Author Topic: Would you take a beating  (Read 4964 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: Would you take a beating
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 01:05:27 PM »
i don't know guys. if you had your own cell and a desk you could read all of the classics or master some academic field. you could write a bestselling personal account, title it "my struggle" or something.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 01:07:13 PM »
i don't know guys. if you had your own cell and a desk you could read all of the classics or master some academic field. you could write a bestselling personal account, title it "my struggle" or something.

Yeah, I'd consider it.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 01:07:26 PM »
it did wonders for chingon

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2014, 01:07:46 PM »

you can do that without speding 15 months in prison as well

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2014, 01:08:56 PM »
I don't know if I could go 15 months without alcohol.  :dunno: Is that bad?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »
OK, so there are lots of people out there who just work work work their asses off for several months/years in a row without taking any days off; work overtime to get extra $$ etc...So it would be kinda like that except you are making $92,593 per hour 24/7 (mocat please check my math). (That's the $1 Billion scenario.)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2014, 01:17:01 PM »
OK, so there are lots of people out there who just work work work their asses off for several months/years in a row without taking any days off; work overtime to get extra $$ etc...So it would be kinda like that except you are making $92,593 per hour 24/7 (mocat please check my math). (That's the $1 Billion scenario.)
yeah some of the economists in here think their time is worth infinity amount of dollars.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2014, 01:18:06 PM »
yeah some of the economists in here think their time is worth infinity amount of dollars.

it's definitely subjective. if you ask in this thread I'll tell you if your time is worth that or not.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2014, 01:18:46 PM »

Yeah, only instead of work work working your ass off doing something you love, you get to hang out with lowlifes all day doing nothing. I don't think they even have cable television in prison. It's bullshit.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2014, 01:20:25 PM »

it's definitely subjective. if you ask in this thread I'll tell you each if your time is worth that or not.
I'll bite.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2014, 01:20:58 PM »

it's definitely subjective. if you ask in this thread I'll tell you each if your time is worth that or not.
I'll bite.

absolutely do it. no downside.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 01:21:09 PM »
 :lol:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 01:21:35 PM »
omg

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »

Yeah, only instead of work work working your ass off doing something you love, you get to hang out with lowlifes all day doing nothing. I don't think they even have cable television in prison. It's bullshit.

You would basically get all your time back within about 5 years by not having to go to work any more.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 01:23:33 PM »
Saw that coming.  :lol: :D

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2014, 01:25:09 PM »
Did you dorks not read the next post. jfc.

even on work release, you would hate it. Do you want me to breakdown what E-Pod's daily schedule is like at RCJ?

YES!

E-pod is RCJ's work release pod. Unlike the majority of the others, it is unsupervised.

Your day starts at 5:00 am. The guards come in shortly to serve you cold, stale cereal, which alternates between rice krispies and corn flakes. you also get two pieces of burnt toast, milk and kool-aid. The television can be turned on at this point. After breakfast, you must clean the whole pod, bathrooms, bunks, sweep and mop, wipe down tables, everything. If the pod isn't cleaned to the guard's expectations, you must clean it again.

After all the cleaning is done, you have to make your bed and you can't go back to sleep. You're left to watch the filtered cable, playing cards or board games, write or draw, or converse with your podmates. The cable sucks, aside from local channels you get the travel channel and cartoon network.

Lunch is served at 11:30, it's usually terrible. Dinner is served at 5, it sucks too. E-pod is given recreation time twice a week in the evenings. Library trips once a week on the evenings. You're not allowed to swap library books, commissary or cafeteria food. Laundry comes twice a week.

You're strip searched on your way in and out of the facility. You have to submit a time sheet from work, so they can monitor where you've been. The CO's are really good about making you late to work and making you sit outside of the sally port in the weather for extended periods of time.

Lights go out at 11:00, but not really. You're required to be in your bunk. You can't talk or get up and move around if you can't sleep. It's tough to fall asleep since the lights stay on and the bunks are solid metal. Even if you do manage to fall asleep, you'll be woken up in short order, as the CO's will come through at scheduled intervals to do head counts. They always make a racket when they do.

That's a short overview, what specifics do you want to know? Anybody that's saying they could do a stint, or would do a stint, is either lying or doesn't know what they're talking about. The only people I know that have been through a similar situation to incarceration are military veterans.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 01:29:41 PM by Metalhead »

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »

Prison has more amenities than jail. The downside is that you're usually there longer and have to spend your time with shittier people.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2014, 01:28:40 PM »

You would basically get all your time back within about 5 years by not having to go to work any more.

Not really. People who work that hard really enjoy the work. Give them $1 billion and they would put that money to work. How many billionaires do you know of who don't keep themselves very busy?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2014, 01:40:14 PM »

Not really. People who work that hard really enjoy the work. Give them $1 billion and they would put that money to work. How many billionaires do you know of who don't keep themselves very busy?

Well none of the billionaires that I know work at all.

But we are talking about normal people who do not currently have a billion dollars, but would get paid a billion dollars for 15 months of "work" in a bad environment.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2014, 01:41:33 PM »

Well none of the billionaires that I know work at all.

But we are talking about normal people who do not currently have a billion dollars, but would get paid a billion dollars for 15 months of "work" in a bad environment.

Yeah, if you just hate working, it's probably a very good deal.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »
Guys, it's the principle of the matter.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2014, 01:48:11 PM »

interesting to see a hitler reference fly so low under the radar.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2014, 01:54:47 PM »
Did you dorks not read the next post. jfc.

even on work release, you would hate it. Do you want me to breakdown what E-Pod's daily schedule is like at RCJ?

YES!

E-pod is RCJ's work release pod. Unlike the majority of the others, it is unsupervised.

Your day starts at 5:00 am. The guards come in shortly to serve you cold, stale cereal, which alternates between rice krispies and corn flakes. you also get two pieces of burnt toast, milk and kool-aid. The television can be turned on at this point. After breakfast, you must clean the whole pod, bathrooms, bunks, sweep and mop, wipe down tables, everything. If the pod isn't cleaned to the guard's expectations, you must clean it again.

After all the cleaning is done, you have to make your bed and you can't go back to sleep. You're left to watch the filtered cable, playing cards or board games, write or draw, or converse with your podmates. The cable sucks, aside from local channels you get the travel channel and cartoon network.

Lunch is served at 11:30, it's usually terrible. Dinner is served at 5, it sucks too. E-pod is given recreation time twice a week in the evenings. Library trips once a week on the evenings. You're not allowed to swap library books, commissary or cafeteria food. Laundry comes twice a week.

You're strip searched on your way in and out of the facility. You have to submit a time sheet from work, so they can monitor where you've been. The CO's are really good about making you late to work and making you sit outside of the sally port in the weather for extended periods of time.

Lights go out at 11:00, but not really. You're required to be in your bunk. You can't talk or get up and move around if you can't sleep. It's tough to fall asleep since the lights stay on and the bunks are solid metal. Even if you do manage to fall asleep, you'll be woken up in short order, as the CO's will come through at scheduled intervals to do head counts. They always make a racket when they do.

That's a short overview, what specifics do you want to know? Anybody that's saying they could do a stint, or would do a stint, is either lying or doesn't know what they're talking about. The only people I know that have been through a similar situation to incarceration are military veterans.

Let me wake up at 8am instead of 5 and I could do 3 months no problem.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2014, 02:03:40 PM »
If was younger and single I would do it.  I mean come on, we're talking about a $1,000,000,000.00.  Get it out of the way at like 19 or 20 and party the rest of your life.   
@lopakman

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2014, 02:04:07 PM »
i would do those 3 months with ERII, maybe we can be roommates
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite