Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 366101 times)

Offline jashon01

• Cheap Air Tickets Booking
  • Fan
  • Cheap Airline Tickets - https://www.flightsbird.co
    • View Profile
    • Air Tickets Booking
Re: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread
« Reply #4600 on: April 30, 2019, 04:51:49 AM »
I loved that story.

Visit: https://www.flightsbird.com
Flightsbird's search features are standard for most online travel agencies. The initial homepage search for cheap flights booking where covers the basics like location, date and preferences.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: April 30, 2019, 06:31:25 AM »
virus do not click
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: April 30, 2019, 01:56:19 PM »
it would have been interesting to understand more about his origin or motivation or something

also, they probably should have just killed bran if that's all they wanted

That was all stated explicitly

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread
« Reply #4603 on: April 30, 2019, 03:34:53 PM »
The only real disappointment of the episode was how the night king suddenly became a giant dumbass. There’s no reason he had to personally kill Bran, but for some reason he just strolls into a castle with tons of still alive fighters and is like, ok everyone just watch me. No need to kill anyone else Im sure they’ll just watch too.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: April 30, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »
I think he hit his head when he fell off his dragon at 10,000 feet
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4605 on: April 30, 2019, 04:07:45 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #4606 on: April 30, 2019, 05:40:31 PM »
The only real disappointment of the episode was how the night king suddenly became a giant dumbass. There’s no reason he had to personally kill Bran, but for some reason he just strolls into a castle with tons of still alive fighters and is like, ok everyone just watch me. No need to kill anyone else Im sure they’ll just watch too.
Maybe he DID need to personally do it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: April 30, 2019, 07:31:06 PM »
Almost done with Season 6. Just suffered through the moronic Battle of the Bastards. Let’s walk through this. Ramsay cleverly uses Rickon as bait. So far, so good. Jon moronically rides right into range of the Bolton archers, even though the chances of Ramsay hitting a running Rickon at 50+ meters is minuscule. Then Ramsay does hit Rickon. Implausible, it whatever. I guess a world with dragons and zombies can also have mystically good archers. Fine.

Then, rather than Ramsay using his archers to mow down Jon - that was the whole friggin point - he delays for dramatic effect. By the time he looses the arrows Jon is charging the Bolton army. Then the rest of Jon’s army follows. Ok fine. So fight fight stab stab. Ramsay’s actual doing the sensible thing of using his archers to decimate both sides because he’s got the numbers. So yay Ramsay for being smart.

Then there’s this weird phalanx bit where the Bolton army somehow manages to completely encircle Jon’s army. What in the blue eff was that? Apparently the shoot ran long and over budget and this was the way they rectified that.

Then, when all hope is lost, LF and Sansa show up to save the day. There is not one single plausible reason why Sansa wouldn’t have told Jon about having a whole other army at the ready - but it’s gotta be a surprise for the audience, so ugh. What a shitty stupid sequence.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: April 30, 2019, 07:33:27 PM »
Almost done with Season 6. Just suffered through the moronic Battle of the Bastards. Let’s walk through this. Ramsay cleverly uses Rickon as bait. So far, so good. Jon moronically rides right into range of the Bolton archers, even though the chances of Ramsay hitting a running Rickon at 50+ meters is minuscule. Then Ramsay does hit Rickon. Implausible, it whatever. I guess a world with dragons and zombies can also have mystically good archers. Fine.

Then, rather than Ramsay using his archers to mow down Jon - that was the whole friggin point - he delays for dramatic effect. By the time he looses the arrows Jon is charging the Bolton army. Then the rest of Jon’s army follows. Ok fine. So fight fight stab stab. Ramsay’s actual doing the sensible thing of using his archers to decimate both sides because he’s got the numbers. So yay Ramsay for being smart.

Then there’s this weird phalanx bit where the Bolton army somehow manages to completely encircle Jon’s army. What in the blue eff was that? Apparently the shoot ran long and over budget and this was the way they rectified that.

Then, when all hope is lost, LF and Sansa show up to save the day. There is not one single plausible reason why Sansa wouldn’t have told Jon about having a whole other army at the ready - but it’s gotta be a surprise for the audience, so ugh. What a shitty stupid sequence.

o man just you wait

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: April 30, 2019, 07:39:21 PM »

Pretty sure this was an actual tactic used in actual battle.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: April 30, 2019, 07:43:31 PM »
And awesome

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: April 30, 2019, 07:53:20 PM »
Jon is pretty stupid

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: April 30, 2019, 08:06:40 PM »

Pretty sure this was an actual tactic used in actual battle.

Anyone that knows anything about ancient/medieval warfare (I know a very, very little) was super pissed about the battle in Sunday's episode.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, you don't fontal attack with a cavalry charge, you flank or charge during a route.

Whatever.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Anyone who has played Rome: Total war knows that.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Yeah but it looked cool which is more important

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
look, all of the very important characters go into battle wearing full armor but no helmet.  these guys aren't military geniuses.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If I watched I definitely would have been one of the people whining about how dark it was.  I hate that.  I whined and complained the whole time while watching the new Godzilla movie on TV about how I couldn't see anything.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, you don't fontal attack with a cavalry charge, you flank or charge during a route.

Whatever.

Well they all died pretty quick so that makes sense.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
I enjoyed everything about the episode. You people will complain about an-y-thing, sheesh
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
look, all of the very important characters go into battle wearing full armor but no helmet.  these guys aren't military geniuses.

Every great swordsman in the history of television knows that wearing a helmet impairs your peripheral vision noob

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I will say, the final episode of Season 6 pretty much makes all of 5 and 6 worth it. Cersei hits peak Cersei. Jon's parentage revealed. Just great. Ok. Onto Season 7. Almost there.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I will say, the final episode of Season 6 pretty much makes all of 5 and 6 worth it. Cersei hits peak Cersei. Jon's parentage revealed. Just great. Ok. Onto Season 7. Almost there.
Jon's parentage is the same ep as the septsplosion? Wow yeah that is quite an ep

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I buy that