Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261051 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #12575 on: December 01, 2020, 09:19:17 AM »
i love sbtb and the new trailer looked awesome.  that "Friends Forever" mix  :love:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12576 on: December 03, 2020, 05:41:41 PM »
I absolutely love undercover boss episodes on Hulu. The bosses are 99% awful people. Only good boss I’ve seen was the Philly pretzel guy.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12577 on: December 04, 2020, 12:45:52 PM »
I absolutely love undercover boss episodes on Hulu. The bosses are 99% awful people. Only good boss I’ve seen was the Philly pretzel guy.

I saw an episode featuring some breastaurant concept in Texas (Bikini's, maybe?), and the surprise reveal at the end was that this bartender/manager lady got a free boob job, and maybe some dental work or something  :D

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12578 on: December 04, 2020, 12:49:33 PM »

I saw an episode featuring some breastaurant concept in Texas (Bikini's, maybe?), and the surprise reveal at the end was that this bartender/manager lady got a free boob job, and maybe some dental work or something  :D

I watched an episode for Cinnabon where the CEO was a former Hooters girl who had worked for the Hooters CEO and he gave her a C-suite job at like 27 or something and they had a sit down and they included a flashback to where he didn't stop a store manager when he was undercover from having a contest for a small prize with his wait staff where they ate cream pies with the hands behind their backs.

Unreal.

The Boston Market one I felt bad for the guy they fired because he was talking smack on guests. He said he "was the Kim Kardashian of Boston Market."

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12579 on: December 04, 2020, 12:55:02 PM »
I have a friend that was on Undercover Boss. She was working at one of those paint class places.  At the end of the show they gave her a franchise.  She had to move to Austin area as there weren't any franchise opportunities in DFW, I guess.  She has since closed it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12580 on: December 04, 2020, 12:56:35 PM »

I watched an episode for Cinnabon where the CEO was a former Hooters girl who had worked for the Hooters CEO and he gave her a C-suite job at like 27 or something and they had a sit down and they included a flashback to where he didn't stop a store manager when he was undercover from having a contest for a small prize with his wait staff where they ate cream pies with the hands behind their backs.

Unreal.

The Boston Market one I felt bad for the guy they fired because he was talking smack on guests. He said he "was the Kim Kardashian of Boston Market."

One of the episodes, I believe the Boston Market one, shot parts at the resort I worked at in Colorado.  I cannot understand why, but they did.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12581 on: December 04, 2020, 01:15:55 PM »

... contest for a small prize with his wait staff where they ate cream pies with the hands behind their backs...

That seems like unusually sexual activity to be having in the workplace.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12582 on: December 04, 2020, 01:17:01 PM »
the very best part of undercover boss is how badly they disguise the bosses 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12583 on: December 04, 2020, 01:27:35 PM »
If a camera crew shows up at my work I'm going to do my job a lot better than a normal day.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12584 on: December 04, 2020, 01:32:03 PM »
If a camera crew shows up at my work I'm going to do my job a lot better than a normal day.

yeah, I wonder how much of these are setups because it is kind of unbelievable but who knows.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12585 on: December 04, 2020, 01:32:16 PM »
Letterkenny. It would have grabbed 26 year old me by the balls, but 36 year old me still appreciates it. Even if I gave up watch it with subtitles.
I appreciates it too, and am a good deal older than you.  My wife and kids think it is terrible though.

Little late to this party, but having spent a goodly amount of my time in rural Canada, it's rough ridin' hilarious as crap to me. Other than obviously the quick talking, the pluralizing of words for no real reason 1000% happens. and that's what I appreciates about them.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12586 on: December 04, 2020, 01:36:51 PM »
Do the Canadians you've spent time with pronounce Spanish words incorrectly? The few I know all say jah-lap-a-no, tore-till-a, etc. I figured it's just from not having much of a Hispanic influence on the culture.

There are some newfies in there too, but they are like a totally different language
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12587 on: December 07, 2020, 06:16:57 AM »
Showtime mini series your honor with Cranston as a judge protecting his son who fled a hit and run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12588 on: December 07, 2020, 06:17:39 AM »
Do the Canadians you've spent time with pronounce Spanish words incorrectly? The few I know all say jah-lap-a-no, tore-till-a, etc. I figured it's just from not having much of a Hispanic influence on the culture.

There are some newfies in there too, but they are like a totally different language
Chimi Chang uh

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12589 on: December 07, 2020, 06:42:34 AM »
The Taco Bueno episode featured a store in my town. They featured an overly peppy drive thru window operator that had $20k in medical debt from messing up his arm/hand in a motorcycle accident. They focused on him doing the job for his small son. They paid off his medical debt & said he would get mentoring/training for management. Shortly after the episode aired he & his girlfriend were arrested for child neglect.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:48:43 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12590 on: December 08, 2020, 08:13:21 AM »
Queens Gambit was worth a watch.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12591 on: December 08, 2020, 08:14:30 AM »
The Crown!

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12594 on: December 08, 2020, 09:36:34 AM »
 I pushed past my “the lead character on a sitcom, which was created as a vehicle for that actor” dislike of Jeff/Joel McHale on Community and am now 9 episodes in and enjoying it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12595 on: December 08, 2020, 09:49:51 AM »
Cool cool cool
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12596 on: December 08, 2020, 12:38:00 PM »
I pushed past my “the lead character on a sitcom, which was created as a vehicle for that actor” dislike of Jeff/Joel McHale on Community and am now 9 episodes in and enjoying it.

I think every sitcom in history has been created as a vehicle for a certain actor.  Also, I lOVE Community.  It's one of the few shows my wife and I disagree on.  She does not love Community.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12597 on: December 08, 2020, 01:35:40 PM »

I think every sitcom in history has been created as a vehicle for a certain actor.  Also, I lOVE Community.  It's one of the few shows my wife and I disagree on.  She does not love Community.

I don’t have a dislike for the vehicle thing. My thing is NBC has a habit of making them way over the top. I let that creep into Community because I could’ve stand Jeff for the first couple episodes. They actually did his first few episodes really well. I wish I would have got over my bias and given it 5-6 episodes sooner.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12598 on: December 09, 2020, 03:15:03 PM »
I finally got around to watching season 10 of Curb Your Enthusiasm and it was fantastic and very funny.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12599 on: December 10, 2020, 01:00:32 PM »
I finally got around to watching season 10 of Curb Your Enthusiasm and it was fantastic and very funny.

Mocha Joe!