:46:11 PM »
I listened to the A's with headphones and they were laying the Tom Hanks audio on thick tonight

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: August 21, 2020, 09:22:28 AM »
So I’ve gotten back into the sports card hobby a bit. How good are these  Tatis and Luis Robert fellows? Their cards are absolutely on fire.

Tatis is a legit star, LuRo, we'll see, dude has played like 25 major league games.

I’m not a baseball nut, but I think tatis has the potential to be the goat.  He is unreal talented.

The (likely?) GOAT plays a little further north in California.  Tatis is phenomenal though.  The White Sox traded him for a washed up James Shields LOL.
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: August 21, 2020, 02:19:15 PM »

The (likely?) GOAT plays a little further north in California.  Tatis is phenomenal though.  The White Sox traded him for a washed up James Shields LOL.

His early plate numbers are similar if not flat better than Trout. I don't know about his fielding though. Unless of course you're calling Mookie Betts the goat then yeah, I agree that Tatis won't be as good as Mookie.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: August 21, 2020, 02:30:07 PM »

His early plate numbers are similar if not flat better than Trout. I don't know about his fielding though. Unless of course you're calling Mookie Betts the goat then yeah, I agree that Tatis won't be as good as Mookie.
They are similar for sure. Trout debuted a bit younger. Betts is great, but wasn’t great until quite a bit older than Trout or Tatis Jr.

I hope Tatis keeps it up, he’s so fun to watch. He’s pretty average defensively, he’ll probably move to 3rd, and I doubt he ends up on the level of Trout and (below him) Betts.

Between Tatis, Acuña and Soto there is some exciting, great young talent in baseball right now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: August 21, 2020, 02:44:38 PM »

They are similar for sure. Trout debuted a bit younger. Betts is great, but wasn’t great until quite a bit older than Trout or Tatis Jr.

I hope Tatis keeps it up, he’s so fun to watch. He’s pretty average defensively, he’ll probably move to 3rd, and I doubt he ends up on the level of Trout and (below him) Betts.

Between Tatis, Acuña and Soto there is some exciting, great young talent in baseball right now.

Cross post. Pay for play is pricing potential young American stars from the sport.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: August 21, 2020, 02:57:35 PM »

Cross post. Pay for play is pricing potential young American stars from the sport.
Yep. For all the pitfalls of the AAU setup and the handlers and grifters associated, it is set up much better than baseball in this regard.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: August 21, 2020, 10:05:55 PM »
Even the second tier of young talent is pretty great.  Vlad Jr, Cavan Biggio, Eloy, Pete Alonso
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: August 23, 2020, 06:50:54 PM »
Baseball, what the hell are you even doing?

https://twitter.com/jerdbertly/status/1297576918796181504

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: August 23, 2020, 06:52:21 PM »
Baseball, what the gel are you even doing?

https://twitter.com/jerdbertly/status/1297576918796181504

I have an embarrassing number of screenshots like that on my phone because of the political facebook thread

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: August 23, 2020, 06:53:03 PM »
I IMMEDIATELY delete them after I post them for this very reason

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: August 23, 2020, 09:25:51 PM »
mich, what filter you running to turn hell into gel?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: August 23, 2020, 09:41:04 PM »
mich, what filter you running to turn hell into gel?
No idea

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: August 25, 2020, 07:36:40 AM »
That's how you avoid being thrown out
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: August 26, 2020, 12:36:54 AM »
The piped in crowd noise at this LA @ SF game matches the magnitude of the moment really well.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: August 30, 2020, 07:20:29 PM »
Hey chingon you remember that time diaz came into the last inning of a game with 2 out and a 5 run lead and won the game? Yeah, me neither. I just don't even know what to say at this point

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: August 31, 2020, 01:22:11 AM »
I watched the end of both of those subway series games and both finishes were as shocking of a thing that I've seen in baseball in a long time.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #2943 on: August 31, 2020, 09:00:03 AM »
Hey chingon you remember that time diaz came into the last inning of a game with 2 out and a 5 run lead and won the game? Yeah, me neither. I just don't even know what to say at this point
I'd love to know what the Mets think is going to change.  It's not going to suddenly fix itself.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: August 31, 2020, 02:54:12 PM »
i think they should have kept lugo as the closer and went out and found another starter. i mean yeah who would have thought at the beginning of spring training that noah and stroman would be out for the entire season (other than, you know, its the mets, when don't they have a everyone injured) but lugo can't go more than around 50 pitches anyway so like, why bother?

Sometimes diaz can manage if its the start of an inning, but if he inherits runners you can put it on the board at least one of them is going to score.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: September 30, 2020, 03:21:47 PM »
I haven't watched an ESPN broadcast this year and they are interviewing Mark Canha while he's fielding in a playoff game and it's blowing my mind

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: September 30, 2020, 03:26:04 PM »
It was really cool btw, I'm all for it but like they were asking questions as the pitches were going in. :lol:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: September 30, 2020, 04:44:13 PM »
Idk how anyone can be a twins fan at this point

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: September 30, 2020, 06:22:39 PM »
It's the most confounding streak in sports, there's literally no explanation. I've been to a few games at Target Field, they were from the absolute best home field advantage, to as sterile as a baseball environment that I've ever seen, nice stadium though. Anyway, you'd think they would have managed a 2-0 shut out at some point.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: October 01, 2020, 11:58:40 AM »
holy crap they've lost 9 straight playoff series and 18 straight playoff games  :sdeek: