Author Topic: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)  (Read 213529 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Woof
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I never understood players that put their pants all the way under their cleats. I rolled mine up to my knees every game with my high socks and I felt like a total stud doing it.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Yea, gross. Look, he's stepping on the rough ridin' hem like they're his cousin's hand-me-downs.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Alex Gordon is pretty much the ideal player all around. Great D, good hitter, elite arm, smart baserunner, hard worker, good guy in the community, he really has only one flaw.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Alex Gordon is pretty much the ideal player all around. Great D, good hitter, elite arm, smart baserunner, hard worker, good guy in the community, he really has only one flaw.

He doesn't know how to wear his pants.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
@robneyer: I am thrilled to report that @nwanaturals are UNIFORMLY stirrupped tonight in North Little Rock.

:love:

Hoping for pics later

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Stirrups are so dorky
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I know a thing or two about dressing dorky, and those are super dorky
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline RockState2000

• Fan
    • View Profile
Meh, I am a stirrup dork, but I do think Alex somehow pulls off his 'look'. Maybe I'm just all  :love: for him though.

104.6 mph is just silly... like ridiculous.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/arolids-chapman-broke-104-m-p-h-on-his-fastball-last-night/

The Big Train

Meh, I am a stirrup dork, but I do think Alex somehow pulls off his 'look'. Maybe I'm just all  :love: for him though.

104.6 mph is just silly... like ridiculous.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/29/arolids-chapman-broke-104-m-p-h-on-his-fastball-last-night/

When he came into the league after he defected from Cuba, there were reports he hit 106 mph.  Now at the time, that was a simply impossible number, studies done on the human body have about capped it at 102ish.  Each extra mph is exponential stress on the elbow and shoulder so I didn't think this was possible.

I watched several youtube vids of him pitching from behind a cage and damn, it was quick.  If you watch him pitch it doesn't look over 100 mph coming out of his hand.  Granted he is tall and he covers extra ground to the plate that most don't, but with having seen him pitch more and more.  I believe 106 is real, and having less innings on him when it was alleged, I believe it now. 

From a human body perspective he should not be able to generate that much torque to achieve that speed.  Then again, the body can do amazing things.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
You guys sound like old dorks complaining about the no-elastic, baggy pants look. Sure, most of us 25-35 probably prefer the high-socks look, but guess what. When we started pulling our pants high the old dorks from the long and tight era were boo-hooing us. Same with the mid-calf guys from the 80s before them.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You guys sound like old dorks complaining about the no-elastic, baggy pants look. Sure, most of us 25-35 probably prefer the high-socks look, but guess what. When we started pulling our pants high the old dorks from the long and tight era were boo-hooing us. Same with the mid-calf guys from the 80s before them.

nuh uh, you're an old dork.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

nuh uh, you're an old dork.

I like high pants and low and baggies. I'm old and like to convince myself that I'm cool and fashionable.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Indians players wear high socks tonight in nod to Justin Masterson, who was traded to Cardinals.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lester to A's for Cespedes  :Wha:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lester to A's for Cespedes  :Wha:

dayum!  :sdeek:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Holy schnikes!

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Oakland has acquired 60% of their starting rotation this month.  :surprised:

I think Boston got the better end of this deal*.

*Unless Oakland wins the World Series this year

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
congrats on your world series Krusty

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Who is going to stop them?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Who is going to stop them?

The Tigers.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)
« Reply #372 on: August 01, 2014, 07:43:24 PM »
Tigers absolutely have the better rotation, lot off those A's guys are also unproven in the stretch rub and the playoffs.

As a Red Sox fan I was thrilled with all of our trades, and even more happy that the Rays didn't get a damn thing for Price. It's hilarious to me that they could have had Cespedes and ended up with nothing. I'm sick of hearing about how smart their cheap ass front office is.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 01, 2014, 08:02:13 PM »
Tigers absolutely have the better rotation, lot off those A's guys are also unproven in the stretch rub and the playoffs.

As a Red Sox fan I was thrilled with all of our trades, and even more happy that the Rays didn't get a damn thing for Price. It's hilarious to me that they could have had Cespedes and ended up with nothing. I'm sick of hearing about how smart their cheap ass front office is.

MIR long term the Red Sox absolutely were the winners of the day yesterday. Honestly I'd love to be a fan of the Tigers/BoSox/A's/Rays/Orioles/BlueJays/Angels over the team I'm a fan of.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 03, 2014, 09:30:27 PM »

I heard talk they might sign Lester back after this year