Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1251254 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #13275 on: July 06, 2021, 06:20:12 AM »
I’m fixing to watch seasons 1-5 again here shortly to get geared up for S6.  It’s my favorite show OAT.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: July 06, 2021, 11:10:37 AM »
I’m fixing to watch seasons 1-5 again here shortly to get geared up for S6.  It’s my favorite show OAT.

That's a great idea.  It's in my top handful for sure.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: July 10, 2021, 01:49:42 PM »
Challenge all stars looks pretty great...

https://youtu.be/LfytCpwfGY4

Sorry if Luke’d

Yeah, it's gonna be great. Disappointed in not having bananas though. Will be interesting to see people competing who are older than me.

Just need to figure out what we’re already paying for that will allow us to sub to Paramount at no additional cost.

Unfortunately, nothing, it isn't like HBO Max. I did get a good deal, I got the first year for $45. I joined CBS All-Access the last day it was a thing, they had that deal because Paramount+ starting the next day. You're probably going to have to watch that the same way I'm going to eventually watch Ted Lasso and that's from a torrent.

Did anyone end up getting paramount + or finding a different way to watch this show, and is it necessary/canon?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: July 10, 2021, 02:31:47 PM »

Sorry if Luke’d

Yeah, it's gonna be great. Disappointed in not having bananas though. Will be interesting to see people competing who are older than me.

Just need to figure out what we’re already paying for that will allow us to sub to Paramount at no additional cost.

Unfortunately, nothing, it isn't like HBO Max. I did get a good deal, I got the first year for $45. I joined CBS All-Access the last day it was a thing, they had that deal because Paramount+ starting the next day. You're probably going to have to watch that the same way I'm going to eventually watch Ted Lasso and that's from a torrent.

Did anyone end up getting paramount + or finding a different way to watch this show, and is it necessary/canon?

I have paramount+. The all-star season was disappointing. There was only one blow up and it was very contrived. They gave them very hard challenges which you'd think would be funny because they're old, but it just made for boring TV.

The better part about watching the all-stars and paramount+ is that it motivated me to watch some old seasons of the real world, they nearly have all of them. I started with the first New Orleans and it was great watching that again. I forgot nearly all of that.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: July 10, 2021, 02:38:05 PM »

Sorry if Luke’d

I have paramount+. The all-star season was disappointing. There was only one blow up and it was very contrived. They gave them very hard challenges which you'd think would be funny because they're old, but it just made for boring TV.

The better part about watching the all-stars and paramount+ is that it motivated me to watch some old seasons of the real world, they nearly have all of them. I started with the first New Orleans and it was great watching that again. I forgot nearly all of that.

Is the all-stars season over? Was thinking of signing up for a month or 3 and slogging through that and maybe the NY real world reunion before the regular challenge resumes on tv.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: July 10, 2021, 06:34:33 PM »

Sorry if Luke’d

Is the all-stars season over? Was thinking of signing up for a month or 3 and slogging through that and maybe the NY real world reunion before the regular challenge resumes on tv.

Yeah, it's over, you can binge it pretty easily it's like 8 episodes and you will get to the point where you're fast forwarding through parts of episodes.

The RR New York Reunion was even more disappointing, it was just a bunch of 50 something's talking about the early 90's, it's crazy boring. There are only 6 episodes, all well under an hour, I only made it though 4.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #13281 on: July 10, 2021, 06:48:49 PM »
Are any of you watching Loki? Time burner for me. Not really a ball clencher.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: July 11, 2021, 01:38:11 PM »
Binged "The Night Of" this week. I really enjoyed it, but the time devoted in Rikers was a lot darker than what I'm accustomed to for crime dramas.

I hated what they did with the second lawyer, also the main character arc was so bad it was unbelievable.

I loved John Turturro but other than that I really did not like it.

It's not a new show, but it was a good new show for me to devour. I would have preferred that they follow and build on some of the twists that were introduced in their investigation, but the show seemed more focused on Nas' life in prison.

Do you have HBOmax now?  There is a ton of good stuff on there!  If you are looking for OLD shows, Deadwood is one of my favorites.  I also think Sopranos is incredible, probably the best OAT.  I do really like the Wire and think that the best parts of the Wire are better than the best parts of the Sopranos, but the Sopranos was incredibly consistent.
Sopranos holds up incredibly well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished season 1. The latter half of the season was better than the first half. I was surprised the season finale didn't pack more of a punch.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: July 11, 2021, 03:32:50 PM »
I am not really enjoying the third season of master of none.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: July 11, 2021, 03:34:45 PM »
"I think you should leave" is still very weird and funny

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: July 12, 2021, 02:40:10 PM »
Barry was very enjoyable. I'm happy I gave it a second shot. Bill Hader is one of my favs!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: July 12, 2021, 11:27:49 PM »
I'm sure it has been discussed on here before but I freaking love Peaky Blinders on Netflix.

I watched it a couple years ago and just finished season 1 again.

It helps to watch it with captions on as those cheeky Brits can be hard to understand.

My favorite part is all the WW1 references and how it ties into the plot.
I forgot how amazing the season 2 finale at the Epsom Derby was. Just an action packed finale with all sorts of twists and turns!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: July 13, 2021, 08:27:36 AM »

Sorry if Luke’d

Yeah, it's over, you can binge it pretty easily it's like 8 episodes and you will get to the point where you're fast forwarding through parts of episodes.

The RR New York Reunion was even more disappointing, it was just a bunch of 50 something's talking about the early 90's, it's crazy boring. There are only 6 episodes, all well under an hour, I only made it though 4.

I agree with MIR on the Challenge.  I enjoy the regular show and it was fun to see the old people for a minute but when they started a challenge, the level of competition was really sad.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: July 13, 2021, 08:54:26 AM »
manifest on netflix hasn't been to bad but have a feeling it's going to get to hokey for me here soon. reminds me just a tiny bit of lost which is why I'm probably still watching it

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: July 13, 2021, 08:57:44 AM »
Are any of you watching Loki? Time burner for me. Not really a ball clencher.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I am. Its ok. I'm not a huge multiverse fan, so its a little much for me with all the time travel and stuff, but i'm watching it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13290 on: July 13, 2021, 10:03:54 AM »
Started this lastnight.  He’s so great.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: July 13, 2021, 10:15:19 AM »
The magician one made me lol

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13292 on: July 13, 2021, 10:48:35 AM »

craving a sloppy steak right now

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: July 13, 2021, 11:12:30 AM »

craving a sloppy steak right now
Maybe hit up Dan Flashes after.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: July 13, 2021, 11:45:10 AM »

I need to watch S2. S1 was great for memes, but it was difficult to watch.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: July 13, 2021, 08:06:04 PM »
https://youtu.be/ziBOCIgCaOk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: July 19, 2021, 10:26:16 PM »
It’s a short series but How to Become a Tyrant on Netflix was a very good guilty pleasure.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: July 20, 2021, 07:14:48 AM »
Are Succession & Billions basically the same thing? Or is one more comedy & one straight drama?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: July 20, 2021, 07:24:19 AM »
Succession is a very funny drama but I don't think I'd call it a comedy. Never seen Billions.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13299 on: July 20, 2021, 08:08:27 AM »
Are Succession & Billions basically the same thing? Or is one more comedy & one straight drama?
Succession is way better. I stopped Billions after two seasons.