Author Topic: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)  (Read 213496 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
I wish buck would retire
I hate him. Football, baseball, curling. Doesn't matter.
:adios:

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
i'll never forget him botching tyree's helmet catch in the Super Bowl. i've gotten more excited over a bowl of oat meal. like every morning of my life.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Wainwright admitted he was throwing BP pitches to Jeter.  :facepalm: Has any event ever forced the moment like tonight's ASG has?
remember when favre fell so strahan could get the sacks record? :ROFL:

you realize strahan had to beat his guy to even be in position to fall on favre right?

oh wait, i forgot, that was a football play and you don't really understand that stuff. nevermind.. carry on.
Man, he really beat the crap out of his guy!  :surprised: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C2W62HNNsc

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
"What's that Brett? Just stand there and don't do anything? Are you sure about that? Ok!"- Tight end  :lol:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
joe buck is the consummate professional

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
joe buck lost me when randy moss pretended to moon lambeau

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
If there were a punchable face club, Joe Buck wouldn't just be the president, he'd also be a client.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
Wainwright admitted he was throwing BP pitches to Jeter.  :facepalm: Has any event ever forced the moment like tonight's ASG has?
remember when favre fell so strahan could get the sacks record? :ROFL:

you realize strahan had to beat his guy to even be in position to fall on favre right?

oh wait, i forgot, that was a football play and you don't really understand that stuff. nevermind.. carry on.
Man, he really beat the crap out of his guy!  :surprised: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C2W62HNNsc

:flush:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
wacky is on to something here

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Big Jon Scambi I think would be great as the voice of baseball and the world series. How can we make this happen?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
I posted it in the motion picture thread, but if you have netflix you need to watch The Battered Bastards of Baseball.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/11257121/theo-epstein-chicago-cubs-gm-says-st-louis-cardinals-need-gift-draft-pick

Theo is absolutely right about this. The idea that the Cards get an EXTRA pick is crazy. They've been in the playoffs 10 times since 2000.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://regressing.deadspin.com/there-is-no-argument-bonds-was-the-best-ever-1610366016

I can't decide which of these stats is most impressive.
—If you turned every home run Bonds ever hit into an out, his career on base percentage would be .384, the same as Alex Rodriguez's.

—Bonds reached base just 330 fewer times than all-time leader Pete Rose, in 3,284 fewer plate appearances.

—Bonds made 85 fewer outs than Ken Griffey Jr. did in 1,302 more plate appearances.

—If Bonds were to return to the major leagues tomorrow, he would have to make 1,412 straight outs to drop his on base percentage below .400.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://regressing.deadspin.com/there-is-no-argument-bonds-was-the-best-ever-1610366016

—If you turned every home run Bonds ever hit into an out, his career on base percentage would be .384, the same as Alex Rodriguez's.

—Bonds reached base just 330 fewer times than all-time leader Pete Rose, in 3,284 fewer plate appearances.

—Bonds made 85 fewer outs than Ken Griffey Jr. did in 1,302 more plate appearances.

—If Bonds were to return to the major leagues tomorrow, he would have to make 1,412 straight outs to drop his on base percentage below .400.

eff congress.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

—Bonds had a career line of .393/.967/1.054 on 3-0 counts.

:sdeek:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

crap, with stats like those, no wonder he got a big head  :Wha:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
In 2004 Bonds had 120 intentional walks. The Royals single season record for walks is 122 by John Mayberry in 1973. 

The Royals single season records for OBP and SLUG were both set in 1980 by George with .454/.664. Bonds had 9 seasons of at least that OBP, and 7 seasons with a better slug.

The Royals have had six individual seasons with 100 walks (none since 1989). Bonds did that 14 times.

:bang:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well, Bonds was cheating basically his whole career.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Most of the league was too IMO.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

crap, with stats like those, no wonder he got a big head  :Wha:

They claim in "Game of Shadows" that there are only two ways for your head to grow in size after your growth plates have closed. The glandular disorder acromegaly and injecting human growth hormone. Barry didn't/ doesn't have acromegaly.  :runaway:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Most of the league was too IMO.

If everyone was jumping off a bridge, would Barry do that, too? I bet he would, and he would be the best at jumping off that bridge.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Don't care. Everyone should juice. MOAR DINGERS!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Don't care. Everyone should juice. MOAR DINGERS!

If we really want more dingers to be our goal, then we should just go ahead and give the players aluminum bats. That would be way better for the players than steroid use.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
I wish i was older when Sosa and Mcguire went off in 98.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
It was great Willie.