Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 373871 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
The New mountain looks crappy

you are crappy.

dude looks 20 years younger than the Hound.

who cares how old he looks in comparison to the hound, wtf does that have to do with anything

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

you are crappy.

who cares how old he looks in comparison to the hound, wtf does that have to do with anything

Well he is supposed to be the Hound's older brother.  :dunno:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :lol:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

you are crappy.

This is why I hate these threads. This is such a profoundly dumb gripe, but I can't even delve into because I'll spoil stuff.

This is the third actor to play the role since the series started. I can't imagine the logistical challenges in casting someone to play a character of that physical stature. Sure, they could have done somethings in makeup, put a helm on him or done some computer editing, but overall this is just a weird rough ridin' stance to take.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

you are crappy.

This is why I hate these threads. This is such a profoundly dumb gripe, but I can't even delve into because I'll spoil stuff.

This is the third actor to play the role since the series started. I can't imagine the logistical challenges in casting someone to play a character of that physical stature. Sure, they could have done somethings in makeup, put a helm on him or done some computer editing, but overall this is just a weird rough ridin' stance to take.

should have grown out a massive beard. and who the mountain is has been clearly explained in the show, clams is outliering here.

the mountain appears so rarely anyhow that the constant recasting is barely an issue.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

you are crappy.

pro tip, don't read threads  you hate

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

you are crappy.

i never remember them even talking about the mountain so i guess i'm not really hung up on how old that a character that might have appeared once in season 1 looks

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
pro tip, don't read threads  you hate

I know, but I'm always afraid that I'm going to miss a witty post or an interesting thought.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that won't happen in this thread.  you're seasoned enough to know that.  we're too stupid in this thread to mix in any intelligent thought.  i'd compare this thread to rusty's music thread. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

you are crappy.

i never remember them even talking about the mountain so i guess i'm not really hung up on how old that a character that might have appeared once in season 1 looks

Arya and The Hound just discussed him in the previous episode.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
hey well, crap now i'm pissed he doesn't appear old enough!

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Maybe they put some old-people makeup on the guy to make him look older   :dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Hound should look about 20 years older. That's a side effect of having half of your face burnt off. You look older.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Gregor is approximately 35 years old at this point in the story, Sandor is about five years his junior.

Hafthor, the actor currently playing Gregor, was born in 1988. Rory McCann, Sandor, was born in 1969.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
My gripe about new mountain is he looks too nice and cuddly, the other guys looked like total assholes
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My gripe about new mountain is he looks too nice and cuddly, the other guys looked like total assholes

Hafthor > Conan > Ian. Ian was the absolute worst. The Mountain is supposed to be jacked AF, and Ian is skinny and nerdy looking.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

for reference

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They did a much better job of making the Mountains look similar than they did with Super Daario.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

vs.

pfftt  :lol:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that 3rd guy at Harrenhall, man, woof. i completely forgot they tried to pass him off as the Mountain  :lol:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
glad they got back to the round head, widows peak vs the long head, strait hairline. much more true to the books, IMO

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I like how Tyrion got to basically go through the whole trial, realize he had no chance, and then got to decide "well, forget all this, I'd rather have Trial By Combat." I would think that the Westeros Rules of Criminal Procedure would make you decide that before trial.

Also, Tyrion totally played the Imp card.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 03:46:43 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
glad they got back to the round head, widows peak vs the long head, strait hairline. much more true to the books, IMO

Widow's peaks are very threatening.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The whole "trial by combat" thing is pretty stupid. If it's obvious you're guilty why wouldn't you do that everytime? Why would the "government" allow a person who is most likely guilty to kill someone in order to be set free?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
The whole "trial by combat" thing is pretty stupid. If it's obvious you're guilty why wouldn't you do that everytime? Why would the "government" allow a person who is most likely guilty to kill someone in order to be set free?

Because people are barbaric and would rather see a fight. Also, if I'm pretty sure the person on trial can only request a trial by combat. That doesn't mean it has to be granted. Can one of the book nerds weigh in here?