Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1239182 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #13150 on: May 10, 2021, 10:05:23 PM »
The Rookie seems pretty good so far.  Has anyone watched The Rookie?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13151 on: May 11, 2021, 09:08:29 AM »

It is good, you will like it.  When I watched it, I said to my loving wife and family, "33 is going to love this."  We laugh AND cried. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13152 on: May 11, 2021, 09:09:21 AM »

It is good, you will like it.  When I watched it, I said to my loving wife and family, "33 is going to love this."  We laugh AND cried.

WAIT, FALSE ALARM.  I was thinking of the movie with Dennis Quaid.  Wow, now THAT was a delight.  This show is probably trash tho.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13153 on: May 11, 2021, 01:07:40 PM »
Obviously the Dennis Quaid movie is fantastic.  But I think this show has potential.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13154 on: May 11, 2021, 02:21:37 PM »
We started watching Downton Abbey for the first time last week and it is v good. Best British TV I've seen since Foyle's War. We are in the middle of season 2. Hoping that O'Brien and Thomas do less horrible things to other characters, going forward.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13155 on: May 11, 2021, 06:35:48 PM »
We started watching Downton Abbey for the first time last week and it is v good. Best British TV I've seen since Foyle's War. We are in the middle of season 2. Hoping that O'Brien and Thomas do less horrible things to other characters, going forward.

It's magnificent.  Cherish it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13156 on: May 11, 2021, 11:02:00 PM »
mare of easttown is rough ridin' great

I had something come up and had to stop the first ep halfway through. I'm debating going back. I'm not sure I really like shows where every single character is miserable. I've heard great things and may keep going, but can't decide.

I had decided to pass but the SNL sketch about it last weekend made me change my mind.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13157 on: May 14, 2021, 11:24:52 AM »
I tried to watch Rick and morty but it bugged me that Rick had to say "morty" in every single sentence. Like, I get it, the kids name is morty, enough already.

Man, push through that and watch them.  They are brilliant.

I'm not one to take Pete's advice lightly and have now watched the first season. I think it was the meseeks that finally hooked me.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13158 on: May 14, 2021, 11:37:03 AM »
The dogs becoming intelligent hooked me.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13159 on: May 14, 2021, 03:21:09 PM »
I tried to watch Rick and morty but it bugged me that Rick had to say "morty" in every single sentence. Like, I get it, the kids name is morty, enough already.

Man, push through that and watch them.  They are brilliant.

I'm not one to take Pete's advice lightly and have now watched the first season. I think it was the meseeks that finally hooked me.

LOL, the messeeks made me cry with laughter. That one is genius. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13160 on: May 14, 2021, 05:49:40 PM »

I had something come up and had to stop the first ep halfway through. I'm debating going back. I'm not sure I really like shows where every single character is miserable. I've heard great things and may keep going, but can't decide.

I had decided to pass but the SNL sketch about it last weekend made me change my mind.
Watched MoE based solely on gE’s recommendation and confirming it’s a good mystery/crime drama watch. Reminds me of Sharp Objects.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13161 on: May 14, 2021, 06:49:26 PM »

Watched MoE based solely on gE’s recommendation and confirming it’s a good mystery/crime drama watch. Reminds me of Sharp Objects.

Guess I need to watch Sharp Objects then.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13162 on: May 17, 2021, 09:22:39 AM »
"The Boys" season 2 was very entertaining. I hadn't given it a shot, because I don't hear much feedback when it came out. I was impressed.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13163 on: May 17, 2021, 09:52:32 AM »
started up Startup.  only a couple epis in, but so far so good.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13164 on: May 17, 2021, 10:00:02 AM »
Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix is a solid super hero show.  It starts out making you think it's just like Invincible, but after the first episode it takes a very different path.  It's a little slower pace, but I was cool with that.  There is a recurring flashback story from the 1920's and 30's that I found to be interesting.  It's basically telling the story of how these people came to have super powers.  Apparently season 2 will be more of the battle vs the bad guys.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13165 on: May 17, 2021, 12:28:02 PM »
They took it up a notch on MoE last night. I'm slightly disappointed in who the killer appears to be.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13166 on: May 17, 2021, 12:30:36 PM »
Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix is a solid super hero show.  It starts out making you think it's just like Invincible, but after the first episode it takes a very different path.  It's a little slower pace, but I was cool with that.  There is a recurring flashback story from the 1920's and 30's that I found to be interesting.  It's basically telling the story of how these people came to have super powers.  Apparently season 2 will be more of the battle vs the bad guys.

Hmm, I've been debating on whether to watch this. The trailer looks so bad and the reviews are terrible but I trust Pete and my time is honestly not that valuable.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13167 on: May 17, 2021, 01:13:47 PM »

Hmm, I've been debating on whether to watch this. The trailer looks so bad and the reviews are terrible but I trust Pete and my time is honestly not that valuable.

The first episode is a bit cheesy as they try and establish the "daddy issues" stuff, but I personally thought it got better.  The "current day" superman figure is a complete jerk off dad character on purpose, and his flashback old time self was a more likable guy."  They did the "cheesy" bits on purpose, but you have to suffer through the first episode a bit.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13168 on: May 17, 2021, 03:38:00 PM »
They took it up a notch on MoE last night. I'm slightly disappointed in who the killer appears to be.
they did take it up a notch but there's more to go. i believe the killing of brianna is separate from the other girls at the bar
it's interesting how almost everyone has dirt on their hands

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13169 on: May 17, 2021, 03:58:07 PM »
they did take it up a notch but there's more to go. i believe the killing of brianna is separate from the other girls at the bar
it's interesting how almost everyone has dirt on their hands

Ya, I was faced last night and missed or forgot the ending. Brianna's killer is still out there. I hope it's Roy.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13170 on: May 17, 2021, 04:38:32 PM »
At least we don't have to worry about Mare's love triangle messing up the investigation.

But seriously, what is the purpose of Guy Pearce's character?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: May 17, 2021, 04:50:59 PM »
Summerhouse

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13172 on: May 17, 2021, 04:55:03 PM »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: May 17, 2021, 05:43:06 PM »
The invincible season finale is great and absolutely brutal and sets up a giant story moving forward. I encourage anyone who likes superhero stuff to watch it. 7/7 series

Finally gave it a watch end of last week and finished it yesterday. Pretty decent binge. I am definitely curious to watch more and I do really enjoy the show. It definitely sits in a weird place for me. In general I hate/don't care about superhero shows/movies, which this is in that vein, but it's also different. I like adult oriented cartoons so that pulls me back in, it's pretty gory and in your face about things, so there's that too. The music the way it's added is pretty cool, the title card "Invincible" being thrown in all the time is kinda funny and weird. And of course the voice actors are top notch.

I genuinely thought everyone being like a bargain brand knock off of tons of superheros and shows and groups would be off putting but honestly I kinda enjoy the sort of tongue in cheek, sort of subtle dig on the brand name DC and Marvel heros, while also makes it kinda more enjoyable and more liberating honestly than needing to follow a specific archetype.

I definitely ended up down a wiki rabbit hole of the characters and the "Image" universe, cause I'll be honest I never heard of it, nor this show until youtube queued up a few scenes in my suggestions. It definitely makes the end of the last episode and that wiki hole come together (don't do it unless you mind spoilers, which I am pretty don't care about spoilers unless it's basically the entire crux of the show like 6th sense, after all for this show it only took the last 5 minutes of the first episode to see where this was going). It'll be fun though to see how they all end up in new places next season.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: May 20, 2021, 12:04:44 AM »
That Damn Michael Che on HBO Max is the best sketch comedy show since Chappelle's Show.