Author Topic: CIA undermined Senate Intelligence Committee investigation into interrogation...  (Read 1319 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Some background:
 - Feinstein had been an apologist for the intelligence community until this incident
 - Despite the CIA being under the executive office, Obama says “not something that is an appropriate role for me and the White House to wade into at this point.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/feinstein-cia-searched-intelligence-committee-computers/2014/03/11/982cbc2c-a923-11e3-8599-ce7295b6851c_story.html

tl;dr - The CIA is spying on and manipulating Congress and POTUS says "meh."

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Some background:
 - Feinstein had been an apologist for the intelligence community until this incident
 - Despite the CIA being under the executive office, Obama says “not something that is an appropriate role for me and the White House to wade into at this point.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/feinstein-cia-searched-intelligence-committee-computers/2014/03/11/982cbc2c-a923-11e3-8599-ce7295b6851c_story.html

The CIA was created by a Democrat (as was the NSA).   The CIA has thrived under democratic administrations, albeit some in the CIA thought Kennedy was going to bust them up because he was mad about Cuba.   Johnson used the CIA to spy on the anti-war movement and for the Phoenix Project in Vietnam amongst other things.

The CIA has thrived under the Obama administration.  The CIA was evil incarnate under the previous administration (because the previous administration was a Republican Administration), and it was the same story during the Reagan administration.

The CIA:  Thriving . . . as long as a Democrat is in the White House.

tl;dr - The CIA is spying on and manipulating Congress and POTUS says "meh."

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
jesus, dax. the problem is institutional, not political. obama should do something about it, but the fact that he hasn't has nothing to do with LBJ, you rough ridin' weirdo.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
It must be depressing to look at every issue in life through a two-party lens.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's not depressing at all when it comes to entities like the CIA. 

And LOL at anyone who doesn't think that this isn't a party issue.   When a Republican Administration is in office, Democrats make the circuit either on the hill or on the talking head shows every time they think the CIA has over stepped its bounds.

When a Democrat is in the Oval Office, if it weren't for a very few, very brave individuals we'd never know what the CIA was up to.   I will say that many Republicans are complicit in allowing this to happen, so in that sense, it is institutional.

When nothing less than the NYT's and AP is calling the current administration the most closed and least transparent administration in modern presidential history, that's in perfect lockstep with the "hands off" you're hearing from the Oval Office on this issue.

Sadly it appears that some on this board are too naive to understand all of this.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:58:26 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Could drive a person crazy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I am fully down with the fake left/right paradigm.

There are outliers, this is one of them.

If it were a Republican administration this issue would already have had articles impeachment being discussed both on the Hill and in the MSM filling the 24/7 cycle. 

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile

If it were a Republican administration this issue would already have had articles impeachment being discussed both on the Hill and in the MSM filling the 24/7 cycle.
:confused:

Feinstein is the one raising this issue. She is a Dem.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:confused:

Feinstein is the one raising this issue. She is a Dem.

She's taking it public because the CIA referred the issue to the FBI.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
I will say that many Republicans are complicit in allowing this to happen, so in that sense, it is institutional.

you don't say?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
jesus, dax. the problem is institutional, not political. obama should do something about it, but the fact that he hasn't has nothing to do with LBJ, you rough ridin' weirdo.

The problem is its only a problem when  (R) is president, you goddam dolt.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd