Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 371006 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
I don't like killing babies. That part sucked. The rest of the episode was pretty great.

I don't remember any baby being killed.

The last scene made me think... In all of the zombie movies or shows ever made, has there been a baby or child zombie? Because that is pretty much what happened. And that raises a lot of questions, mainly how do they grow?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't like killing babies. That part sucked. The rest of the episode was pretty great.

I don't remember any baby being killed.

The last scene made me think... In all of the zombie movies or shows ever made, has there been a baby or child zombie? Because that is pretty much what happened. And that raises a lot of questions, mainly how do they grow?

The Walking Dead had a child zombie getting brained in the very opening scene of its first episode. It had another child zombie in season 2.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Oh man, this was absolutely wonderful...  :thumbs:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Online joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
who were those dudes that caught bran?  just a subset of wildings?  or were they former night's watch dudes that quit?

they were the night's watch guys that killed the night's watch leader guy and the old incest guy.  jon snow has been referring to them as "mutineers"

It seems like a really dumb added storyline. Like making a lot of people say really dumb things. Like oh man we can totally sneak one by on former NW member Mance Rayder as long as these guys don't tell him anything. And I think my little bro who I thought was dead but evidently is alive, which must have been a major revolution and would have been great tv but wasn't shown at all, will go running to some wildlings for help.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
@joda, have you read the books?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It was really weird to me that they didn't bother showing Sam telling Jon that he saw Bran.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
When they were stabbing Hodor I was just  :curse: you just wait till Jon Snow cuts your face off.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What if they kill Hodor? :horrorsurprise:

They wouldn't do that, would they?

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Hodor need to get got
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Online joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yes. I have other issues with those scenes from a book to TV sense. But I'm alright with those. What bothered me is that is that it wasn't a very well thought out plot line.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
I don't like show Hoder.  Would be an excellent development if they murdered the eff out of him. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

Yes. I have other issues with those scenes from a book to TV sense. But I'm alright with those. What bothered me is that is that it wasn't a very well thought out plot line.

I'm speculating that a certain mysterious character from the books, who has yet to appear in the show, is going to show up at Craster's Keep before Jon gets a chance to see Bran. I don't see another option without completely veering off from the story line.

I'm interested to see what they are doing with Locke. The book character he is largely based on (Vargo Hoat) never made it north of Harrenhal and I can't think of another role that they would be combining it with.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I don't even remember half the stuff from the books any more, and I'm not even sure I'm going to pick them up again in 5 years when he finishes the first one. George RR Martin can eff off.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile

I'm speculating that a certain mysterious character from the books, who has yet to appear in the show, is going to show up at Craster's Keep before Jon gets a chance to see Bran. I don't see another option without completely veering off from the story line.

I'm interested to see what they are doing with Locke. The book character he is largely based on (Vargo Hoat) never made it north of Harrenhal and I can't think of another role that they would be combining it with.

I was going to ask someone ITK about that.  I can't tell if his place there is sinister or not.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I can't tell if his place there is sinister or not.

:lol:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Maybe, I thought they where probably just going to leave said mysterious character out altogether but yea, that might work. Even if they do it's still a poorly done plot line. Not necessarily the concept, but the way it's being done is pretty terrible. Maybe I'm just jaded though because of how horribly they handled the Jon/Sam/Bran dynamic.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
it's pretty cool that you fucks can's stop talking about the books.  very cool. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

That certain character has not been cast yet, so it would be surprising if they showed up (however a certain "friend" of that character has been cast, so maybe...)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
I can't tell if his place there is sinister or not.

:lol:

But I cant.  :dunno:

he was sent to kill the stark boys and is hanging around jon snow to get his chance. sinister is subjective of course.