Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1262375 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #2825 on: December 05, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »
I'm glad Jax didn't kill Tig. Tig is probably my favorite character on SOA.

I'm glad he didn't kill him either, but he did risk Tig's life to accomplish his own goal. I mean, Tig was right, they could have killed him right away. And Jax didn't let anyone else in on the plan just in case that's what happened.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: December 05, 2012, 10:22:51 AM »
Yea, Nick is doing the same thing every week as opposed to Melanie who was really mixing it up  :rolleyes:

Everyone in the final 6 had benefitted from doing the same thing every week, save Trevin's awful attempt at Usher and Amanda

welp, guess ChiCat's a huge Doobie Bros fan, nothing to see here folks...

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: December 05, 2012, 10:41:29 AM »

I'm glad he didn't kill him either, but he did risk Tig's life to accomplish his own goal. I mean, Tig was right, they could have killed him right away. And Jax didn't let anyone else in on the plan just in case that's what happened.

I was expecting Nero and his guys to be inside the building when Jax told them to go inside.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: December 05, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »

yeah, i never really felt like Tig was going to die, I just expected the "plan" to be a little different. 

I like that they cleaned up a bunch of lose ends.  Really narrowing the focus of the show for next season and maybe end this thing.

pffft, narrow the focus. Maybe they will focus on Jax struggling with his role in the club next season! Or a weapons run gone bad. :lol:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: December 05, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »
I'm done with SoA. What a terrible clusterfuck the show has become.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: December 05, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
SoA has gotten better each season.  Some of you can't handle that, it's cool.  Enjoy "the voice" or whatever   :rolleyes:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: December 05, 2012, 01:14:01 PM »
I've watched SoA since the very beginning. This season has proved that Sutter absolutely cannot maintain a story arc. Both Sutter's wife and Hellboy should have been killed off this season. When he realized that he couldn't maintain the show for two more seasons without Gemma and Clay, he decided to eff it all up. The difference between SoA and the Shield is that SoA has fallen apart much more quickly. I enjoyed the first four seasons, but Sutter is incapable of wrapping up a show.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: December 05, 2012, 01:22:02 PM »
i guess we're watching different shows.

all of the previous seasons seemed like clusterfucks with no real plot destination.  this season has narrowed things down quite a bit.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: December 05, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »
I've watched SoA since the very beginning. This season has proved that Sutter absolutely cannot maintain a story arc. Both Sutter's wife and Hellboy should have been killed off this season. When he realized that he couldn't maintain the show for two more seasons without Gemma and Clay, he decided to eff it all up. The difference between SoA and the Shield is that SoA has fallen apart much more quickly. I enjoyed the first four seasons, but Sutter is incapable of wrapping up a show.

*caution, spoilers*

metalhead, can i get your reaction to melanie getting kicked off of the voice last night?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: December 05, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »

Why would he need to wrap up the show two years before it's over? Gemma is the major antagonist of the show. If he kills her off he has to create another one with only two seasons to develop .

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: December 06, 2012, 12:16:34 AM »
I know that there are seven seasons planned. In my opinion the show has strayed far from the intended/original and actually feasible story arc. Gemma and Clay should be dead by now based upon the progression of the story. However, Sutter, who is booked for seven seasons, has kept them alive, as without them there is no show. My point is that Sutter can conceive, envision and create great dramas. When it comes to the actual writing and execution of the story he is terrible, especially in the later seasons. Again, I reference The Shield's closing seasons.

He should have wrapped up the show this season. The next two seasons will be filler that will degrade the overall quality of the show.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: December 06, 2012, 02:32:37 PM »
The Men Who Built America was a really incredible awesome show on the history chan. Would recommend.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: December 06, 2012, 02:38:06 PM »
The Men Who Built America was a really incredible awesome show on the history chan. Would recommend.

was there any haggling?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: December 06, 2012, 02:39:11 PM »
SoA has gotten better each season. 

This. Seasons 4 and 5 have been outstanding.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: December 06, 2012, 02:57:21 PM »

was there any haggling?

maybe some reinactments of haggling. but not contrived 2012 history channel haggling. old timey captain of industry haggling.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: December 07, 2012, 11:25:49 AM »
I have to echo everyone from earlier in the thread saying how awesome Sherlock was. It's on Netflix so anyone can give it a shot. It's modernized, which I didn't know until last night, and that made it more interesting to me. Also, since it's on BBC it's more of a miniseries, so each season is made up of 3 episodes that are an hour and a half long. I highly recommend it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: December 07, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »
I have to echo everyone from earlier in the thread saying how awesome Sherlock was. It's on Netflix so anyone can give it a shot. It's modernized, which I didn't know until last night, and that made it more interesting to me. Also, since it's on BBC it's more of a miniseries, so each season is made up of 3 episodes that are an hour and a half long. I highly recommend it.

Yeah, I started this a few days ago.  The first one was a little cheesy to me, but I guess it needed to be to establish some stuff.  Anyway, I just finished the second one and really find myself liking it a lot. 

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: December 07, 2012, 12:12:31 PM »

Yeah, I started this a few days ago.  The first one was a little cheesy to me, but I guess it needed to be to establish some stuff.  Anyway, I just finished the second one and really find myself liking it a lot.

i can't wait for the next season.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: December 09, 2012, 08:58:43 PM »
omg, the trailer for the season finale of Dexter, omfg  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: December 09, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »
Homeland  :bwpopcorn:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: December 09, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »
 :eek: :eek: :eek:   :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: December 10, 2012, 08:49:18 AM »
sunday night was lame without the walking dead.   :embarrassed:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: December 10, 2012, 10:42:34 AM »
sunday night was lame without the walking dead.   :embarrassed:

Yeah, i got all excited around 6pm before I realized we got nothing.

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: December 10, 2012, 02:24:51 PM »
omg, the trailer for the season finale of Dexter, omfg  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Is this the final season of Dexter? I am very, very worried that they're going to end it forever with him in prison. It will ruin the whole thing, kind of like how Lost was ruined with that awful ending.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: December 10, 2012, 02:26:49 PM »

Is this the final season of Dexter? I am very, very worried that they're going to end it forever with him in prison. It will ruin the whole thing, kind of like how Lost was ruined with that awful ending.

Next season is the last.