Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1262348 times)

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #5225 on: March 26, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »
I'm still watching HIMYM. Can't stop now.

There are others!  :Woohoo:

Don't let them keep you down, Townie.  I still watch and will until the bitter end.

She's not dead is she? tell me she's not dead at the end!!!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: March 26, 2014, 12:38:56 PM »

Don't let them keep you down, Townie.  I still watch and will until the bitter end.

i think she's dead

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: March 26, 2014, 12:48:45 PM »
There's a huge difference between the words respect and dumbass. If you can't discern that difference,  you do think at a 7th grade level.
Shut up, mh.

No, I'd like you to apologize for your word choices as of late and commit to never using that word in a derogatory sense again.
Get bent. You always pick and choose on what to get sensitive about and it usually involves me. I'll apologize to you once I can respect you.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: March 26, 2014, 12:54:12 PM »

i think she's dead

She is definitely dead.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: March 26, 2014, 12:55:55 PM »

i think she's dead

She is definitely dead.
yep shes dead. killed by teds crazy ex gf

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: March 26, 2014, 12:56:23 PM »
There's a huge difference between the words respect and dumbass. If you can't discern that difference,  you do think at a 7th grade level.
Shut up, mh.

No, I'd like you to apologize for your word choices as of late and commit to never using that word in a derogatory sense again.
Get bent. You always pick and choose on what to get sensitive about and it usually involves me. I'll apologize to you once I can respect you.

I'm not asking for you to apologize to me. The fact that you can't figure out that you're in the wrong here is astounding to me. I don't target you maliciously. You think you're being clever or funny, but really you're just crass. It would behoove you to actually think about your word choice before posting. I don't have an issue with you calling out posters you disagree with, that would be hypocritical of me. I have a problem with you calling someone a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). You understand the meaning of the word, do you not?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: March 26, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »
Shut up, mh.

I'm not asking for you to apologize to me. The fact that you can't figure out that you're in the wrong here is astounding to me. I don't target you maliciously. You think you're being clever or funny, but really you're just crass. It would behoove you to actually think about your word choice before posting. I don't have an issue with you calling out posters you disagree with, that would be hypocritical of me. I have a problem with you calling someone a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). You understand the meaning of the word, do you not?

I don't think he does. He's a dumbass.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: March 26, 2014, 12:58:46 PM »
Guys I just watched my first episode of GoT. Should I be concerned with my life?

Decent show, imo.

Once you learn the 1500 characters in the show it gets pretty good. Fortunately I read above the 7th grade level so I was able to do this rather quickly  :gocho:

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: March 26, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »

i think she's dead

She is definitely dead.
yep shes dead. killed by teds crazy ex gf
Nooooo
I'll be crushed...

nah, I'll go on with my life without skipping a beat.

But I think a dead mom is too likely and the writers are rough ridin' with us.  The episode a few weeks ago when they flashed forward of the mother and ted out to eat, that made it all too obvious, I don't think it would  end like that, show has been full of twists and surprises.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: March 26, 2014, 01:03:12 PM »

But I think a dead mom is too likely and the writers are rough ridin' with us.  The episode a few weeks ago when they flashed forward of the mother and ted out to eat, that made it all too obvious, I don't think it would  end like that, show has been full of twists and surprises.

If I had to bet, they'll probably never definitively say whether she is dying or not. They'll just hint at it.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5235 on: March 26, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »
I hope we're not spoiling this for Stevesie since he is likely a HIMYM fan who is a few seasons behind.  :ohno:

He's just squashing my attempts to talk about the show to avoid spoilers!

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: March 26, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »
Someone give me a short description of what the show is actually about and why the mystery with the mother.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5237 on: March 26, 2014, 02:22:46 PM »

i think she's dead

She is definitely dead.

The actress have an interview and said that theory is insane.

Could be effing with us, though.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: March 26, 2014, 02:32:40 PM »
Someone give me a short description of what the show is actually about and why the mystery with the mother.

If you watch HIMYM before the first 4 episodes of Scrubs then I will roofie every single one of your drinks from this point forward.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: March 26, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »

If you watch HIMYM before the first 4 episodes of Scrubs then I will roofie every single one of your drinks from this point forward.

I would really like both of you to follow through on this so I can see how it plays out.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: March 26, 2014, 02:37:49 PM »

I would really like both of you to follow through on this so I can see how it plays out.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: March 26, 2014, 02:44:16 PM »

The show is about a guy in his 30s and his adventures in dating girls before he finally meets his wife.

SPOILER

They finally introduced the Mother character during the season 8 finale, so she's been apart of several flash forward scenes in season 9. About 3 or 4 episodes ago the writers strongly hinted at the fact that she had some sort of terminal illness even though she was still fairly young. They were talking about mothers being there for their daughters' weddings no matter what, and then there was a long, awkward pause between Ted and the Mother that ended with them both getting very emotional.

When Bog Saget is telling the story to the 2 kids it is set in 2030. The scene with references to the terminal illness scenarios is much earlier than that...probably 2020-ish.

I probably shouldn't have done that for you, but there you go...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:49:43 PM by TownieCat »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: March 26, 2014, 02:53:05 PM »
himym is friends, but better.  it's an ok show to have reruns on as you bbs.  i would never actually wait for new episodes every week tho.

i have a huge crush on lily (forgetting her IRL name) tho, and have since like high school.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: March 26, 2014, 02:57:03 PM »

The show is about a guy in his 30s and his adventures in dating girls before he finally meets his wife.

SPOILER

They finally introduced the Mother character during the season 8 finale, so she's been apart of several flash forward scenes in season 9. About 3 or 4 episodes ago the writers strongly hinted at the fact that she had some sort of terminal illness even though she was still fairly young. They were talking about mothers being there for their daughters' weddings no matter what, and then there was a long, awkward pause between Ted and the Mother that ended with them both getting very emotional.

When Bog Saget is telling the story to the 2 kids it is set in 2030. The scene with references to the terminal illness scenarios is much earlier than that...probably 2020-ish.

I probably shouldn't have done that for you, but there you go...

Thanks  :thumbs:

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: March 26, 2014, 03:01:54 PM »

Please wait til you know who moves in a couple of months which will allow me to show more respect to the other you know who. Let's not complicate things at the office. TIA.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: March 26, 2014, 03:05:23 PM »

Please wait til you know who moves in a couple of months which will allow me to show more respect to the other you know who. Let's not complicate things at the office. TIA.

.........what?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: March 26, 2014, 03:05:49 PM »
You know what, nevermind. Based on your English skills I'd say HIMYM is the perfect show for you.

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: March 26, 2014, 03:06:49 PM »
Don't roofie me, I'll make bad decisions.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: March 26, 2014, 03:07:55 PM »
Don't roofie me, I'll make bad decisions.

now that's a show!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: March 26, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »
himym is friends, but better.  it's an ok show to have reruns on as you bbs.  i would never actually wait for new episodes every week tho.

i have a huge crush on lily (forgetting her IRL name) tho, and have since like high school.

Alison hanigan (sp). you probably loved American pie then too?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.