Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1261282 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #8650 on: March 14, 2016, 12:06:34 AM »
if i was Lamar i would slap the living F out of Brother Calzone

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: March 14, 2016, 07:13:33 PM »
the bachelor finale tonight, apparently he might be getting married tonight during the epi?  can't wait to see how this all unfolds.  ben getting on bended knee and making a "forever commitment" in front of america, does it get better?  only if i could have eaten a load of gus's famous fried chicken for dinner.  oh wait, i did. :lol: 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: March 14, 2016, 08:49:28 PM »
jojo    :Stretcher:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: March 14, 2016, 11:22:26 PM »
if i was Lamar i would slap the living F out of Brother Calzone

You wouldn't dare

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: March 14, 2016, 11:26:48 PM »
Just finished the finale, the self esteem of these women is sad. I can't wait to see how the bachelorette shakes out, hopefully the dude that loses doesn't cry like a toddler. Surprised :lol: to see that of the 19 previous couples that won a game show for love that only one of the couples are still together.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8655 on: March 14, 2016, 11:55:46 PM »
that's kinda the greatest part of the show, its over the top absurdity. the concept never works and everyone knows it. an epic waste of time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: March 15, 2016, 12:25:14 AM »
that's kinda the greatest part of the show, its over the top absurdity. the concept never works and everyone knows it. an epic waste of time.

The desperation is a perverse combo of hilarious and sad. "I'm 24 years old and I'll never find love :bawl:"

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: March 15, 2016, 02:25:01 AM »
Just finished "Fantastic Lies" and I give it four thumbs down. The producer certainly had an angle and she was going to force it, hell or high water. One important piece of why people in Durham and at Duke was completely ignored. She talked to the neighbor that essentially said that they had lots of parties but the fact is that at that time Duke lacrosse was a menace to that campus unseen anywhere else in college athletics. The Duke lacrosse team had 36 separate disciplinary incidences the previous three years leading up to the false accusation. 3freaking6, that's once a month for three years. I can't imagine what the outcry would be if that happened to Miami or USC football. One of the mother's said Duke basketball wouldn't have had to cancel their season if that happened to him, she's probably right but I can assure you that Duke basketball or any other basketball team wouldn't have 36 disciplinary issues in three years.

Pressler had no control of that program, he should have been fired, making him out to be a martyr is ridiculous. Yes, it was a shame that Mangum lied about those three players but to not paint the entire picture of the undercurrent of what was happening on a daily basis with that team and what happened that night was pretty unforgivable. Did they not mention Kim Roberts because they would have had to give her context? Everyone that is old enough to have any memories of 2006 know the players were vindicated so I'm confused about why this was made. Why did we have to watch two hours of parent interviews? We already know that Mangum lied, Nifong was crooked, and the media and schools jumped to some conclusions.

Finally they mentioned several times that Mangum was in college, more than the previous incidences of trouble with the lacrosse team, why was it never mentioned that she didn't attend Duke? It was framed that she had to sit amongst these dudes and that is far from true.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: March 15, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »
what was the nature of each of the 36 incidents duke lacrosse members were accused of?  it's clear from the episode that they weren't angels but you seem to have some knowledge of what was going on there.  are we talking about staying out past curfew, drinking beers, or something more serious like falsely accusing 3 men of sexual assault or murdering your significant other?  it was interesting to see how the media, society, and their school, were so eager to throw these "privileged" white guys to the wolves based upon the words of a deadbeat mother/hooker/druggie who had everything to lose by being out that late, but zero evidence. it was a good story.

we all know that reggie miller scored 8 points in 9 seconds in the 1995 eastern conference semifinals to beat the knicks, why did we have to watch 70 minutes of interviews in the "Winning Time - Reggie Miller vs. The New York Knicks" 30 for 30?

bottom line is while some people might have known some details about what went on, "we all" didn't.  not to the extent that was laid out in the 30 for 30. 

outside of the duke campus, durham is primarily an african american community.  she didn't have to sit among the duke lacrosse team, the lacrosse team sat in and among her and her community.  she was the one born in durham.

everyone i've talked to about it thought the doc was great.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: March 15, 2016, 04:01:29 PM »
the bachelor finale tonight, apparently he might be getting married tonight during the epi?  can't wait to see how this all unfolds.  ben getting on bended knee and making a "forever commitment" in front of america, does it get better?  only if i could have eaten a load of gus's famous fried chicken for dinner.  oh wait, i did. :lol:

how much chicken did you eat this time?  he probably picks jojo but the thought of being around her family was too much.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: March 15, 2016, 04:06:38 PM »
2 wings, 2 breasts.  they call it "the usual" when they see me walk in the door. 
apparently jo jo's brothers are coming after ben

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: March 15, 2016, 04:20:48 PM »
2 wings, 2 breasts.  they call it "the usual" when they see me walk in the door. 
apparently jo jo's brothers are coming after ben

1)is that on the menu, or just ask for the 'clams usual?
2) :ohno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: March 15, 2016, 04:25:20 PM »
i mean, it's on the menu, i told you it's called "snacks" and you just order the pieces you want. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: March 15, 2016, 04:35:23 PM »
I'm pretty sure the doc said the accuser went to a different school

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: March 15, 2016, 04:36:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure the doc said the accuser went to a different school
it did

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: March 15, 2016, 04:45:17 PM »
I thought the doc was pretty fair, but that's just me. I mean, by no means did I walk away thinking those Duke guys were anything but spoiled rich kids who believed they could treat women like yesterday's trash. Those guys are the worst. To me the takeaway from the doc is how the mob narrative can get so large that the evidence doesn't matter, that's what happened here. And the unfortunate truth that only a few privileged in society get the kind of defense council these kids got.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: March 15, 2016, 04:50:25 PM »
by no means did I walk away thinking those Duke guys were anything but spoiled rich kids who believed they could treat women like yesterday's trash.
i mean, speaking of evidence not mattering...outside of this 2 hour documentary, how well do you know these guys? had the chance to hang with them quite a bit?  i'm interested to know more about how they believed they could treat women.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: March 15, 2016, 04:55:22 PM »
by no means did I walk away thinking those Duke guys were anything but spoiled rich kids who believed they could treat women like yesterday's trash.
i mean, speaking of evidence not mattering...outside of this 2 hour documentary, how well do you know these guys? had the chance to hang with them quite a bit?  i'm interested to know more about how they believed they could treat women.

I guess I don't really know clams. I just assume one wouldn't throw a party like that and say the things they said to a woman if they valued that person as an individual worthy of respect and dignity. The doc implied the girls were asked to degrade themselves beyond what they were comfortable doing. That to me implies they don't value women. JMHO.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: March 15, 2016, 05:04:07 PM »
you don't know them and you don't have any evidence to back up the assumptions you made of them (exactly like what happened to them when the sexual assault accusations were made).   i don't believe anything that the hookers claimed was said or anything they claim happened...

sorry but they have zero credibility. i also don't believe that you've never been to a strip club or maybe a bachelor party where strippers were in attendance.  maybe you really never have and maybe you just happen to judge anyone who has been to a strip club or around strippers as a spoiled rich kid who believes they can treat women like trash.  have you ever been drunk when you were in college and said or did something that you wish you hadn't? 

but the truth is you have no evidence to suggest that these men are of the character by which you describe them.  you're assuming because they were from well to do families and went to duke and were athletes that they were misogynists.  sad really.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: March 15, 2016, 05:15:13 PM »
Well first of all, I'm a dude who watched a TV show, not a DA, so if I assume something about them on a message board, its pretty harmless, so I wouldn't say its EXACTLY like what happened to them. Unfair? Sure.

As far as making broad judgement on the character of the guys on that team, the beginning of the doc implied they were pretty entitled, wild guys with a certain reputation on campus. And as MIR pointed out, apparently they often behaved without belief that their actions had consequence. Perhaps I overstated it.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8670 on: March 15, 2016, 05:20:49 PM »
i'm not going to assume that these 3 guys were responsible for any incidents that may be attributed to the duke lacrosse team.  because i have no direct knowledge of any of their individual actions.  and so for me to make any assumptions of their character isn't fair to them and at this point, i think they've punched their "unfair treated like crap" tickets and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: March 15, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »
i'm not going to assume that these 3 guys were responsible for any incidents that may be attributed to the duke lacrosse team.  because i have no direct knowledge of any of their individual actions.  and so for me to make any assumptions of their character isn't fair to them and at this point, i think they've punched their "unfair treated like crap" tickets and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

fair. you're right that "duke lacrosse" was 46 individuals and not 1 person.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #8672 on: March 15, 2016, 06:14:33 PM »
Finished season two of The Killing. Wish I'd jumped on that ship sooner.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: March 15, 2016, 09:16:27 PM »
what was the nature of each of the 36 incidents duke lacrosse members were accused of?  it's clear from the episode that they weren't angels but you seem to have some knowledge of what was going on there.  are we talking about staying out past curfew, drinking beers, or something more serious like falsely accusing 3 men of sexual assault or murdering your significant other?  it was interesting to see how the media, society, and their school, were so eager to throw these "privileged" white guys to the wolves based upon the words of a deadbeat mother/hooker/druggie who had everything to lose by being out that late, but zero evidence. it was a good story.

I seem to have some knowledge of what was going on where? You seem weirdly sensitive about me simply stating a reported fact. It was absolutely important to the narrative and if you're truly interested in the viewer coming to their own conclusion about the entirety of the situation you can't exclude it. I don't know why you're asking me about the nature of the offenses, I didn't make a film about the situation.

Also Mangum was never a hooker nor am I aware of any drug charges she had, put the dog whistle away FSD. Whatever crap she has gotten herself into the last 10 years has no relevance to what happened that night, weird that you brought it up since no one is trying to vouch for her.

we all know that reggie miller scored 8 points in 9 seconds in the 1995 eastern conference semifinals to beat the knicks, why did we have to watch 70 minutes of interviews in the "Winning Time - Reggie Miller vs. The New York Knicks" 30 for 30?

bottom line is while some people might have known some details about what went on, "we all" didn't.  not to the extent that was laid out in the 30 for 30. 

It really isn't the filmmakers fault in this case because people refusing to our not being allowed to talk but the one perspective nature of this doc doesn't meet the standard of previous 30 for 30s dealing with heavy subject matter.

Grats?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: March 15, 2016, 09:22:14 PM »

I seem to have some knowledge of what was going on where? You seem weirdly sensitive about me simply stating a reported fact. It was absolutely important to the narrative and if you're truly interested in the viewer coming to their own conclusion about the entirety of the situation you can't exclude it. I don't know why you're asking me about the nature of the offenses, I didn't make a film about the situation.

Also Mangum was never a hooker nor am I aware of any drug charges she had, put the dog whistle away FSD. Whatever crap she has gotten herself into the last 10 years has no relevance to what happened that night, weird that you brought it up since no one is trying to vouch for her.

It really isn't the filmmakers fault in this case because people refusing to our not being allowed to talk but the one perspective nature of this doc doesn't meet the standard of previous 30 for 30s dealing with heavy subject matter.

Grats?

you should probably watch the doc before commenting on it