Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1256149 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #12250 on: August 16, 2020, 10:54:00 PM »
last chance U has been good but way different than previous seasons

Finished this last night, I was surprised to see the City of Oakland basically become another show subject, like the players, for the last two episodes.

I really liked the season a lot, good to see a coach that's actually a good dude. Seems like he has a great rep with college coaches, because lol at some of those dudes that are getting college football opportunities.  I couldn't help but think of these dudes and how the pandemic is really going to eff up their lives this year.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12251 on: August 16, 2020, 11:08:05 PM »

Finished this last night, I was surprised to see the City of Oakland basically become another show subject, like the players, for the last two episodes.

I really liked the season a lot, good to see a coach that's actually a good dude. Seems like he has a great rep with college coaches, because lol at some of those dudes that are getting college football opportunities.  I couldn't help but think of these dudes and how the pandemic is really going to eff up their lives this year.
I appreciated his honesty in the last episode so much.. majority of those kids are told they are bound for the NFL for soo long.. appreciate he'd shoot them straight

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12252 on: August 16, 2020, 11:15:11 PM »
was considering rewatching Carnivale on hbo but it’s so weird idk

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12253 on: August 17, 2020, 07:53:28 AM »
Super weird, I don't think you'd like it.

I like it tho.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12254 on: August 17, 2020, 08:44:20 AM »

I appreciated his honesty in the last episode so much.. majority of those kids are told they are bound for the NFL for soo long.. appreciate he'd shoot them straight
Only have the finale left to watch.  California jucos are crazy.  I get the appeal of "not living is Scooba/Indy," but man if I was looking to play juco football, I can't imagine going to one in Cali and having to deal with all the associated complications of housing/day-to-day living.

That's a brutal way of life.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12255 on: August 17, 2020, 08:44:48 AM »
Watched E1 of Love on the Spectrum lastnight.  Some of Michael's lines had me keeling over.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: August 17, 2020, 09:32:20 AM »
Super weird, I don't think you'd like it.

I like it tho.
rewatching
i watched it when it originally was on and remember know that it ended up like west world where the writers just went into each episode with no clue where it was going

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: August 17, 2020, 09:42:41 AM »
I started watching that Eco Challenge race show. Since Bear Grylls is the host, he'll be like standing on the landing skid of a helicopter hovering 25 feet above the water as he describes what the contestants are supposed to do to complete that leg of the race. Then, out of rough ridin' nowhere, he does a rough ridin' backflip off of the rough ridin' helicopter and into the rough ridin' ocean. I will watch every episode.

Offline steaksdime

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: August 17, 2020, 01:18:49 PM »
Rewatching Fargo. Each season is so amazing. Pleasantly surprised (reminded?) to find out that season 4 starts on Sept 27...set in KC in the '50s.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: August 17, 2020, 02:25:59 PM »
I'm watching The English Game.  Pretty good. Made by the guy who made Downton Abbey. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12260 on: August 17, 2020, 02:58:44 PM »

Only have the finale left to watch.  California jucos are crazy.  I get the appeal of "not living is Scooba/Indy," but man if I was looking to play juco football, I can't imagine going to one in Cali and having to deal with all the associated complications of housing/day-to-day living.

I couldn't figure out of that was a rule or if just many of the campuses are urban so they don't have dorms.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12261 on: August 17, 2020, 03:25:01 PM »

I couldn't figure out of that was a rule or if just many of the campuses are urban so they don't have dorms.
Ah maybe -- i assumed it was a rule.  They mentioned they don't get anything really...food, housing, etc.  If that was just a Laney thing, then that sucks too.

Either way, brutal.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12262 on: August 17, 2020, 03:40:02 PM »
Mrs Dax and I are watching crack cocaine Yellowstone.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: August 17, 2020, 04:28:36 PM »
Mrs Dax and I are watching crack cocaine Yellowstone.
Binged during quarantine. Solid entertainment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12264 on: August 18, 2020, 11:51:36 PM »
What We Do in the Shadows is very funny

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: August 19, 2020, 08:08:03 AM »
I'm watching The English Game.  Pretty good. Made by the guy who made Downton Abbey.

I loved Downton, so I gave this a shot and watched the first episode.  I didn't think it was very good, and was a cheesy shadow of Downton.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: August 19, 2020, 11:57:54 AM »
I made it through about 20 minutes of the first episode of Umbrella Academy before turning it off.  Not for me.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: August 19, 2020, 12:10:26 PM »
I made it through about 20 minutes of the first episode of Umbrella Academy before turning it off.  Not for me.

I do recommend giving it a chance.  It gets pretty fun. There are few characters in it that I think you'll enjoy.  Namely Klaus and 5.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12268 on: August 19, 2020, 12:12:40 PM »
I'm two episodes into Maniac and wondering if I should keep going. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: August 19, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »

I do recommend giving it a chance.  It gets pretty fun. There are few characters in it that I think you'll enjoy.  Namely Klaus and 5.
The thing is, I really don't like Ellen Page for some reason.  Also the talking chimp.  I'm not big on superhero stuff to begin with.

I'm sure it's a good show and there are things I'd like about it, but I can't continue when there's so much other great stuff out there.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12270 on: August 19, 2020, 12:35:08 PM »
i finished Dark and i can't believe they pulled off such a satisfying ending.

****SPOILERS****

are we 100% sure that helge & claudia didn't bone to make peter doppler & regina?
   - peter showed up to winden in 1987 or whatever and said his mom told him on her death bed who his dad was (helge). his dying mom could have been claudia right? we don't really know what happened to claudia in the origin world.
   - despite what everyone thought, we know tronte was not regina's father (bc he doesn't even exist lmao)
   - i know at the dinner party scene, there was a "family" photo of OG power plant guy (bernd doppler) with claudia & regina, but claudia could have just married him afterwards.

season 3 had some real holy crap moments: katherina w/ her mom, adult jonas w/ his mom, bartosz being a 19th century cocksman, charlotte & elisabeth stealing baby charlotte to send her back in time  :sdeek:

i'm not sure how noah was traveling all over time while simultaneously trying to invent a time machine in the 1950s/1980s using the kids, but i'm sure i missed it.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: August 19, 2020, 12:38:17 PM »
I'm two episodes into Maniac and wondering if I should keep going.

God I love this series so much. 10/7

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: August 19, 2020, 12:56:58 PM »

The thing is, I really don't like Ellen Page for some reason.  Also the talking chimp.  I'm not big on superhero stuff to begin with.

I'm sure it's a good show and there are things I'd like about it, but I can't continue when there's so much other great stuff out there.

The chimp isn't featured much going forward, and almost not at all in the second season.  I too dislike Ellen Page, and would normally stay away from anything that she is in. Anyway, I thought it was still good despite her. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: August 19, 2020, 01:21:45 PM »
Ellen page is easily the worst part of the show, but that's exactly how her character is supposed to be. Pogo rules though.

Also I would classify the show more as sci-fi/supernatural than superhero. I would suggest going through episode 2 to at least get a sense of what the story will be.

Also you haven't even met the 3 best characters yet! (5, hazel, chacha)

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12274 on: August 19, 2020, 02:11:20 PM »
And Season 2 is better than Season 1.