Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1257838 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #14675 on: February 23, 2023, 01:29:06 PM »
Have we talked about Hacks? Hacks was very enjoyable. Loved it.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14676 on: February 23, 2023, 01:31:30 PM »
I'm on ep 4 of White Lotus 2 and I'm still waiting on....something. I loved the first season and immediately liked several characters. I'm 4 in on season 2 and I really don't give a crap about anyone yet.

Season 1 was def better, more likable and interesting. Season 2 just seems like a vessel for depravity.

Enjoyed season one, and stopped watching a few episodes into season 2 as well.

Are you sure it wasn't because of the "scenery"?

Season 2 seems way less fun, and more dark. Fewer likeable, yet flawed characters imo from what I can remember.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14677 on: February 23, 2023, 01:38:05 PM »
I'm on ep 4 of White Lotus 2 and I'm still waiting on....something. I loved the first season and immediately liked several characters. I'm 4 in on season 2 and I really don't give a crap about anyone yet.

Season 1 was def better, more likable and interesting. Season 2 just seems like a vessel for depravity.

Enjoyed season one, and stopped watching a few episodes into season 2 as well.

Are you sure it wasn't because of the "scenery"?

Season 2 seems way less fun, and more dark. Fewer likeable, yet flawed characters imo from what I can remember.

Honestly, I think I liked season 2 better. In season 1, I didn't like the outcomes for Shane, Rachel and Kai. In season 2, I liked how it worked out with everyone except for Ethan and Harper, but that didn't bother me as much as what they did to Kai in season 1.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14678 on: February 23, 2023, 05:35:24 PM »
I like Shrinking which is new. It's about therapists not shrinking people down. Cast includes Harrison Ford and Jason Segel.

I'm enjoying Shrinking as well.  I did not really enjoy The Shrink Next Door, also on Apple TV.

The Shrink Next Door made me very, very mad.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14679 on: February 23, 2023, 06:54:08 PM »
I thought season 1 was ok/funny but not excellent. I haven’t watched season 2 except for about 39 minutes of one episode and it was just bizarre and other than Jennifer Coolidge I would probably never watch it, but may eventually watch it for her.

I don't think she was the best or most intriguing character of season two, although she's the most integral to the finale. I thought that Harper, Mia, and Lucia carried the season.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14680 on: February 23, 2023, 06:56:21 PM »
Lucia. Top-shelf character name imo.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14681 on: February 23, 2023, 06:57:38 PM »
Lack of likeable characters is why I can’t watch Yellowstone as well. They’re basically all hard to stomach. Loved 1883 tho and have high hopes for 1923 or whatever it’s called tho.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14682 on: February 23, 2023, 07:17:28 PM »
Lack of likeable characters is why I can’t watch Yellowstone as well. They’re basically all hard to stomach. Loved 1883 tho and have high hopes for 1923 or whatever it’s called tho.
Hmmmm, I may try 1883.  I stopped watching Yellowstone for the same reason.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14683 on: February 23, 2023, 07:25:39 PM »
I stopped watching Yellowstone right away because it's too stupid to even be enjoyable

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14684 on: February 23, 2023, 09:31:18 PM »
What is wrong with you people. Yellowstone and all the prequals are great.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14685 on: February 23, 2023, 09:38:46 PM »
Paul T. Goldman might be the best thing I've ever seen. A six part docu-series on Peakcock.

I don't know how else to describe it than by saying it's The Rehearsal adjacent.
My jaw DROPPED

Absolutely wild

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14686 on: February 24, 2023, 08:49:10 AM »
What is wrong with you people. Yellowstone and all the prequals are great.

Yeah I like them too. But I will say that the seasons are progressively getting less enjoyable. Still not bad enough for me to stop watching, but we're heading that direction.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #14687 on: February 24, 2023, 09:19:45 AM »

SHUT UP YOU GUYS WE'VE ALREADY ADJUDICATED THIS. Part of the reason Yellowstone is enjoyable is that you (the viewer) have to grapple with being sympathetic to a situation despite the fact that you don't like the character its happening to. And also the cowboy dialogue. If you can't appreciate the fact that Rip can essentially convey an entire complex, multi-faceted idea with a single sentence - 10 words tops - and the inflection in his voice...if you can't appreciate that then i don't know what to tell you.

Like seriously i'm not sure Rip ever has any lines that consist of more than 10 words at a time, and yet he conveys so much information. its incredible. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14688 on: February 24, 2023, 09:33:14 AM »
Watched Ep 1 of 1923 last night.

THANK YOU SIR! MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #14689 on: February 24, 2023, 09:48:57 AM »
KSU supermodel and star Charles Melton was great in Poker Face last week.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14690 on: February 24, 2023, 10:30:45 AM »

SHUT UP YOU GUYS WE'VE ALREADY ADJUDICATED THIS. Part of the reason Yellowstone is enjoyable is that you (the viewer) have to grapple with being sympathetic to a situation despite the fact that you don't like the character its happening to. And also the cowboy dialogue. If you can't appreciate the fact that Rip can essentially convey an entire complex, multi-faceted idea with a single sentence - 10 words tops - and the inflection in his voice...if you can't appreciate that then i don't know what to tell you.

Like seriously i'm not sure Rip ever has any lines that consist of more than 10 words at a time, and yet he conveys so much information. its incredible.

Maybe I need to give it another shot and just be more open minded.  I quit after the episode where the allegedly-not-gay-but-only-celebate brother punched the psychopath (obvs not her fault with a crap hole mom ) was punching him in the face, and he hit her back once, and then Crash Tincup dad tells him "if you ever hit your sister again I'll put your head through a wall."  Made me very mad.  Also, they had just been remarking that they would make some punk felon into a cowboy by the end of the day merely by duct taping him to a horse for an afternoon.  Not sure what being a cowboy is exactly, but if one can achieve it merely by being duct taped to a horse, well then I am not certain that is a very admirable calling at all.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14691 on: February 24, 2023, 11:21:09 AM »

Maybe I need to give it another shot and just be more open minded.  I quit after the episode where the allegedly-not-gay-but-only-celebate brother punched the psychopath (obvs not her fault with a crap hole mom ) was punching him in the face, and he hit her back once, and then Crash Tincup dad tells him "if you ever hit your sister again I'll put your head through a wall."  Made me very mad.  Also, they had just been remarking that they would make some punk felon into a cowboy by the end of the day merely by duct taping him to a horse for an afternoon.  Not sure what being a cowboy is exactly, but if one can achieve it merely by being duct taped to a horse, well then I am not certain that is a very admirable calling at all.

It's a maga soap opera

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #14692 on: February 24, 2023, 11:59:22 AM »
I mean like, yeah, I AM a millionaire and yeah, I DO own several hectares of breathtaking mountain ranch land, but when I step outside myself I’m still pretty sure I would enjoy the show just on its merits, if that makes sense?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #14693 on: February 25, 2023, 11:01:07 AM »
Final season of Snowfall started this week. Love the series.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14694 on: February 26, 2023, 09:28:50 PM »
Damn man. The Last of Us with another one
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14695 on: March 08, 2023, 11:07:46 AM »
i started The Consultant on prime strictly and exclusively because of Christoph Waltz. i am enjoying.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #14696 on: March 08, 2023, 11:45:11 AM »
I am excited for Silo.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14697 on: March 08, 2023, 12:34:50 PM »
I’m excited about season 2 of Perry Mason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14698 on: March 08, 2023, 12:49:40 PM »
Final season of Snowfall started this week. Love the series.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Just started season 1. Only 5 epi in. Really liking this one. Never heard of it before this post.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #14699 on: March 08, 2023, 01:38:51 PM »
I thought season 1 was ok/funny but not excellent. I haven’t watched season 2 except for about 39 minutes of one episode and it was just bizarre and other than Jennifer Coolidge I would probably never watch it, but may eventually watch it for her.

I don't think she was the best or most intriguing character of season two, although she's the most integral to the finale. I thought that Harper, Mia, and Lucia carried the season.

Yeah, I actually preferred it when she was more of a background character. During the finale, I basically just wanted her scenes to be over as I was more focused on the other families. After reading the reddit thread on the finale, I discovered that I missed a ton of stuff throughout the season.

Overall, season one was much better, but I still enjoyed it. I love short series like this one where you don't have to remember everything from 7 years ago to watch. Anyone have any other recommendations for shows/series like this?