Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1239548 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #12450 on: October 15, 2020, 01:27:55 PM »
This Kingdom is about MMA fighters and I really have no idea where they came up for the name of the show.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12451 on: October 19, 2020, 02:39:12 PM »
rewatched Hill House this week because somehow i forgot just about everything from 2 years ago. it's really a great show. ep6 is such a great achievement. final ep is a bit disappointing but still pretty good.

watching Bly Manor now and it was a lot less interesting until the last ep i watched (5 i think) where things started getting extremely wonky and i have no idea what's going on. p excited to finish it!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: October 19, 2020, 02:45:52 PM »
The Season 1 finale of The Boys was really well done.  I love this show.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12453 on: October 19, 2020, 05:23:10 PM »
Almost through season 1 of Schitts Creek. The rest of the show is good, but Cathrine O’Hara’s fake voice makes her scenes almost unwatchable.

i'm about halfway through the 3rd episode.  it's ok. a lot of overacting going on.  they all try too hard.  except for chris elliot because everything he does is perfect in ever-y-way.  i find myself staring at eugene levy's eyebrows wayyyyyyy more than i should be.
i'll prob continue on it but the overacting is very distracting.  also is this type of nepotism accepted vs the LHC Bill Snyder kind?
did i see correctly that martin short has a writing credit for the show?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: October 19, 2020, 05:34:58 PM »
Almost through season 1 of Schitts Creek. The rest of the show is good, but Cathrine O’Hara’s fake voice makes her scenes almost unwatchable.

i'm about halfway through the 3rd episode.  it's ok. a lot of overacting going on.  they all try too hard.  except for chris elliot because everything he does is perfect in ever-y-way.  i find myself staring at eugene levy's eyebrows wayyyyyyy more than i should be.
i'll prob continue on it but the overacting is very distracting.  also is this type of nepotism accepted vs the LHC Bill Snyder kind?

twyla the waitress is also one of Levy's spawn (if you didn't already catch that)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: October 20, 2020, 08:13:09 AM »

Chris Elliot is maybe one of the best actors of all time at making the audience cringe. He's a genius at it.  He's so good at it, that I frequently have to speed past his stuff if I am in an awkward mood.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12456 on: October 20, 2020, 12:03:43 PM »
watching Bly Manor now and it was a lot less interesting until the last ep i watched (5 i think) where things started getting extremely wonky and i have no idea what's going on. p excited to finish it!

nope this show sucks, do not watch

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: October 20, 2020, 12:08:53 PM »

Chris Elliot is maybe one of the best actors of all time at making the audience cringe. He's a genius at it.  He's so good at it, that I frequently have to speed past his stuff if I am in an awkward mood.

When he first came on I told Mrs.Hamburg I really don’t like him, but you described how a really feel when he’s on screen. I can’t watch awkward at all.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #12458 on: October 20, 2020, 01:42:47 PM »

He was great in Everybody Loves Raymond.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12459 on: October 20, 2020, 01:47:15 PM »
Who could forget his classic role as "Snowplow Man" in the 2000 hit Snow Day?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: October 20, 2020, 02:00:30 PM »
i only know him as there's something about mary / tostitos commercials guy

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12461 on: October 20, 2020, 02:03:53 PM »
finished s3 of Better Call Saul and i'll just keep saying it, incredible show.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12462 on: October 20, 2020, 02:18:13 PM »

He was great in Everybody Loves Raymond.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

He was peak Chris Elliot in that role.  I must also say, without being :Jeffy:, I was smitten by his daughter on SNL and had no idea she was his daughter. When I found that out my mind was blown.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12463 on: October 20, 2020, 07:47:22 PM »
peak chris elliot was chris elliot’s appearances on the david letterman show which I would guess are on youtube or something

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12464 on: October 21, 2020, 02:01:03 PM »
How has Scary Movie 2 not come up yet?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #12465 on: October 21, 2020, 02:02:41 PM »
I thought Cabin Boy was peak Chris Elliot.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: October 21, 2020, 02:11:00 PM »
I thought Cabin Boy was peak Chris Elliot.

Also a great letterman cameo
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: October 21, 2020, 04:02:25 PM »

Immediately what I think of too. I've had "take my strong hand" / "my germs!" typed up a few times and wasn't sure if that was too obscure.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12468 on: October 21, 2020, 04:04:51 PM »
my dad used to make me watch Chris Elliot in "Get a Life."  we both enjoyed that show.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: October 21, 2020, 04:06:05 PM »
Chris Elliot also happens to be the son of Bob Elliot, part of the sketch radio comedy team "Bob and Ray."  My dad also used to make me listen to those a lot.  we both enjoyed them together.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: October 21, 2020, 04:19:52 PM »

Immediately what I think of too. I've had "take my strong hand" / "my germs!" typed up a few times and wasn't sure if that was too obscure.

take my strong hand gets quoted in my house weekly.  As is "I can do it myself" but i digress

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: October 21, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »
my dad used to make me watch Chris Elliot in "Get a Life."  we both enjoyed that show.

What a wild prime time television show. I remember watching it when it when I was a kid and remembering how absurd it was and then I found some youtube rips and yep they are still absurd in the modern day.

If you don't know, Elliott's character is a 30 year old paperboy who actually dies in like half of the episodes. I distinctly remember one from when I was a little kid where he bought a submarine from a magazine ad and tried it out in his bathroom and it failed and he drowned.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: October 21, 2020, 04:41:51 PM »
Another interesting fact about Chris Elliot is that he's looked his current age for about 30 years.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: October 23, 2020, 08:00:10 AM »
Below Deck

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: October 25, 2020, 08:03:33 PM »
Finished Season 2 of Kingdom. I hated Keith in season 1 but loved him in season 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingdom the korean period zombie drama is 5 raccooons good. i dont think there are any korean keiths

Speaking of the Korean period zombie drama, did you watch it in subtitles or dubbed English?