Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 374163 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yea, but also have we ever discussed how she named it Drogon? What kind of a name is that for a dragon? That's like naming a Beagle "Bogal."

it's named after her dead husband, dumbass.

Could've just called it Drogo if that were the case. Would be much less confusing.

Do you not realize that all the dragons are named after dead people?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I don't know any of the dragons' names. there's the big one and the other two.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Drogon
Viserion
Rheagal

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Drogon  dead husband firebreathing lizard bird
Viserion dead douchebag brother firebreathing lizard bird
Rheagal dead brother-she-never-met firebreathing lizard bird.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
I would name my dragons Keith, Alex and Devon.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I would name my dragons Keith, Alex and Devon.

Rocky, Colt, and Tum-Tum

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So why did the Children of the Forest save Benjen? Have they saved other people? Why aren't there a whole bunch of half-dead good guys roaming around fighting the wights?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So why did the Children of the Forest save Benjen? Have they saved other people? Why aren't there a whole bunch of half-dead good guys roaming around fighting the wights?

who cares? I bet we find out, or we don't.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile

At this point it seems like we're just making up the rules as we go along...
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
not a meme. REPEAT NOT A MEME. Collection of Bran vision splices put together for further examination.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
OK, so Bran knows that Dany has dragons (I presume that he had not had a chance to catch that on the news yet). Then he sees that 7 pointed star of the 7 Gods/Faith militant over the iron throne, and then he sees Dany walking around in the throne room after she devastated King's Landing.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
That scene of Dany walking around seems to be the same scene she saw in her vision at Qarth from the House of the Undying, but probably all related. Looks like Kings Landing will be decimated. Dany the rebuilder and savior.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The sun is going to rise in the west!!!!!  :excited:

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
The sun is going to rise in the west!!!!!  :excited:

That is good.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yea, but also have we ever discussed how she named it Drogon? What kind of a name is that for a dragon? That's like naming a Beagle "Bogal."

Could've just called it Drogo if that were the case. Would be much less confusing.

When I think of "named after" I think it as being the same name, not just something off by a couple letters ("oh that's Tim, he was named after my uncle Jim"). Unless I'm wrong and the guy's name wasn't Drogo then why would she not name the dragon the same thing?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

When I think of "named after" I think it as being the same name, not just something off by a couple letters ("oh that's Tim, he was named after my uncle Jim"). Unless I'm wrong and the guy's name wasn't Drogo then why would she not name the dragon the same thing?

The suffix -on means "In memory of" in Dothraki, and the suffix -al means "In honor of" in Dothraki.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just what I needed.

Online HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The suffix -on means "In memory of" in Dothraki, and the suffix -al means "In honor of" in Dothraki.
:dubious: [citation needed]

I always figured it was some Valaryianification of the names of her brothers/khal.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
All the lords had bastards and raised them in their castles, of course Sam's mom and sister didn't get pissed at him. They were probably convinced he was going to die a virgin and were happy to have something new in the most gigantic random castle ever. And obviously Sam's dad wasn't exactly cool with the whole sitch.

the whole story opened with father stark beheading a man for breaking his nightwatcher oath.  it was given to us to understand that it was sort of a big deal.

Yeah, it's supposed to be a big deal in the books and the show. It's the job of lords to enforce the laws, including NW oath breaking, and Tarley hates his kid anyway, so it seems kinda odd that he didn't even mention it at all. It's just a really odd cover story for Sam/Jon to concoct. "I'm a SBotNW and this is just my wife and child...." It makes no sense.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I don't think they ever said she's his wife
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just to be clear, sleeping with a woman is not against the oath and Sam did not marry Gilly. So having a child is the only thing he did wrong.

I think his family are the only people he told that little San was his son. I think they should have made it clear that he was only telling his family that Sam is his son and made up something else to tell everyone else. But I think the producers thought that would be too complicated with Sam pretending that his fake son is not his son.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
wouldn't they know it was an incest baby if he told them it wasn't his and they found out she was a wildling? then they would definitely kill the baby, right?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
wouldn't they know it was an incest baby if he told them it wasn't his and they found out she was a wildling? then they would definitely kill the baby, right?

can't.  too late for the exemption.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."