Author Topic: Tax Credits for Private Schools  (Read 10372 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tax Credits for Private Schools
« on: April 03, 2014, 01:27:10 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: Tax Credits for Private Schools
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »
It would be a welcome property tax credit for a low income home owner that would like to put their child into a private school. They may not be able to afford it otherwise.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »
First of all, why would the state offer a credit on a tax that they don't collect? Secondly, the proposed credit does nothing to account for people without kids who are still paying taxes, so it is not "fair".

If you want to send your kid to private school, you should expect to pay for that. As a taxpayer without kids, the idea of my tax money going to private school tuition is somewhat offensive.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:42:45 PM by Rage Against the McKee »

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 05:51:56 PM »
First of all, why would the state offer a credit on a tax that they don't collect? Secondly, the proposed credit does nothing to account for people without kids who are still paying taxes, so it is not "fair".

If you want to send your kid to private school, you should expect to pay for that. As a taxpayer without kids, the idea of my tax money going to private school tuition is somewhat offensive.

This argument can be made for literally rough ridin' everything. Get over it.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 05:54:31 PM »

For the same reason the federal government imposes mandates on local school districts.

Why? I would consider it a better use of funds than the useless money pit that is public education. At least the kid is learning.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 06:00:41 PM »
if you want your kid in private school, then pay for it yourself, it's not the states responsibility to help you.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 06:07:16 PM »

For the same reason the federal government imposes mandates on local school districts.

Why? I would consider it a better use of funds than the useless money pit that is public education. At least the kid is learning.

If the state's public schools are failing (they aren't), then that is the state's responsibility. I don't see taking tax money away from state schools and giving it to other schools as a solution.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 06:08:00 PM »

Maybe give one example? :dunno:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 06:11:21 PM »

If the state's public schools are failing (they aren't), then that is the state's responsibility. I don't see taking tax money away from state schools and giving it to other schools as a solution.

exactly.  if the schools are "broke", then fix them, just moving students over to private schools doesn't help the problem at all.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 06:12:10 PM »

"As a catholic, the idea of my tax money going towards abortion is somewhat offensive."

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 06:17:36 PM »

as someone that wants to work, I find it offensive that my tax money goes to someone that doesn't want to work.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 06:20:57 PM »
"As a catholic, the idea of my tax money going towards abortion is somewhat offensive."
you want to get that vacuum abortion tax money back and put it into coat hanger abortions.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 06:21:49 PM »
I don't think it will pass even in kansas. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 06:23:40 PM »

The number of plausible examples boggles the mind.  You're smart enough to come up with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 06:25:30 PM »
i don't think the interstate is safe enough for my children so help me pay my share for a parallel private one that doesn't allow trucks

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 06:27:10 PM »
i don't think the interstate is safe enough for my children so help me pay my share for a parallel private one that doesn't allow trucks

i'm not sure that the salina police are properly protecting your kids, should probably have the state pay for your private security force

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
why do poor people want their kids to go to school with rich kids?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 06:28:29 PM »
why do poor people want their kids to go to school with rich kids?

Trying to hard here.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »
is the anti-academia crowd going to provide an example of a tax credit for replicating an existing government service???

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 06:31:56 PM »

i'm not sure that the salina police are properly protecting your kids, should probably have the state pay for your private security force

Tax credits for Judges would solve the problem.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 06:32:22 PM »
If all the dumbasses kids go to private school, the private schools won't be as good.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »
If all the dumbasses kids go to private school, the private schools won't be as good.
the credit has a limit so they can add the credit to the current tuition and continue pricing out undesirables.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2014, 06:39:20 PM »
is the anti-academia crowd going to provide an example of a tax credit for replicating an existing government service???

This is a pro-academia, anti-public education thread.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »

This is a pro-academia, anti-public education thread.
so you can't give an example. thanks, dumbass.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »

This is a people who got picked on in public school thread.