Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1252819 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #12700 on: January 05, 2021, 03:25:13 PM »
I have not seen Boardwalk Empire.  I would participate in a Television Club for it though.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12701 on: January 05, 2021, 03:40:43 PM »
I have seen Boardwalk Empire and would participate in a watching party.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12702 on: January 05, 2021, 04:17:19 PM »
in

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12703 on: January 05, 2021, 04:21:10 PM »
Where did we land on a Boardwalk Empire group watch? Could be fun! One season a week, or whatever timeline we want to use. Then start a thread to discuss each season?

I'm a few episodes from finishing The Boys, which has been more entertaining than I expected.
i'm surprised it's taken you this long on the boys.  i think that's one of the most fun tv shows i've ever seen.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: January 06, 2021, 07:15:26 AM »
Where did we land on a Boardwalk Empire group watch? Could be fun! One season a week, or whatever timeline we want to use. Then start a thread to discuss each season?

I'm a few episodes from finishing The Boys, which has been more entertaining than I expected.

Did you watch the very special euphoria rue episode?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12705 on: January 06, 2021, 08:18:00 AM »
Johnny Lawrence should be in every scene of Cobra Kai.  His character is really the only reason to watch.  I do like that they are going into Kreese's back story a little bit, I find that interesting.

I want this to essentially turn into a Johnny Lawrence/Daniel Larusso buddy cop show. I thought the two or so episodes during season 2 with them teaming up were the best episodes. All of Daniel-Son wife's scenes seem like they are just forcing her in, it never seems natural.

Agree.  With Miguel as like the behind the scenes tech guy because his relationship with Johnny especially when he's explaining technology to him is the other great part of the show.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12706 on: January 06, 2021, 08:18:41 AM »

:Yuck: The regular episodes were great.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12707 on: January 06, 2021, 12:42:59 PM »

:Yuck: The regular episodes were great.

Yes they were! The special episode is really good too!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12708 on: January 06, 2021, 12:50:28 PM »
Johnny Lawrence should be in every scene of Cobra Kai.  His character is really the only reason to watch.  I do like that they are going into Kreese's back story a little bit, I find that interesting.

I want this to essentially turn into a Johnny Lawrence/Daniel Larusso buddy cop show. I thought the two or so episodes during season 2 with them teaming up were the best episodes. All of Daniel-Son wife's scenes seem like they are just forcing her in, it never seems natural.

Agree.  With Miguel as like the behind the scenes tech guy because his relationship with Johnny especially when he's explaining technology to him is the other great part of the show.

Yes!

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12709 on: January 07, 2021, 11:24:56 PM »
Starting Happy Endings.

So good, unfortunately it won't take you long to finish.

5 episodes in. Pretty good, but the women make the show. DWjr is a good side kick to his wife, but the other 2 don%u2019t add anything for me.

Yeah it will stay that way for the most part. I love Eliza Coupe so she was the show for me, Casey Wilson is also a star. As great as Elisha Cuthbert is, she didn't do much for me with the show and was probably the reason it was cancelled so quickly. The relationship between the relationship between Brad and Jane will become central to the show. I also like Adam Pally a lot but was underwhelmed by how he was used.

Almost to the end on season 1 & they aired the episodes out of order. Went to the episodes wiki page and they aired production episodes 2 & 3 as 10 & 11. Its driving me crazy. I noticed before that the character development was strange and saw they jumbled up the episode order for the whole season.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12710 on: January 09, 2021, 03:10:49 PM »
ted lasso is pretty good, I just finished it.  mindless but fun

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12711 on: January 09, 2021, 03:16:40 PM »
Starting Happy Endings.

5 episodes in. Pretty good, but the women make the show. DWjr is a good side kick to his wife, but the other 2 don%u2019t add anything for me.

Yeah it will stay that way for the most part. I love Eliza Coupe so she was the show for me, Casey Wilson is also a star. As great as Elisha Cuthbert is, she didn't do much for me with the show and was probably the reason it was cancelled so quickly. The relationship between the relationship between Brad and Jane will become central to the show. I also like Adam Pally a lot but was underwhelmed by how he was used.

Almost to the end on season 1 & they aired the episodes out of order. Went to the episodes wiki page and they aired production episodes 2 & 3 as 10 & 11. Its driving me crazy. I noticed before that the character development was strange and saw they jumbled up the episode order for the whole season.

I started this show this week as well. I recall Damon Wayans Jr. leaving "New Girl" after the first or second episode and it was to pursue a different venture. I guess this was it. He reappeared in later seasons of "New Girl."

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12712 on: January 09, 2021, 03:20:14 PM »
New girl is good!

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12713 on: January 09, 2021, 03:41:00 PM »
New girl is good!

I'm really enjoying Happy Endings, but New Girl is the better show. Happy Endings had Schmidt on an episode!

Rotten Tomatoes hated Happy Endings fwiw

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12714 on: January 09, 2021, 03:49:58 PM »
Starting Happy Endings.

I started this show this week as well. I recall Damon Wayans Jr. leaving "New Girl" after the first or second episode and it was to pursue a different venture. I guess this was it. He reappeared in later seasons of "New Girl."

Depending on how far you are in, stop watching season 1 in the order on Hulu. Go to the episodes wiki page & watch on production order.  Its not that big of a deal, its just the 2nd & 3rd production episodes deals with the fall out of the 1st & its weird they are bring it back up after watch 7 episodes of it mostly resolved. Also, Im neurotic about that stuff, it may not bother you at all.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 04:38:56 PM by TheHamburglar »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12715 on: January 09, 2021, 04:44:24 PM »
Starting Happy Endings.

Depending on how far you are in, stop watching season 1 in the order on Hulu. Go to the episodes wiki page & watch on production order.  Its not that big of a deal, its just the 2nd & 3rd production episodes deals with the fall out of the 1st & its weird they are bring it back up after watch 7 episodes of it mostly resolved. Also, Im neurotic about that stuff, it may not bother you at all.

I think I'm too far in. Didn't even notice but would have tried to correct the error had I known sooner.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12716 on: January 09, 2021, 05:16:45 PM »
I Think You Should Leave is definitely my favorite sketch show, probably of all time. But Aunty Donna's Big Ol' House of Fun is a little bit more bizarre version of that if anyone else is a fan. Both on Netflix.
A BIZARRE version???
This is bonkers and I love it

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12717 on: January 09, 2021, 07:47:22 PM »
Starting Happy Endings.

Weird that hulu did this.

I know a lot of people compared new girl to happy endings but I've never seen a single episode of new girl.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12718 on: January 09, 2021, 07:56:43 PM »
Hulu didnt  do that. Thats the order they aired them on TV. It was a spring replacement, which usually struggle with a short first season.  I think they probably aired their strongest episodes early trying not to get cancelled, then aired the second & third episodes produced later. It wasnt that big of deal & some stuff you would never notice if you werent binging. There were some jokes that crossed episodes out order, like one early episode Penny said she slept with her allergist the night before, then 7 episodes later she accidentally calls Max for 24 hours & he tells Dave he listened to her flirting with her allergist. Also didnt know Jane & Alex are sisters until they aired the second episode late in the season. Biggest thing was Dave living with Max for 7 episodes, then theres an episode about him moving in with Max.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12719 on: January 09, 2021, 08:38:42 PM »
Hulu didnt  do that. Thats the order they aired them on TV. It was a spring replacement, which usually struggle with a short first season.  I think they probably aired their strongest episodes early trying not to get cancelled, then aired the second & third episodes produced later. It wasnt that big of deal & some stuff you would never notice if you werent binging. There were some jokes that crossed episodes out order, like one early episode Penny said she slept with her allergist the night before, then 7 episodes later she accidentally calls Max for 24 hours & he tells Dave he listened to her flirting with her allergist. Also didnt know Jane & Alex are sisters until they aired the second episode late in the season. Biggest thing was Dave living with Max for 7 episodes, then theres an episode about him moving in with Max.

I watched it as it aired so my memory could be awful, but I thought they established that Jane and Alex were sisters in the first episode, at Penny's party.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12720 on: January 09, 2021, 08:47:23 PM »

I watched it as it aired so my memory could be awful, but I thought they established that Jane and Alex were sisters in the first episode, at Penny's party.

Very well could have & I missed it. It’s all small stuff, I’m just neurotic about stuff like that & stuck inside all day, so these are the things I need to discuss with my gE friends.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12721 on: January 10, 2021, 10:34:57 AM »

Yes!
Really thought Johnny was gonna blow it with Miguel’s mom and end up with Ali. What a roller coaster of a show

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12722 on: January 11, 2021, 02:09:12 AM »

Yes!
Really thought Johnny was gonna blow it with Miguel’s mom and end up with Ali. What a roller coaster of a show

Yes, just finished it, like just now. That was the best season finale of the three, and it looks like I'm going to get my wish.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12723 on: January 11, 2021, 08:36:34 AM »
Yeah, the final scene had my heart pumping with joy.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12724 on: January 11, 2021, 12:45:49 PM »
Yeah, the final scene had my heart pumping with joy.

How about the song they used  :love: