Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1262193 times)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #3275 on: February 20, 2013, 08:32:42 PM »
Finished up The Wonder Years. I really think the earlier ones, when he's in middle school, are the best. Maybe those episodes just connected with me more personally. Also, :lol: at Dlew12 and Daris thinking Becky Slater was a better fit for Kevin than Winnie. That girl was crazy. If I had to pick someone besides Winnie, I'd pick Madeline or Cara. Cara smoked cigarettes!

Also, I think Chuck is really underrated when people talk about characters from The Wonder Years. Man he was great.

Chuck from The Wonder years is now a writer for the show Psych. He writes like all of the best episodes.

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: February 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM »
Luther on netflix.  Idris Elba is really great.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: February 21, 2013, 12:19:49 AM »
Finished up The Wonder Years. I really think the earlier ones, when he's in middle school, are the best. Maybe those episodes just connected with me more personally. Also, :lol: at Dlew12 and Daris thinking Becky Slater was a better fit for Kevin than Winnie. That girl was crazy. If I had to pick someone besides Winnie, I'd pick Madeline or Cara. Cara smoked cigarettes!

Also, I think Chuck is really underrated when people talk about characters from The Wonder Years. Man he was great.
Is Madeline the french "can you pass the butter?" girl?  that's probably my favorite episode ever.  if that's who you're talking about then yeah.  she's the best.

'grats on finishing that up.  i bet that was a blast.

becky was so much better than WINE-y (that's what i call her) though.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: February 21, 2013, 12:30:29 AM »

Is Madeline the french "can you pass the butter?" girl?  that's probably my favorite episode ever.  if that's who you're talking about then yeah.  she's the best.

Yes, that's Madeline. That may have been the funniest scene every from the Wonder Years. Easily top 3.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: February 21, 2013, 12:53:39 AM »

Yes, that's Madeline. That may have been the funniest scene every from the Wonder Years. Easily top 3.
want to see something kind of funny i found last month?

Spanish Kevin Arnold "Vous le veux du beurre?" scene:

also, i've been told i dance like Kevin Arnold.  that's almost certainly an insult.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: February 21, 2013, 12:57:40 AM »
Dlew, you need a still of Kevin Arnold dancing as your avatar and "I've been told I dance like Kevin Arnold" under it.

Also, is it common knowledge that Marv from Home Alone is the narrator from the Wonder Years? I didn't find that out until the fourth season and I still couldn't really hear it. Fascinating.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: February 21, 2013, 01:00:43 AM »
Dlew, you need a still of Kevin Arnold dancing as your avatar and "I've been told I dance like Kevin Arnold" under it.

Also, is it common knowledge that Marv from Home Alone is the narrator from the Wonder Years? I didn't find that out until the fourth season and I still couldn't really hear it. Fascinating.
yeah that threw me for a loop too.  i like to imagine that Marv actually was Kevin Arnold until something went horribly wrong and he turned to a life of crime.  kind of like the BrBa/Malcom in the Middle thing.

and yeah...a wonder years avatar is in order
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:07:08 AM by Dlew12 »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: February 21, 2013, 01:10:51 AM »
Yeah, didn't know that until Daniel stern was on workaholics the other week (great episode btw).
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: February 21, 2013, 07:33:47 AM »
Yeah, didn't know that until Daniel stern was on workaholics the other week (great episode btw).

I really like Workaholics, but I often forget to watch or record it.  Same with Archer.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: February 21, 2013, 09:03:31 AM »
I'm glad that they are trimming the fat on American Idol.  A lot of woof last night.  Angela (?) is the only one that will make it very far. 

Guys tonight! 

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: February 21, 2013, 12:21:43 PM »

I really like Workaholics, but I often forget to watch or record it.  Same with Archer.   

same!

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: February 21, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »
Dlew, you need a still of Kevin Arnold dancing as your avatar

:love:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: February 21, 2013, 02:43:31 PM »
2nd season of american horror story. man this crap is weird.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: February 22, 2013, 01:31:26 AM »
finally caught up on shameless...the last 2 or 3 minutes of last week's episode was the hardest i'd ever laughed in the entire series.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: February 22, 2013, 02:52:43 AM »
Just finished the first season of Girls:

For those who don't watch, it is a very unique show. It's not necessarily funny, it's more of a feel good show. Once they have the characters/relationships between them developed, it becomes very funny very quickly. It reminds me of Scrubs in that regard. I thought it was interesting that the main character/writer/creator/director is naked in about half the episodes. Usually nude scenes come from randos who are only on the show for a little bit. I do think it sums up the mentality of our generation (born from '80-'95) really well.

For those who have seen it, Shoshana is by far my favorite character. Hyper sensitive people with anxiety disorders are always a treat. And Adam is a close second, though the only reason that he's not in first is that he's not as likeable during the first half of the season. He's definitely the most interesting. Anyway, I was confused why it was called "Girls" for a while. That seems like such a generic name. But after the 9th episode where she has the big argument with her roommate, I thought to myself that it summed up female mentality prettty well.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: February 22, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »
Just finished the first season of Girls:

For those who don't watch, it is a very unique show. It's not necessarily funny, it's more of a feel good show. Once they have the characters/relationships between them developed, it becomes very funny very quickly. It reminds me of Scrubs in that regard. I thought it was interesting that the main character/writer/creator/director is naked in about half the episodes. Usually nude scenes come from randos who are only on the show for a little bit. I do think it sums up the mentality of our generation (born from '80-'95) really well.

For those who have seen it, Shoshana is by far my favorite character. Hyper sensitive people with anxiety disorders are always a treat. And Adam is a close second, though the only reason that he's not in first is that he's not as likeable during the first half of the season. He's definitely the most interesting. Anyway, I was confused why it was called "Girls" for a while. That seems like such a generic name. But after the 9th episode where she has the big argument with her roommate, I thought to myself that it summed up female mentality prettty well.

- Pretty spot on summary by known "Shows that have you by the balls" critic Jakesie here -

Also yeah, good show.  Captivating because I don't understand how girls' minds work.  Like, at all.  This show helps to an extent.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: February 22, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »
I would like to see Brian William's daughter naked more and Lena Dunham naked less.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: February 22, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »
I would like to see Brian William's daughter naked more and Lena Dunham naked less.

BONERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: February 23, 2013, 01:13:53 AM »
A few thoughts on Girls...
Alot of the time Girls tries too hard.
The fact that the last three to six years have been begging for a show for apathetic twenty-somethings and we have been left with Two broke girls and Girls makes me irritated.
I wish Judd Apatow would just write this show.
The Brian Williams daughter nudity thing is odd. I feel like it wouldn't be as noticeable if a)Dunham wasn't naked all the time b) she wasn't Brian Williams daughter (and hot) c) They make her get as naked as possible without being nude in most episodes
Now I feel like a weirdo for making a bunch of points about an actress on an HBO show not being naked.
For the most part I enjoy the show.
Jakesie's last point makes me smile because that is what I always think, but you would think it would be different being written by a girl (?) so I guess us guys really have them nailed.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: February 23, 2013, 01:24:12 AM »
brian williams daughter is a tease  :curse:

best scenes from girls include:
hannah's dad's back gives out
hannah and the gay dude do coke

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: February 23, 2013, 01:30:08 AM »
i enjoy girls, but it's basically an episodic "tiny furniture" and can kinda get tiring.  i go back and forth between "you go girl" and "get off my lawn" (~same age as lena, fwiw).  i guess i wish there was more range or depth or something

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: February 23, 2013, 01:31:22 AM »
i get tired of them making hannah as ugly as humanly possible.  lena dunam isn't a supermodel, but they go out of their way to make her frumpy and ugly on the show.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: February 23, 2013, 01:39:42 AM »
i get tired of them making hannah as ugly as humanly possible.  lena dunam isn't a supermodel, but they go out of their way to make her frumpy and ugly on the show.

who is "them"?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: February 23, 2013, 01:41:39 AM »
the show creators and lena herself.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: February 23, 2013, 01:46:34 AM »
the show's creators and, lena herself.

i mean, hannah is hannah... that's what makes the show tick IMO