Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261828 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #13975 on: February 24, 2022, 03:04:57 PM »
Gemstones is a fun watch for sure.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13976 on: February 24, 2022, 03:07:25 PM »
I'm three episodes into Righteous Gemstones and it's quite the ride so far.
Oh and for those interested, it has a very high dong count. One's popped out every episode so far.

As the resident Dong Watcher in this thread, I have to call CHONGS out as a liar.

Also, I find I'm very triggered by people, like IPA, who dismiss the romance scam victims in Tinder Swindler as "gold diggers." That rhetoric makes my blood boil.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13977 on: February 24, 2022, 03:14:08 PM »

I got sucked into season 1, but, overall, I think I'm enjoying season 2 better. I was a little disappointed in the last episode.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13978 on: February 24, 2022, 03:45:55 PM »
Anything good on Showtime other than Billions? I lost interest in Billions after season 2. I have a free 30 day trial, because it's the only thing "Glenn Gary, Glenn Ross" was on and I was feeling a bit nostalgic last night.

God I love so much on showtime, it's my favorite non sports channel. Going down the list of shows on the series part of their app, I've absolutely seen 3/4 of those shows. If you're only sticking to the 30 day trial I'll recommend things that I think you'll like but can finish within the trial period.

Action is a good watch and you can finish it in an afternoon. It's a reality show following so called gambling experts including our beloved Kelly In Vegas.

City on a Hill is a very good crime drama set in Boston in the early 90's, Kevin Bacon is amazing, I think it's his best role.

Couples Therapy is a reality show that simply follows couples in therapy, the only editorializing are occasional clips from the couples giving context to what we see in their sessions, very interesting but uncomfortable.

Escape at Dannemora is a based on true story from a prison escape in New York about a decade ago. The woman who helps them escape is :horrorsurprise:

Flatbush Misdemeanors is a comedy about two friends in NYC. One dude is a broke artist grifter, the other is a suicidally awkward teacher. Really funny show without being slapstick.

On Becoming A God In Central Florida is a dramedy staring Kristen Dunst that takes place in Orlando in the 90s. It's an Amway parody. I love this show, I just finished a rewatch last week. It got cancelled because of COVID :curse:

Outcry is a crime show about a white high school football player who was absolutely railroaded by the criminal justice system, ruined this kids life, shocking behavior by the authorities. It can also be started and finished by lunch time.

SMILF is a comedy about a single mom who lives in Boston who loves basketball and is beautiful but is a total eff up, constantly makes bad decisions. This show was only two seasons long and got cancelled because the star of the show who is also the director, faced a harassment claim by another woman actor on the show, she claimed that she forced her to do a topless scene on an open set, when the actress called for a closed set.

The Trade is two very short seasons. The show gets crazy behind the scenes footage of the drug trade in season one and human trafficking in season two. They were able to shoot from all angles. They got access from homeland security, border patrol, and from the dealers and smugglers themselves. Again this is bingable in half a day.

We Hunt Together is a drama that's only had one season. It's about a woman who commits a series of crimes and the two detectives who try to catch her. It takes place in England. The criminal is played by Hermione Corfield, this is her

Aside from that the show is very suspenseful, it's one of those shows that once you start, it's almost impossible to stop, then you're up at 4am watching TV.

Ziwe is weird and hilarious, it's a real or parody of a talk show. She gets some big names and usually clowns them all

Others that I like but I'm not sure you would are a lot of political shows like
The Circus
Our Cartoon President
Vice
The Reagans
The Loudest Voice
The Comey Rule
Gossip
Enemies

They just finished We Need to Talk About Cosby which is a very well made docu series about Bill Cosby, but I think you're too young to appreciate it. I think this is more impactful for people born before 1980 who loved Bill Cosby growing up.

Black Monday is one of the best dark comedies I've ever seen, but I don't know if you can start and finish it with your trial.

The Chi and Twenties are my favorite Showtime series' but they are almost exclusively about black culture, not that you don't like black people, but they are heavy with cultural references, especially twenties.

Finally, I want to say that I can understand getting burned out with billions, I didn't, but I get it. Anyway, this season has seen a cast shift, Axe is no longer a character on the show, and this season is different than the previous ones.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: February 24, 2022, 03:47:09 PM »

I got sucked into season 1, but, overall, I think I'm enjoying season 2 better. I was a little disappointed in the last episode.

:surprised: I thought the last episode was awesome, it wasn't as great as the episode before it which might have been the best one of the series so far, but it was still good.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13980 on: February 24, 2022, 03:54:27 PM »
Thank you, MIR! That’s an awesome write up. We’ll start binging stuff tonight!

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13981 on: February 24, 2022, 04:21:26 PM »
Question for those with families/kids. Like, when do you watch shows? I'm not much of a tv watcher anyway, but I can maybe watch like one show at a time even if I want to. I haven't watched anything in months. Do you just get everyone to bed and then just stay up late watching and get up early the next day?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13982 on: February 24, 2022, 04:24:17 PM »

:surprised: I thought the last episode was awesome, it wasn't as great as the episode before it which might have been the best one of the series so far, but it was still good.

It wasn't bad. I was disappointed it dipped its hand as to what we can expect for the finale. I'm making a bigger deal out of it than I should be.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13983 on: February 24, 2022, 04:24:59 PM »
Question for those with families/kids. Like, when do you watch shows? I'm not much of a tv watcher anyway, but I can maybe watch like one show at a time even if I want to. I haven't watched anything in months. Do you just get everyone to bed and then just stay up late watching and get up early the next day?
Night watching for sure with the Mrs when lil man goes down. I work from home, so I get to watch my shows during the day.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13984 on: February 24, 2022, 04:46:37 PM »
Started Severance on AppleTV+ this week.  Balls firmly grasped!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13985 on: February 24, 2022, 04:47:46 PM »

Yeah, nights for sure. We have family time from 6-9 them I'll watch shows from 9-2ish.

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13986 on: February 25, 2022, 08:32:26 AM »

Yeah, nights for sure. We have family time from 6-9 them I'll watch shows from 9-2ish.

2ish  :horrorsurprise: I haven't seen 2am in at least 10 years. I guess I just don't enjoy the shows enough to be tired the next day.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13987 on: February 25, 2022, 08:35:08 AM »
Some ppl have insomnia, brother.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13988 on: February 25, 2022, 09:43:50 AM »
+1 on MIR's recommendo of Black Monday.  I enjoyed it a lot.  The last season just goes completely off the rails in the best way.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13989 on: February 25, 2022, 09:52:09 AM »
Sf, no offense but your life kind of sounds like it sucks
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13990 on: February 25, 2022, 10:37:53 AM »
Sf, no offense but your life kind of sounds like it sucks

Eh, its fine, I just really don't like to stay up late. I get up at like 6 and like to get crap done. I also don't do very well with little sleep so staying up late just to watch a show doesn't really appeal to me. I really admire the people that function really well on a few hours sleep. I mean, you are prob going to die way before me, but at least you got to watch a bunch of shows.  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13991 on: February 25, 2022, 11:29:50 AM »
I run on 5 hours of sleep, so that helps, a lot.

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13992 on: February 25, 2022, 01:12:56 PM »

Do you drink a crap ton of coffee? Just curious

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13993 on: February 25, 2022, 01:58:31 PM »
Woah...

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #13994 on: February 25, 2022, 02:29:54 PM »
Woah...

That was a good book, I might have to watch.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13995 on: February 25, 2022, 02:54:28 PM »
Mrstdaver read that book just before we moved to Utah.  I thought she was going to back out on me.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #13996 on: February 25, 2022, 02:58:06 PM »
It's good information to prep before BYU joins.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: February 25, 2022, 04:45:50 PM »
Thank you, MIR! That’s an awesome write up. We’ll start binging stuff tonight!

No doubt.  I obviously haven't watched showtime enough.  My wife got me into gemstones and so far so good.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13998 on: February 25, 2022, 06:29:20 PM »
In my opinion Gemstones is better than Vice Principals but not as good as East Bound and Down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13999 on: February 26, 2022, 09:02:59 AM »

Do you drink a crap ton of coffee? Just curious

Zero coffee, zero red bull, five hour energy etc., maybe one soda a month.