Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261916 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #3400 on: March 20, 2013, 12:51:05 PM »
Jesus, I hope not

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: March 20, 2013, 01:45:32 PM »
"the following"?  more like "the DoNotWatchowling"
jesus no crap.  it was getting more and more ridiculous and really culminated with him escaping in a helicopter in the middle of a major city in broad daylight and everybody was all "herp derp I guess he got away again herp derp." :facepalm: :clac:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: March 20, 2013, 01:48:05 PM »
Anbody watch Vikings the other night?  I think I really enjoy that show.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: March 20, 2013, 01:53:47 PM »
Anbody watch Vikings the other night?  I think I really enjoy that show.

Yes, it's starting to get really good.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: March 20, 2013, 01:56:42 PM »
The Following is the best show on TV right now, hands down. Mad Men, Walking Dead, Girls, Splash, etc....Kevin Bacon laughs at these pud shows

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: March 20, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »
jesus no crap.  it was getting more and more ridiculous and really culminated with him escaping in a helicopter in the middle of a major city in broad daylight and everybody was all "herp derp I guess he got away again herp derp." :facepalm: :clac:

No offense, but the show is about a serial killer setting up some form of super army while in jail, including all hugely successful walks of life, while the FBI can't deal with it and decides to bring in an alcoholic guy on disability to get it all figured out, yet the helicopter ride is what got you?

I mean, it was pretty obvs what the show was just from the commercials pre-air.  Bust out your willing suspension of disbelief and just enjoy that this isn't some show by Dick Wolf or the guy from Survivor.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: March 20, 2013, 05:15:52 PM »
Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday are absolute stud TV days.

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: March 20, 2013, 05:56:03 PM »

No offense, but the show is about a serial killer setting up some form of super army while in jail, including all hugely successful walks of life, while the FBI can't deal with it and decides to bring in an alcoholic guy on disability to get it all figured out, yet the helicopter ride is what got you?

I mean, it was pretty obvs what the show was just from the commercials pre-air.  Bust out your willing suspension of disbelief and just enjoy that this isn't some show by Dick Wolf or the guy from Survivor.
CNS Casey is right, the show sucks but if you watch it just to make fun, it is kind of entertaining.  Be warned that the main plot devices are contrived incompetence and lazy character development.

My favorite quote from first episode:
“Dammit, we need to rip apart the library’s Ethernet!” - actual dialogue from The Following.

my favorite characters from the first episode were: 
  • charming, kind gay couple we were introduced to 30 minutes into the episode only to have it be revealed 10 minutes later that they are bad serial killer people.  Later you find out that they also aren't gay.  Only...they kind of liked pretending to be gay and decide to actually kind of be gay.  Then some girl who doesn't like that they are sort of really gay now stabs one of them to death.  Can't miss TV!
  • room full of dead guards who were all killed by just one man before anyone had time to notice the unrecognized-serial-killer-disguised-as-security-guard-guy drawing his weapon and killing all their buddies.  These awesome guards are who make the rest of the show even possible.

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: March 20, 2013, 06:15:49 PM »
Community was hilarious for the first season and a half. Then Chang got really weird and Pierce became an bad person. That's when I stopped watching.

Community sucks now.   :frown:

Harmon gave fewer and fewer shits about appealing to the masses as the show went on and now that he's gone it definitely sucks.  Now that it sucks maybe it will be popular like Big Bang Theory and 2.5 Men.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: March 20, 2013, 07:09:20 PM »

CNS Casey is right, the show sucks but if you watch it just to make fun, it is kind of entertaining.  Be warned that the main plot devices are contrived incompetence and lazy character development.

My favorite quote from first episode:
“Dammit, we need to rip apart the library’s Ethernet!” - actual dialogue from The Following.

my favorite characters from the first episode were: 
  • charming, kind gay couple we were introduced to 30 minutes into the episode only to have it be revealed 10 minutes later that they are bad serial killer people.  Later you find out that they also aren't gay.  Only...they kind of liked pretending to be gay and decide to actually kind of be gay.  Then some girl who doesn't like that they are sort of really gay now stabs one of them to death.  Can't miss TV!
  • room full of dead guards who were all killed by just one man before anyone had time to notice the unrecognized-serial-killer-disguised-as-security-guard-guy drawing his weapon and killing all their buddies.  These awesome guards are who make the rest of the show even possible.

I don't watch it to make fun.  I watch it understanding that it is written towards avg ppl and that it can't be made too difficult to follow because it is on Fox.  I understand what it is and enjoy it for that.  If this thread is only going to allow tv shows with actual depth and the kind of writing that makes you feel like you relate to/understand/feel for all the major characters....well, we wouldn't be at 137 pages(or whatevs page we are at).

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: March 20, 2013, 08:31:13 PM »
The Following has become too violent for me to watch. It's probably been super graphic all along, but now it seems like they just find ways for the characters to be super stabby and blood spatter-y.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: March 20, 2013, 08:35:48 PM »
The Following has become too violent for me to watch. It's probably been super graphic all along, but now it seems like they just find ways for the characters to be super stabby and blood spatter-y.

haven't watched it, but it's on network television, the equivalent of pg rated movies.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: March 21, 2013, 09:12:18 AM »
Finally getting to House of Cards on netflix. Very enjoyable  :thumbs:

It is!  I very much enjoy shows where I despise a majority of the characters, and this is definitely one of those.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: March 21, 2013, 11:10:28 AM »

haven't watched it, but it's on network television, the equivalent of pg rated movies.

Yeah, not really.  There is a long list of disclaimers after every commercial break.  It definitely doesn't belong on 8pm primetime.  Pushes the envelope on acceptability for that time, imo.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: March 21, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »
Justified was terrific. Fantastic episode.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: March 21, 2013, 04:53:36 PM »

Yeah, not really.  There is a long list of disclaimers after every commercial break.  It definitely doesn't belong on 8pm primetime.  Pushes the envelope on acceptability for that time, imo.

Listen to you.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: March 21, 2013, 05:56:02 PM »

what a baby.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #3417 on: March 21, 2013, 08:02:57 PM »

It is!  I very much enjoy shows where I despise a majority of the characters, and this is definitely one of those.

Every single character is a horrible person.  Interesting approach to a show.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: March 21, 2013, 08:11:20 PM »

Every single character is a horrible person.  Interesting approach to a show.

I like Christina.  I don't know if she was having an affair with Russo and caused his divorce from his wife, but I didn't think of that until now.  She seems to have a lot of redeeming qualities.  No one else does.  Linda, the President's right-hand lady, and Freddy the guy with the bbq joint, seem like decent people.  Those two are pretty minor characters though and aren't really humanized very much. Lucas, the guy who used to work with Zoe at the Washington Herald seems like a good guy.

Each and every one of the others is pretty much deplorable. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #3419 on: March 21, 2013, 08:22:06 PM »
I just got past the "suicide" episode.  I don't think I will continue with this.  Just nothing to look forward too.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #3420 on: March 21, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »

Listen to you.

Yeah.   Getting old and kids change perspective.   Whatevs.  Am comfy in it.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: March 21, 2013, 09:06:56 PM »
I just got past the "suicide" episode.  I don't think I will continue with this.  Just nothing to look forward too.

Yeah, seems like it is wrapping up.  Like they made it with the intention to only have one season.  I'll watch the next two episodes. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: March 21, 2013, 10:21:44 PM »
Justified was terrific. Fantastic episode.

no doubt. Whitlock not liking the last several makes me like them more :love:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: March 21, 2013, 10:23:13 PM »
WINTER IS COMING
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline JohnCurrie is Weird/Gross

• Combo-Fan
  • Miss You Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: March 23, 2013, 06:19:03 PM »
Real World Las Vegas marathon in progress.  :love: